1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Bailing Angel Out In "Not fade Away"

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by white avenger, Jul 20, 2017.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Assuming that Joss had wanted someone to swoop in at the last moment and bail out Angel and his crew in the alley in the final scene, who would you have preferred it to be? (And note, this is not a question of whether or not it SHOULD have been done, but an assumption that it Actually WAS going to happen"

My personal preference would have been for the cavalry to have been led by Faith, not Buffy, since, at the time, as far as we knew, Buffy had had no communication with Angel, and had no idea that Spike was back. Faith and Angel were friends, and Giles would have had no real reason to block communication between them, as he might, and probably did, with Buffy. Given that fact alone, Faith would have been more likely to have an idea what was going on in LA, and been more inclined to help out.

Another alternative, of course, would have been Connor and whatever benevolent demons that he and Lorne could have gathered up from around the area.

2. Athene

Athene Scooby

I'd have liked Faith and some of the new slayers to have come to save Angel and his crew, however it should be mentioned that they were sent by Giles and Buffy. That way we cut out all the shipping drama that would ensue with Spike, Angel and Buffy in the same place and we can get straight to the cuteness of Angel and Faith:)

Mylie likes this.
  3. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

Faith! She really represented the best thing about AtS's mission and I'd like to imagine a season 6 where she stays in L.A. after saving them all and realizing she might as well stay there if bailing them all out of impossible situations is now part of her slayer duties.

And Angel/Faith is the best thing that came out of AtS for me so why not end on that note?

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  4. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

Faith absent any other slayers. If they can't be bothered to protect human life from one of their own and rather let others risk their neck, I wouldn't want them anywhere near a demon army. Gwen would also be nice because I bet electric-girl would come in handy.

5. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Ironically, it was revealed in the "After The Fall" arc that there really were a team of Slayers (4, I think) assigned to LA, who got swept into hell along with the rest of the city (My guess would be that they were left there to keep an eye on Angel & Spike after Dana was picked up) Too bad they couldn't have shown up for the final smack down.

6. AnthonyCordova

AnthonyCordova Apocalypse Engine

Sineya
    I like the Faith idea. Possibly Willow too with her magics in full effect.

7. flow

flow Male Vampires are stupid. Throw rocks at them

I would have loved a come-together of all our heroes from BtVS and AtS.

Faith leads the US-based slayers. She has been training them for almost a year in Cleveland. Robin is fighting at her side (they don`t have to be together anymore, but they are still friends and he is still a demon fighter). Buffy flies over with the UK-based slayers. Willow teleportes from the coven with a couple of witches. Dawn, Andrew and Giles have accompanied Buffy and attend to the injured and wounded. Oz brings some of his werewolf friends (the get along great with Nina, who hasn`t used that ticket and is also there). And frome some helicopters Riley and Sam and his special-op guys jump into the battle. Connor comes along as well, of course. And Lorne regrets his words to Angel and comes running into the alley, just when the party begins. Xanders couldn`t get a plane from Africa in time but he joins the party via skype.

Have I forgotten anyone ?

flow