1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Help Are The Comics Worth Reading?

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by Kellie Wilson, Sep 18, 2016.

1. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

The dialogue in S8 was wonderful. Witty and snappy. I like it much better than the dialogue in S10.

2. Forever Spuffy

Forever Spuffy shiny beads and sweet talk

If you go to dark horse comics directly you can click on buy digital comics and buy the comics for less than the paper editions. You can also get the free samplers. I really liked the Dark Horse Day 2016 Sampler story for Buffy. It was fun.

theblonde likes this.
  3. theblonde

theblonde Townie

Hi, big swingin' newbie here :) I went to be adopted, but couldn't figure that out, so please forgive me for just jumping in, I am so very happy that you all exist! I was the Jossverse Source here (er, in my corner of the planet) forever, so getting to see other thoughts? Happy dance!

I bought the first few books (sidebar - not sure what you all call the books. Back in Sandman days, it was still "comic book" until a bundle would become a Graphic Novel and trade paperback, now it seems like the books are graphic novel from the beginning. So again, I'll try to get it right and please forgive my more than likely oops-tastic-ness), the comic books first, realized that was not going to be in the budget, then was given a few more last Christmas. I would love to have everything when it is in Hardback, and hopefully that has or will happen? My years as the only girl at the Comic Book store taught me that "Gasp! How can you buy a Paperback?! What about your future children!?" I don't have children, but I love books and would so dig having the books all beautifully bound. And free with my subscription to Sci Fi Monthly, or whatever I joined in 1995 :D Very cool that they are up to what, a season 11 now? If nothing else, that makes my face happy for Joss.

Priceless likes this.
  4. fauxindigo

fauxindigo Townie

Fan-fiction can be fun but I wouldn't equate it to the actual canon comic series. We may not like all elements of the storylines in Seasons 8,9,10 & 11 but they are all definitely worthwhile for any fan that wants to know the continuing story of the characters we love.
    For me, BtVS Season 8 is done very well- save for Warren's return which I didn't believe (or want to believe) in 'Long Way Home' and Angel being Twilight seemed a bit off; how did he go from fighting the evil oncoming apocalypse at the end of Angel season 5 to evil (or under the evil influence of twilight) in BtVS Season 8? I even read the majority of Angel: After the Fall and didn't get to any connecting thread for when Angel fell victim to Twilight's influence.

Season 9- it's true what everyone says that Season 9: Angel & Faith is not just extremely better than BtVS Season 9 but it's just extremely well done in general. My favorite arcs are 'Family Reunion' with Connor and Willow in Quor Toth and 'Daddy Issues' with Faith and Drusilla and the Giles backstory- SO GOOD!

I haven't read all of Season 10 yet but I definitely think Seasons 8 & 9 as well as Angel: After the Fall were very good.