1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel: Can't Cross Over From Buffy

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by pizzaslayer, May 5, 2016.

1. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    I think the reason Dru was with Angelus was because he wanted to keep hurting her also I wonder if one of the reasons he slept with Dru was just to hurt Spike since he knew Dru couldn't say now & he liked hurting both of them.

2. Priceless

Priceless I am now

Angelus slept with Dru to torment Spike. His MO was always to cause the most amount of pain to others and he knew what would hurt Spike the most. I'm not saying Spike necessarily loved Dru, or that he cared deeply that she slept with other people, but he hated that she slept with Angelus

3. ChaseRules

Sineya
    I gathered that Angelus didn't like the fact that they cared for each other & was doing that to hurt each of them . Because lets face it Angelus would never have taken care of Dur when she was hurt.

4. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I don't think Dru would've slept with anyone other than Angelus when she was with Spike. The thing with Darla was an aftereffect of the immortal in my view since most of the times it seems Darla is annoyed with Dru especially when she calls her "grandmother". Angelus treats Dru as a toy and I think he trained Dru to respond to him in a sexual way hence why it upsets Spike so much because he knows he can't do anything to stop it whilst he's in a wheelchair. Angelus says that Dru gives Spike "pity access" and we've seen Dru still being affectionate to Spike with Angelus on the scene so I do think Spike and Dru do still love each other.

Angelus probably would've regarded her as a broken toy and discarded her.

5. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Agree. That why I think they loved each other . Lets not forgot that Angel made Dru go crazy so she did what a lot of people do when
    under extreme pressure . She started loving the person who doing that . But Spike cares for her so when Angelius not around she only wants Spike .

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  6. Buffy Lover

Buffy Lover Townie

I've felt the same way too at first but I actually started getting more into it when spike appeared and Illyria too. But for season 1-4 I had to force myself to watch it because I really wanted to know what was going on.

7. ChaseRules

Sineya
    That the same for me but I never really made it to Season 5. I was watching it because of Cordelia but even her couldn't keep there until Season 5.
    I might re watch Season 5 one day but not the first four seasons.

matt124 likes this.
  8. matt124

matt124 Potential

Cordelia's absence really was felt in season 5. She was the heart and soul of Angel. It is why I don't like season 5 as much. And not just Cordelia, Season 5 is my least favorite season of Angel, had we gotten a season 6. I might appreciate it more, but for a final season it sucked. I didn't like Wolfram and Heart, and miss Angel Investigations.

9. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Same there . I feel like they were destroying the show with them going to Wolfram & Heart . Like Fred said I think her worlds were we were suckered into doing this in order to kill us & she was right .

matt124 likes this.
  10. matt124

matt124 Potential

Agree completely. It didn't feel like the show anymore. She was so right Fred. I also hated how they basically killed off its only two female regulars in three episodes apart.

If it were me, I would of woken Cordelia out of her coma in YW, and just reinstated her to regular for the remainder of the season. The show needed Cordelia as the voice of reason after Fred died, and they had no females left. Harmony never counted as wasn't a true member. I still get sad that Cordelia wasn't in Angels final episode, and standing at the end. It would have brought the Buffyverse full circle to have her there.

Makes me wonder had Buffy really returned in YW, if Cordelia would of just awakened her coma at the end of season 5 in time for the last 2 episodes. No way if the show was ending she still would be left in it.