1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Beep.

Discussion in 'Check In' started by Erelion, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Erelion

Erelion Townie

No apocalypse, just me.
    Buffy's not my main fandom but I wanna have somewhere to pop in and yell about things when the mood strikes. :)
    Seen almost all of BTVS s2->7, not Angel, do not ever intend to read the comics where she lives in a castle and steal diamonds.
    My favourite characters are probably Buffy and Willow, Spike. I like Kennedy. Why did no one ever tell me Kennedy was funny? And, like, brave and stuff. That was a surprise.

Um... so... you should... ask me questions about Buffy. Yes. That is what you should do.

2. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    So you haven't seen Buffy season 1? Cause that's where the "beep me" line comes from. Lol. So what's your favorite episode so far? Do you intend on watching Angel? Not all Buffy fans like Angel and that's fine. I enjoy it, but I don't love it like I do Buffy. With the exception of the Faith episodes. She's great on Angel! Lol.

oh, because she's not. Lol. She's just annoying and pushy. Lol. I'm not a Kennedy fan. But there's a few people on here that do like her.

Oh and welcome to the Buffy Boards! Lol

ChaseRules: That how I feel :)
    DeadlyDuo and ChaseRules like this.
  3. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    So you like Buffy & Willow the most then as well as Spike o_O

How do you feel about Cordelia . I like her myself which is why I have her name & picture .
    I hated Kennedy for some time but then figured out that was because she replaced Tara & not because she was bad .
    Also what about S 1 :confused:

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  4. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Scooby

Sineya
    Hi! Welcome to the boards :) Please give Angel a try if you haven't already!

What are your favorite seasons or arcs? Your favorite relationships/dynamics? There's an ongoing debate about Willow/Kennedy and Kennedy in general actually. Many fans here violently dislike her and her relationship with Willow. Some fans defend her though. Glad to see another fan who likes an unpopular character. I'm pretty indifferent to her, but unpopular opinions are always welcomed ;)

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  5. ChaseRules

Sineya
    A lot of people dislike just Kennedy because she was a replacement for Tara I believe.

Anyanka Bunny Killer: That's basically MY reason. lol
  6. Erelion

Erelion Townie

Ooh. Well. Okay.
    I saw someone else quote it before and it popped into my head here.
    Um, er, the one with... the vampires... and... ok idk, haha. Probably not, just 'cause it's another 5 seasons and all. I would like to see Faith's arc though. Ah well, maybe one day.
    RONA: Like this'll do any good. I mean, what's the point?
    KENNEDY: It's this end right here. Just stick that in the bad guys. Any more questions?

lol ok

*tilts head the other way* Yeah? Is that unusual?
    Not, not strongly. She was fine, I think. I don't really remember.
    I got to the end of season 7 and thought oh no, it's done and then thought I could go back to the start which I hadn't seen and then it would be really over but I... haven't. No big reason, just, not.

I love the ideas of season 7 but the execution is so... just rushed, I think is the main thing. See: the one scene with the Guardians. One. For arcs I think Willow's magic (and confidence, and morality, and) is my favourite.
    I like most of the relationships. I like Tara's friendship with Buffy, and Anya, when that happens. Buffy and Angel kinda bored me, I think? It's sort of These Two Are In Love, because... they're a slayer and a vampire and that's cool, I guess? I do like Willow/Tara (and /Oz, even), just also her with Kennedy. Spike/Buffy. Oh, Buffy and Dawn's relationship, of course. I like Dawn in general.
    :D

She's a one season (13 episodes! And not a lot in many of those!) love interest to a character whose three-season love interest died tragically, and a confident queer woman of colour. And one of a bunch of new characters introduced in the final season of a show that's... well, packed. There's a lot of uphill slope there.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  7. ChaseRules

Sineya
    I glad you like Dawn & Buffy/Spike. They were more fun to watch then Buffy/Angel I think so .
    You don't remember Queen Chase :eek: Just kidding .
    Willow & Tara were a great couple. I totally shipped them which is why I hated Kennedy .

I think the main reason for me was the Kennedy / Willow paring seemed rushed. What do you think o_O

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  8. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    it was rushed. Because Kennedy was pushy. I just don't think Willow needed a love interest in the final season. Judy like I don't like Xander and Anya getting back together. People can be single.

9. ChaseRules

Sineya
    That one reason why I didn't like Kennedy . I can understand Xander and Anya getting back together but they in a major fight & Willow starts dating again :eek:
    And to someone she just met . There a world of weirdness there .

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  10. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

Hi, welcome to the boards. I agree Buffy and Spike is far more interesting than Buffy/Angel (yawn). Love Dawn, and I'm one of the few who like Kennedy, probably more than I like Tara. Do you prefer the later seasons to the earlier ones?

I would also recommend the comics, honestly they aren't as bad as you think they are :) The current season is actually fantastic, one of the best yet.

You say Buffy isn't your main fandom, so what is? What other shows do you like?

ChaseRules: More than Tara ? *Gasp *
  11. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Welcome to the boards!

It's always nice to see a difference of opinion. Not many people are fond of Kennedy here, but don't let that put you off voicing your thoughts. :)

12. ChaseRules

Sineya
    I for one would love to read why you like Kennedy . It make for a great discussion here on the Boards :D

13. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Welcome to the boards! :)

I hate Kennedy for various reasons especially the scene where she's a bully because she feels self-entitled just because she's dating Willow.

14. ChaseRules

Sineya
    How about the scene where she says she sick just so she could stay with Willow .

15. Erelion

Erelion Townie

To me Buffy/Angel and Willow/Kennedy are pretty similar. They're basically "you're pretty, I'm pretty, let's do sex and emotional support (while fighting evil)". But one is played as melodrama and ~true love~ while the other is just what it is.

People keep saying this and it keeps confusing me. Don't people go to bars to meet people they want to date? Don't we have an entire trope of "love at first sight"? Don't people have blind dates and speed dating and online dating and all these ways of meeting people and going straight into a romantic/sexual relationship, without some arbitrary "but first, you have to sit around for three weeks so you've Known Them Long Enough"?

Also I'm aro ace and the entire thing confuses me enough already, haha.

I think so?
    Doctor Who! Is my main fandom. I also like Animorphs, ASOIAF, Steven Universe, The Americans, various other things... but not all the time.

Priceless and ChaseRules like this.
  16. ChaseRules

Sineya
    The reason I say it seemed rushed is because it took a long time for Willow & Tara to start going out with each other even thought things were quite & with Kennedy they were on a war footing . That was why Kennedy & the other girls were there to began with so it seems unreal that Willow would start sleeping with Kennedy with everything that happing.

And I not even adding in the fact that Tara had died & Willow was still getting over it . That to easy to add in so I not.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  17. Geobubbles

Geobubbles Can I play with the puppy?

Black Thorn
    Doctor who!!!!
    images (16).jpg
    Who's your favourite doctor and companions? :)

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  18. Erelion

Erelion Townie

You just did. :p

Willow and Tara didn't exactly 'get' together, they just sort of merged, heh.
    But I thought that was a thing. That when people feel in danger they don't wait around to start relationships, they jump straight in. Now or never maybe, life is short, etc. Willow and Tara had time; Willow and Kennedy spend their entire on-screen relationship in the awareness that there's a good chance they're going to die soon. Little bit of time pressure there.

Dr River Song. :D
    Martha, Clara, Amy, eagerly anticipating Bill. I also like Ace, Barbara, Romana, though at least as much from reputation; I haven't seen that much Classic.

ChaseRules: True . But Kennedy seemed to push too much to me with what she did .
  19. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Willow and Tara really bonded for the first time in "Hush" where they had to combine strengths to block a door with a vending machine.

20. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Agreed . That showed that they were good together . Working as a couple they did that. :D