1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anything Wrong With Season 3?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by thetopher, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    It's not crazy that you want your entertainment to put you through hell; I think that is often the case with people because they want characters to be as much of an emotional wreck as they are. That's why season 5 is my favorite, because of the roller coaster relationship between Buffy and Dawn, the up and down and back up and back down actions of Spike, and Willow and Xander being in adult relationships and having to deal with actually growing up and making decisions. I think season 6 takes it too far; even though I enjoy it the problems are less relatable and more straight depressing. Season 3 is on the softer side because it doesn't have any emotional gut punches like season 2. Even the sad episodes like Lovers Walk have happy endings. (Woz gets back together and Xander and Cordi reconcile and move on later) And then episodes like Amends and The Prom are very emotional but end up working out, which is a change of pace from the nobody gets a happy ending tone of season 2. Even Buffy and Faith get kind of a bitter sweet ending with the dream scene and the kiss on the head. However, with all that said, season 3 is fantastic.

Living Dead Boy likes this.
  2. Living Dead Boy

Living Dead Boy Joss Is A Very Flawed Boss

Black Thorn
    Good to know I'm not insane in the membrane. Haha. I totally agree with season 3 being fantastic. It's definitely more consistent on a purely objective level. It's just that for all season 6's flaws, it will probably remain my favorite season purely for emotionally illogical reasons. Even though season 5 is right behind it as perhaps my second favorite season, I find that season 6 was an appropriate direction for the show, regardless of how one feels about the execution. Given all the life altering events of season 5 (the entire Dawn debacle, Riley's departure, Joyce's death, Buffy's eventual death), how could the show be what it once? There's certain situations and events that change you drastically, almost like a before said event, and after said event, and some people head into a more positive direction, and others crumble under life's pressure. Regardless of the mistakes the writers have made, the good mostly outweighed the bad to me, and IMHO their heart was in the right place at showing what its like to be stuck in the mud, metaphorically speaking. I relate to it intensely.

3. Cordeliagirl

Cordeliagirl Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.

Sineya
    Ok like i say, they should lose Lovers Walk, Wish, Amended, Helpless, Zeppo, Bad girls, Consequence, Doublegandgand, Enemy. Keep Anne, Dead mans party, Faith, Trick, Hope, Beauty and Beast, Band Candy, Reveletion, Gingerbread, Earshot, Prom, Graduation day part 1, Graduation day part 2. Also they shouldnt have Xander and Williow Kissing each other in Homecoming, and playing Footsie and holding books together with their hand in Band Candy episode and Kissing each other in Revelation episode, and cheating with each other on and cordy in lovers walk, that just wrong.