1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angelus in Season 4

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by GraceK, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z Townie

That's my point though. The danger isn't Angelus himself, it's Buffy's inability to put the safety of others above her own emotions. Angelus isn't any more of a threat than future of previous villains, he's supernatural equivalent of an asshole ex-boyfriend. Most of his kills are off screen extras we have no connection to and even Jenny only died because Angelus found out she was trying to restore his soul.

2. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I still think he felt like a threat though. I think the performance and writing of the character was better in Buffy than in Angel. And what you are talking about is just good writing and that's why you feel the threat from Angelus because you care about what happens to the Scoobies. Sometimes less is more too. Because Angelus is quite a hammy character then I think he works better in small doses. Its also that sense he can take you out at any moment that makes him such a scary character.