1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel's Soul In Season 8

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by white avenger, Apr 18, 2017.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Given the nature of the reunion of Buffy and Angel, and what immediately followed (how's that for a G rated question about an X rated subject) why didn't Angel lose his soul again? I can think of three possible explanations, but neither one seems 100% logical.

1) It was something like how Spike was able to kill in Season 7 without the chip going off. Angel wasn't really the one "there" in a conscious state, so Buffy was actually in effect shagging Twilight.

2) The second time that Willow reinstalled Angel's soul, she actually was able to eliminate the happiness clause, but either didn't realize it, or just, for some reason, never bothered to tell anyone.

3) Angel really didn't enjoy it that much under the circumstances.

Any other theories, guesses, or suggestions?

2. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I suppose it really was the Twilight possession that overrode his personality to an extent. Can you feel perfectly happy if you're mind-controlled even a little bit?

Like with Jasmine in S4- where Angel was really very happy and contented- clearly the curse has a mind-control clause. Perfect happiness cannot be forced, even by some all-powerful higher being/baby universe, it has to come naturally.

Mylie and Priceless like this.
  3. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    I think Twilight just overrode the curse, and cancelled the perfect happiness trigger. If it can make Angel indestructible and give him superstrength and flying abilities, then curing Angel's eunuch-ness must be a piece of cake, right?

I never undrstood why Angel didn't lose his soul when Connor was born, though. He seemed happier then ever at that point.

4. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Happy but also stressed and worried, like any new parent.

Geobubbles and Guy like this.
  5. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    Probably the first one, but I don't think having sex was the reason that made Angel lose his soul. It was the moment of realization that Angel had after the sweaty part: he was just lying there with the one person he loved the most in the world and it wasn't just about sex.