1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel in HD?

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by The Ferg, Mar 12, 2017.

1. The Ferg

The Ferg Mine is an evil laugh!

I've seen the awful excuses for HD remasters for Buffy, but apparently Netflix has Angel in HD as well. Does anyone have any information on this? Was Angel shot like Buffy, in 4x3, or 16x9? And does that matter?

2. POTN

POTN Townie

I think they only have Angel Season 5 in HD. And unlike the Buffy remaster it is QUITE purty.

I'm not sure they'll ever do the other 4 season...thankfully. But Angel's fifth season is gorgeous.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2017 ---
    Also I believe after Season One Angel was intended to be 16x9. But someone else here will know better I'm sure.

Smile Time and The Ferg like this.
  3. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    You are right, it was intentionally shot for widescreen after season 1, so Angel fans didn't have to deal with cameras and crew members in the shots. What a travesty Buffy HD is.

Unfortunately, for both shows, they were shot in the interim between standard definition and high definition, so there's a lot of inconsistency in quality. TV wasn't as well respected as a visual medium back then either. I don't think we'll ever see a true remaster of either show, unless Joss or fans are willing to pay for it.