1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amy Acker Says Angel Spinoffs Won't Happen

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by nerd4hire, May 16, 2006.

1. nerd4hire

nerd4hire Certified Uncloneable

Amy's been right about this kind of stuff before. Personally, I find it credible in the current climate.

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2584

(Te he...I wrote a fanfic one time where Gunn was vamped as a result of NFA. I feel so clever. :biggrin: )

StuckinTraffic: Good lookin' out, n4h!
  2. eponinethen

eponinethen Majk

Oh my, well that would probably have been interesting (even though I always have such a hard time trying to picture these things).. I never really thought there'd be a spin off, then again.. Had I watched Firefly before I knew Serenity was going to happen, I would probably not have believe it ever would either.

I wouldn't be disappointed if nothing more Buffy-related ever happened. I love Buffy and Angel the way they are.. It sould be fun with a Spike-something, but it's not necessary imo, heh..

3. Joamna

Joamna frak

Mhm, I agree epo! I've always thought it would be fun with something else added to the verse but I've never really believed that it would be so.. There's really now need for anything new imo, but also, until Joss has said anything I can't really let go of that little bit of hope that I still have..

4. Black Eye Guy

Black Eye Guy Taking over the World! Staff Member

Ohhh, I think we should wait till after Wonder Women, to see if anything else could happen with this verse!!

I would be fine with Buffy stying where it is, But Angel, I am dieing for some sort of conclusion, I know the message was never stop fighting and all that, But I don't care about messages, I want to see what happened to Angel and co.!!

5. Angel's vision

Angel's vision Silence! I Keel you!

I never read too much into these things it probably because the likelyhood is slim at the mo but you never know with Joss, we the fans need to know what happens! I nod in agreement to BEG.

6. The Arcane

The Arcane Scooby

With all due respect to Amy, as much as I believe that she is being absolutely truthful based upon what she knows, I'm keeping my hope alive until we get some official word from Joss over at Whedonesque. I didn't let myself believe these movies were even going to happen until Joss posted about them himself and so I'll wait for a similar official confirmation from him that they now won't be going ahead.

For those interested, there is a new campaign starting up over at Support Spike to help get the word out that the Spike fans are still hungry for more. Might not help (or might even be a waste of time if the movies are still a real possibility anyway) but taking part certainly can't do any harm. Nothing to lose, at this point.

7. Kendall Hart

Kendall Hart She's A Teen Scream Queen

No offense to Amy but, I'm waiting until this news is official and besides didn't James say he would love to do a Spike movie in the next year or so? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

8. nerd4hire

nerd4hire Certified Uncloneable

There's a "Fight for Spike" campaign happening, if you're interested.

http://www.supportspike.com/camp9.htm

It's a postcard campaign to try to convince Fox to do a straight-to-DVD Spike movie.

9. Black Eye Guy

Have they ever worked in the past? The only thing I can think of getting a sequel when it wasn't expected was Firefly and that was cuz of DVD sales not the way people went about it!

10. Edmund Blackadder

Edmund Blackadder Scooby

in fairness, didnt Fox do an about turn on Family Guy because of fan intervention?

Not saying that anyone will change their minds about a Spike Movie, just saying

11. Black Eye Guy

I'm pretty sure that they ordered a new series because of the massive amount of DVD sales.

12. Schillaci

Schillaci Scooby

Sheesh, I always wanted a main character to get vamped, thinking about it, Gunn would have been the perfect choice. Finally his character would have something to actually do. That would have been so awesome to watch.

F-king networks...

13. sk8rj04

sk8rj04 Lost in Stereo

There's something about it in the new Angel mag. Anyone got it?

14. Jacklyn

Jacklyn Now a Scapenerd too...

This is dissappointing, but not too dissappointing. I loved Angel the way it was and the ending was satisfying enough to me. Something would have been nice, but it's okay. It's not necessary to take it any further.

15. Angel Fan

Angel Fan Townie

Never say never IMO.

16. spuffy

spuffy Zombie Girl

Bad news never stops coming. Too bad.