1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anya?

Discussion in 'Season 9' started by buffffy, Oct 21, 2013.

1. buffffy

buffffy The "what-if" guy

I read in an interview somewhere that Joss said Anya would return in the comics, but she has yet to do so.. Do you think Joss is saving her for something big in season 10, or something along the lines? I really want my Anya back!! :(

2. Lyri

Lyri Buckle Up Tight

Sineya
    I thought that was the whole reason why Anya was killed off in the finale...so that there was no way for her to ever return in any capacity. I get that this is Joss and it's comics now, but I do remember there being some sort of agreement between Joss/the writers/producers and Emma so that Anya would be gone for good.

In saying that, though, I don't think there's actually a place for Anya anymore. Given what's happened since the end of S7 and where Xander has gone as a character...he doesn't FIT with Anya anymore. He barely fits with Buffy and Willow, he's changed so much. Unless she gets brought back as part of D'Hoffryn's storyline, I'd be happy with Anya's storyline as it is. She was done, finished. I dislike Anya, yes, but I liked how much she grew and the fact that she died saving someone else - it was Anya's truly selfless act. Bringing her back - in any capacity - would make that meaningless.

3. bentjazz

bentjazz Townie

Lyri is now on permanent ignore. Just joking. I say bring Anya back. I loved Anya, and hated her character was killed off. I thought it was a mistake. Have to admit, however, that I haven't been keeping up with the comics. But anything that brings Anya back into play, I'm all for it....

4. Evil Angelus 95

Evil Angelus 95 Total Dork

Sineya
    I can understand why Anya's death happened, considering that Emma no longer wanted to be on the show if it went on later on. But at this point? Bring her back. I think that they could fit her in somewhere. I've always liked Anya :)

5. buffffy

buffffy The "what-if" guy

I touched on why I think Anya would just fit in the comics fine in another thread

6. Joan the Vampire Slayer

Joan the Vampire Slayer Carpe Spuffy!

Should they bring back Anya? No. I like how she died; it was senseless, like much death in life. Bringing her back would cheapen her death...and she did die fighting.

And I agree with Lyri that Anya has no place with Xander anymore. Dawn is who he truly loves now, and he's busy enough dealing with that whole thing.

I love Anya, too but she had her time and place in the story.

7. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I love Anya, but having her there would be like taking 10 steps backwards, and at this point the comics need to move forward. She got a very nice storyline while the show aired and had the perfect ending to it, bringing her back would just ruin everything for me.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, if there's one character I feel that got the short end of the straw with the ending of her arc, it's Tara.

Lyri:
  8. bentjazz

bentjazz Townie

Here's how I'd bring Anya back.....

Xander breaks Dawn's heart, Dawn makes a wish against Xander, D'Hoffryn somehow resurrects Anya and reenlists Anya back into the Vengeance Demon Corps, Anya appears to answer Dawn's wish, then Anya and Xander square off. I know we've been there/done that with Anya, but it'd still be pretty cool and let's face it, it'd shake things up if Xander died at the hands of a former lover. Would be karma for leaving Anya at the alter....

Joan the Vampire Slayer: That'd sure be ironic!
  9. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    The problem with this is that I don't believe the Anya of the ending of s7 would go back to vengeance. She's finally shown to like humans, and to like her friends, as shown by her talk with Andrew. I think Anya finally grew up, and if she was presented with the option of venging again, I believe she wouldn't take it.

Of course that's just my opinion, your idea sounds cool, I just think it'd be a bit redundant for her character.

10. bentjazz

bentjazz Townie

Blaze,

Yeah, you know, you and the other buffy-boarders that don't want Anya to return are probably right, in all actuality. I always loved Anya and hated that her character ended in Season 7. I feel her and Xander were heading towards a reconciliation, and with her newly discovered appreciation for her friends and human life in general, I just think her character had many more journeys ahead. Just my opinion, though....

11. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    Ya overall I really liked Anya and she could have definitely had a few more storylines. I feel like she had some really big development between s3-7, and would have love for her to keep moving in the same direction character wise. It's too bad that she died, but at least I feel like she had a proper death. I feel the same about Wes and he's my favorite character. I feel like he had an awful death, and his storyline wasn't over, but at least he died fighting. He died doing what he dedicated his life too. Anya died the same way. It sucks because we both lost our favorite character, but I can at least appreciate the arcs.

12. HisMrs

HisMrs The Walking BED

Sineya
    I don't think Anya should come back. One thing I kinda have a love/hate relationship with this show/fandom about is the fact that characters don't always stay dead, and that cheapens their deaths for me for some of them. I think Anya died a valiant, beautifully sad death, like Tara, and I wouldn't want to see her come back.

13. bentjazz

bentjazz Townie

::::sniff, sniff, sniff::::
    I'm gettin' all choked up over this thread, folks. You buffy-boarders sure do know how to get a guy all worked up. Anyone have a Kleenex....

14. Lyri

Lyri Buckle Up Tight

Sineya
    I agree. I don't want either Anya or Tara to come back. Yes, Tara's death was tragic and meaningless, but I'm one of those people who still questions whether or not BUFFY should have been brought back.

Death is meaningless in this verse. We can never properly mourn because we know that there is a possibility that EVERYONE could and probably will return some day.