1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

20 Questions

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Carrie Hopewell, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    LOL well you see, that's where you're mistaken, because she is a naughty dog trapped in a kitty's body. She's actually bigger and heavier than a lot of dogs I know. Actually, giving her to you is starting to sound like a good idea...

2. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Right... *starts re-thinking my own scheme and slowly backs away* Maybe I've got enough to handle... :p

Bluebird and Fuffy Baith like this.
  3. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Really? Is the blonde Swedish stereotype not true? :eek: lol
    I feel ya! I was about to fall asleep one night, when I saw SVU was on and it was a new season I haven't seen, I got sucked in, and stayed up until 2am! Curse those shows for being addicting!

Do you have a question for any BB member?
    @Taake Do you have any good vegan breakfast recipes? I'm curious.

4. BuffyBot22

BuffyBot22 Potential

1. Are you in love?
    Yes

2. Do you have kids?
    No

3. Do you live alone?
    No

4. Which is your favorite Hemsworth brother? Chris or Liam?
    Liam, I love The Hunger Games

5. If you had to erase one of your top five shows from existence, which would it be?
    hmm this is hard, probably Gilmore Girls because the revival ruined everything I once loved about it.

6. If you were forever stuck on a year of your life, which would it be?
    2015, I was in college and carefree. I had awesome roommates. I was genuinely happy.

7. Are you vegetarian or vegan?
    Neither

8. Do you have a life dream?
    I thought I did, I guess for now I'm just trying to figure it out.

9. Is there someone you desperately want to meet?
    I would love to meet Kristen Bell.

10. Are you a morning bird or a night owl?
    Night for sure.

11. Do you sleep nude?
    Nope

12. What is your favorite time of the day?
    Evening

13. How many people would you absolutely give your life for?
    Probably 4, my mom, dad, step dad, and boyfriend.

14. Name one of your simple pleasures in life?
    Netflixing.

15. If you had a choice between making yourself prettier or making yourself smarter, which would you choose?
    Smarter, of course!

16. Do you have nightmares often?
    Sometimes.

17. Nature, yay or nay?
    Yay if I'm in the mood.

18. Favorite position to sleep in?
    My side

19. Would you take your spouse's last name?
    Hmm, we will have to see. Not sure yet.

20. Do you have a question for any BB member?
    Nope!

5. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    1. Are you in love? Love/hate. It's a fine line.
    2. Do you have kids? Yes. :(
    3. Do you live alone? No, and I mourn for the days when I did.
    4. Which is your favorite Hemsworth brother? Chris or Liam? What's a "Hemsworth"?
    5. If you had to erase one of your top five shows from existence, which would it be? Ugh, probably The Wire.
    6. If you were forever stuck on a year of your life, which would it be? Probably sometime in my childhood. Blissfully unaware of bills and responsibilities and how shit the world is.
    7. Are you vegetarian or vegan? Nah. I will always remember when my mum was veggie for many years, until she came home drunk one evening and tried to make a beef lasagna, dropped it on the floor and ate it anyway.
    8. Do you have a life dream? To be self-employed.
    9. Is there someone you desperately want to meet? Winter when she's adult.
    10. Are you a morning bird or a night owl? Night owl. Things are so much better at night.
    11. Do you sleep nude? No way. Not with a two year old around.
    12. What is your favorite time of the day? W's bedtime.
    13. How many people would you absolutely give your life for? 5.
    14. Name one of your simple pleasures in life? Spending time with my parents.
    15. If you had a choice between making yourself prettier or making yourself smarter, which would you choose?
    Definitely smarter. I actually have a complex about how stupid I am.
    Not really. Lots of bizarre dreams though. (I blame the medication I'm on). Eg. I had a dream a few nights ago that @The Bronze and me were renting a flat in Japan and every night Godzilla would walk past our window but no one would believe us. :(
    17. Nature, yay or nay? Well yeah, it's one of the better things about this shithole planet.
    18. Favorite position to sleep in? Always on my left. Ever since being pregnant and recommended to lie on your left when pregnant as it helps blood flow and oxygen flow to the baby, I've always had that stuck in my head since.
    19. Would you take your spouse's last name? I already have. At my GP's office.
    20. Do you have a question for any BB member? @Taake Have you watched any of the new Twin Peaks yet? Are you enjoying it?

6. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    WOW. I'm laughing! Did she actually manage to make lasagna while drunk??

You're not stupid at all, silly :)

GwenRaiden: LOL, yeah!
  7. Bloody William

Bloody William Potential

Im at a loose end and seem to be in a constant state of procrastination, so here you go...

1. Are you in love?.....No
    2. Do you have kids?.....Yes, 4
    3. Do you live alone?.....Yes
    4. Which is your favorite Hemsworth brother? Chris or Liam?.....No preference
    5. If you had to erase one of your top five shows from existence, which would it be?.....Veronica Mars
    6. If you were forever stuck on a year of your life, which would it be?.....at 10 years old (innocent and life was fun) or 29 years old (not so innocent & life was still fun)
    7. Are you vegetarian or vegan?.....No
    8. Do you have a life dream?.....Drive off in a camper van and escape all the BS
    9. Is there someone you desperately want to meet?.....No
    10. Are you a morning bird or a night owl?.....Both, up early, late to bed and tired all day!
    11. Do you sleep nude?.....No
    12. What is your favorite time of the day?.....Getting home from work and removing the shackles
    13. How many people would you absolutely give your life for?.....5/6
    14. Name one of your simple pleasures in life?.....Riding my motorcycle
    15. If you had a choice between making yourself prettier or making yourself smarter, which would you choose?.....Definitely 'prettier'
    16. Do you have nightmares often?.....Most nights
    17. Nature, yay or nay?.....Yay
    18. Favorite position to sleep in?.....Fetal
    19. Would you take your spouse's last name?.....N/A
    20. Do you have a question for any BB member?.....Not at the minute

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  8. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    This has made my morning :). Isn't it just typical that no one would believe us, probably ignoring the massive footprints across Tokyo as well!

Bluebird and GwenRaiden like this.
  9. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Haha, if the stereotype is blonde Swedish men then it holds true, I just don't like them very much (looks wise) :p

I knooow, haha, it's so easy to get sucked in and just keep watching. I'm glad I'm not alone in that :D

Vegan breakfast recipes, if I have a lot of time I make waffles, bake bread, muffins or scones. There are just too many variations to share a single recipe!
    On a typical work day though I'm more of a oatmeal with applesauce, dried dates, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes kind of a gal. That or toast, I have a serious love-thing with bread going, in Firefly the theme song goes along the lines of "you can't take the sky from me", well my theme song is definitely "you can't take my carbs from me" :D

Recently I've been experimenting with raw food and different kinds of overnight oats and chia seed puddings, basically a lot of fruit, plantbased milks and some chocolate.

I actually haven't... I've been (strangely) social lately and haven't had the time to sit down and watch a full hour of TV uninterrupted in a couple of weeks. Or maybe I'm just stalling because I'm afraid I'm not going to like it and my whole childhood relationships to Twin Peaks will forever be destroyed and my identity will be rocked at its core!
    I really kind of want to watch it with my foster-sister, but she has one of those small human beings hanging around her skirt tails which makes it hard to watch TV sometimes... not that you'd know, obviously, I'm sure W's a dream there :p

Follow up question, @GwenRaiden how in love with James are you at this point? Should the show be all about James and his subplots?

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  10. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

1. Are you in love? Yes.
    2. Do you have kids? Yes.
    3. Do you live alone? No.
    4. Which is your favorite Hemsworth brother? Chris or Liam? Don't know them.
    5. If you had to erase one of your top five shows from existence, which would it be? Wow, okay.... guess.... Firefly?
    6. If you were forever stuck on a year of your life, which would it be? Second or third year in college.
    7. Are you vegetarian or vegan? Neither. Love my meat.
    8. Do you have a life dream? Yes. Become a famous author with a famous book series like Harry Potter.
    9. Is there someone you desperately want to meet? the Backstreet Boys.
    10. Are you a morning bird or a night owl? Morning bird.
    11. Do you sleep nude? No.
    12. What is your favorite time of the day? Right after I get back from work.
    13. How many people would you absolutely give your life for? A lot: my kids, my husband, my parents and my siblings.
    14. Name one of your simple pleasures in life? Eating a sandwich while watching an old sitcom.
    15. If you had a choice between making yourself prettier or making yourself smarter, which would you choose? Smarter.
    16. Do you have nightmares often? Sometimes.
    17. Nature, yay or nay? Nay. I can take a little bit of nature, but I get bored fast.
    18. Favorite position to sleep in? On my back.
    19. Would you take your spouse's last name? No. Didn't take it.
    20. Do you have a question for any BB member? @Carrie Hopewell, what are the parallels between Buffy and Angel, the characters?

11. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Oh don't. When he appeared (and yes he does, sorry I have ruined your life) in the new season looking and acting like a total James Hurley, I wanted to die. I do wonder if he will be the same snivelling emo prick he once was or if he has actually matured (doubt it).

Taake: I just hope he won't be doing any singing :p
  12. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    Aww, thank you for asking!

We have a whole thread for that: Buffy/Angel parallels

You know, this is a really comprehensive question, difficult to answer, so get ready for a huge rant.

Both Buffy and Angel have some sort of calling. Buffy was, somehow, chosen to be a slayer by the Watcher's Council (?) or whichever patriarcal system forced that on Buffy. Angel was chosen to be a champion for humanity by The Powers That Be. Both of these "institutions" paint themselves as benevolent and right, but are actually very morally ambiguous. Buffy and Angel both cut ties with them and are forced to adopt their own mission and moral code.

Buffy is a hero and Angel is a champion. This defines the journey the characters take, and is the foil that allows them to mature and find themselves. Buffy's journey involves her struggle with being a normal girl, and Angel's journey is about finding redemption and a normal-ish life. Both characters are somewhat forced into their "destinies" at first. They aren't driven by empathy or a love for humanity, but rather a sense of responsibility. They're equally committed to their self interests, and not just the "mission". Btvs s2 and Ats s2 are the seasons in which Buffy and Angel truly define themselves as heroes. Buffy's romance with Angel, and Angel's redemption reach unsustainable levels and have huge consequences on their lives. Buffy unknowingly unleashes Angelus in society, and Angel quits being a champion and nearly becomes Angelus himself. But Becoming and Epiphany establish the kind of people Buffy and Angel are. Buffy realizes that she is all she's got, that being a slayer is a responsibility no one will ever understand or truly share, but it's one she's always undertake, while Angel realizes that redemption is not something you achieve, and is also not worth achieving if it takes over one's duties. Angel wants to help because people need it, and that empathy will always drive him ("the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world"). Buffy, similarly, is driven by her love for humanity. Buffy and Angel also realize in season 3 of their shows, that friends (one's true family) are essencial in their personal missions. This is a lesson both characters learn and re-learn throughout the shows.

On a superficial level, these are the parallels. Both shows belong to the same universe and follow the same concept. Buffy is the vampire slayer, and Angel is the vampire with a soul - and both are chosen to save humanity from demons and forces of darkness.

On a smaller scale, there are many other parallels as well, especially when it comes to our heroes' relationships. On Ats, Darla is the opposite of Buffy, and Spike is, in many ways, the opposite of Angel on Btvs. Connor is to Angel what Dawn is to Buffy. Connor replaces Buffy's role in Angel's life and Dawn replaces Angel's role in Buffy's life. Cordelia is in many ways Angel's Riley.

There are also parallels when it comes to Buffy and Angel's character development. There's a loss in naivety that occurs to both of them (beyond Btvs season 2). Buffy and Angel are defeated by life. For Buffy, dying and being pulled from heaven is a hurdle she never recovers from. For Angel, losing baby Connor and Cordelia becoming possessed by Jasmine - and everything that follows - is also something Angel never fully recovers from. Both characters become quite selfish and careless in seasons 6 and 4 of their shows, neglecting their charges too. However, both Buffy and Angel are resilient and survivors. Although broken, in the final seasons of their shows, they manage to achieve something big and to truly rock the boat for evil.
    Buffy and Angel have huge hearts, and empathy and love to share. This is what makes them different from anyone else. Xander, Gunn, Cordelia, Wesley, Fred, Willow, etc all characters have big hearts, but Buffy and Angel have that something extra that makes them leaders. They struggle and hurt the most, but they are unbreakable and incorruptible. Even after their people turn their back on them (season 7 and season 5), Buffy and Angel are still the leaders and the planners that everyone follows.

If I had to choose the biggest parallel between Buffy and Angel,though, it would be this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're are both fighters. They will fight for humanity and for what they love until their very last breath.

The end!!

BuffyBot22, Fuffy Baith and sosa lola like this.
  13. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    1. Are you in love? No.
    2. Do you have kids? No.
    3. Do you live alone? No, I'm a student and live at my parents'.
    4. Which is your favorite Hemsworth brother? Chris or Liam? Chris.
    5. If you had to erase one of your top five shows from existence, which would it be? I don't know what my top 5 shows are. Maybe Castle?
    6. If you were forever stuck on a year of your life, which would it be? I'm 23, so I guess this one. That's a good age.
    7. Are you vegetarian or vegan? No. I get why many people are vegetarians (I eat very little meat myself), but I don't get vegans. If you don't want to support factory farming (which I don't) just buy directly from a farmer where the animals live nice lives. That might be more expensive, but so is vegan stuff. But then again, maybe I'm ignorant of the actual reasons?
    8. Do you have a life dream? Find someone awesome who I can spend my life with. Also that I get a job that I love doing.
    9. Is there someone you desperately want to meet? John Williams. I don't know what I'd say, though.
    10. Are you a morning bird or a night owl? Night owl.
    11. Do you sleep nude? No.
    12. What is your favorite time of the day? Evening.
    13. How many people would you absolutely give your life for? I don't know. A handful.
    14. Name one of your simple pleasures in life? Movies.
    15. If you had a choice between making yourself prettier or making yourself smarter, which would you choose? Smarter. I'm pretty enough.
    16. Do you have nightmares often? No, almost never.
    17. Nature, yay or nay? YAY!!!
    18. Favorite position to sleep in? Lying down, of course.
    19. Would you take your spouse's last name? I don't think so. And my spouse wouldn't have to take mine. I don't care for that kind of stuff.
    20. Do you have a question for any BB member? Uh, no, sorry :rolleyes:

14. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    haha, well sounds like my type! Maybe I need to take a trip to Sweden sometime ;). Lol

Oh you're a carb girl too! I love carbs, but I'm trying to stay away from them and eat more fruit and veggies. I'm not big on oatmeal. And I can't bake, lol. Blueberry waffles are delicious, I've been eating those a lot lately.

Taake likes this.
  15. sk73

sk73 The Overlooked One

Sineya
    1. Are you in love?
    No, never really has been actually.
    2. Do you have kids?
    No
    3. Do you live alone?
    Yes

Didn't even know that there where more than one...
    5. If you had to erase one of your top five shows from existence, which would it be?
    Hmm, can't even decide which is my top five shows.
    Mid 20's was pretty good. So around 97-99 perhaps.
    No, I'm not a big fan of vegetarian food in general.
    Not really.
    Nope. Not desperately.
    Morning bird in the way that I don't have any problems getting up in the morning. But I really appreciate sitting up working at some project late nights too.
    11. Do you sleep nude?
    Not in general.
    Evenings, after work.
    Not sure. I have a bunch of siblings, nephews and nieces that I would do a lot for though...
    I take great pleasure in just being along and doing nothing for a moment. Have a tendency to always wanting to work on something, create something or whatever. But sometimes I realize that I don't really has to and that is a great feeling when I can let stuff go and just relax.
    Smarter. Being prettier doesn't feel that useful for me.
    No, it happens but not often.
    17. Nature, yay or nay?
    Nay. I mean sure, I can enjoy nature at times. But it isn't really my thing.
    On my side.
    I don't even believe in marriage so no.
    I really which that I could come up with some clever question but not right now...

/SK

16. Athene

Athene Scooby

1. Are you in love?
    No.
    2. Do you have kids?
    Not yet.
    3. Do you live alone?
    No.
    4. Which is your favourite Hemsworth brother? Chris or Liam?
    Well I only know of Liam Hemsworth and that's only because of Miley Cyrus...so Liam I guess.

Charmed.

6. If you were forever stuck on a year of your life, which year would it be?

2005, because who wouldn't want to be five forever?

7. Are you a vegetarian or Vegan?

Sadly no.

Just to be happy :)

9. Is there someone that you desperately want to meet?

Eliza Dushku :(

A night owl.

11. Do you sleep nude?

No.

12. What is your favourite time of the day?

Lunchtime (so about 12pm to 2pm).

Only my Dad and my older sister.

Slowly waking up.

I'd make myself smarter.

16: Do you have nightmares often?

I dream of things that should be frightening but because I know it's only a dream I'm never afraid so no not really.

17. Nature yay or nay?
    Yay!

18. Favourite position to sleep in?
    On my side :)

Sure if it wasn't anything weird.

Yes!
    In your experience whose fans are the nicest in the buffyverse fandom?

17. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    Who is that question for? :)

18. Athene

Athene Scooby

Nobody in particular :)

19. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    1. Are you in love?

In love with myself, does that count?:p

When it comes to the L word, I'm like Robin from 'How I met your Mother' - I don't understand all of you love-sluts.:p

2. Do you have kids?

No, thank Hecate.

3. Do you live alone?

No.

Is this a joke? Chris of course.

... 'The Shield'?

You mean, which year would I like it to be? ...Um, one of my pre-school years, probably.

No.

My life dream is to have a life dream.
    #Deep

Not really.

EDIT: Ooh, I know - Joss Whedon.

Night owl, definitely. Mornings suck.

11. Do you sleep nude?

Getting personal, lol. No.

Noon.

I don't know. 10? My close family and friends. Or just any random stranger, in the right situation. At least, that's what I'd like to think.

Playing 'The Witcher 3' :p

Smarter. I'm already pretty.

#CordeliaIsMySpiritAnimal

Not really. Lately, most of my nightmares have to do with overdue papers, LOL.

17. Nature, yay or nay?

Depends.

On my back.

Uh, if it'd be important to her, LOL.

For everyone - Do you think that Anya's bunnyphobia came because of watching 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'? Yes/Yes.

Last Watcher: But it's just a wee bunny!
  20. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    The fans here, a moderate online forum with civil discussions about different topics is always a nicer place than places where people attack each other over the smallest things (Reddit and Tumblr come to mind...).