1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Best Episode???

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by Ripper666, Oct 18, 2011.

1. SMG14Fan

SMG14Fan Chosen

School Hard is my favorite season 2 ep. I love evil Spike.

2. Joan the Vampire Slayer

Joan the Vampire Slayer Carpe Spuffy!

Passion, for sure. Really terrific episode.

3. KendraTheSlayer

KendraTheSlayer Dats Me Favorite Shirt

My favorite is "Whats My Line? Part 2". I love the dynamic between Buffy and Kendra together. Buffy and Kendra were hilarious together and to see the difference between the way they were both raised differently as slayers is interesting. To see Buffy as being into Angel and wanting a normal life and then Kendra being kind of sheltered and a trained slayer to kill pretty much is as touching in certain ways as its funny in the way they differ.

black cat likes this.
  4. Veyron

Veyron Scooby

Black Thorn
    I Only Have Eyes For You is in my humble opinion one the best Buffy episodes.

But my favourite is Normal Again.

5. bentjazz

bentjazz Townie

I've watched BtVS 5 times all the way through, and still I cannot say which episode is my all-time favorite. There are so many great episodes....

6. AnthonyCordova

AnthonyCordova Apocalypse Engine

Sineya
    I just finished watching season 2 for the first time tonight. I'm looking forward to the next 5 seasons! (I had never seen the show until about a month ago). I liked nearly every episode of season 2, but...I would say my favorite episode of the 2nd season is Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered. Not just because it was the funniest episode, but because it was a nice break from the Buffy/Angel romance, and the seriousness in general. But please understand, I actually like Buffy and Angel and the Angel arc too. Honestly though, I liked nearly every episode of season 2 a lot.

7. fitz1980

fitz1980 Townie

I've got to go with Hush as my favorite Buffy. Ever since I watched it I can't shake the feeling that if I look out the window at night one of the gentlemen will be looking back with that creepyfying smile.

For Angel I say Darla. I do have a crush on Julie Benz and love how much her character's past is explored. My favorite part is when Lindsey comes in, sees she slit her wrists and says "did something happen?" Her response "oh yes, so many things; which one were you referring to?" in that sultry voice of hers just causes my heart to melt.

8. buffy1987

buffy1987 Townie

Becoming Part II. Love Spike teaming up with Buffy and the whole sword fight.
    and i also like 'surprise' cause I'm a huge Bangel fan and I love the romance and heartbreak in this episode.

9. buffyfirstlove

buffyfirstlove Townie

Hush was probably the best episode of Buffy, if not of anything ever.

10. dtrain24

dtrain24 Potential

So many great episodes.....I'm gonna cheat a bit. Becoming 1&2 were amazing, but I also loved Passion and School Hard.

Season 2 was definitely my favorite season.

11. buffyfirstlove

buffyfirstlove Townie

Favorite episode of series 2 though...Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered....and Killed by Death, Der Kinderstod is probably my favorite one of demon....he was so effing creepy.

12. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I think contenders for best episode, (And I can only narrow it down to a couple a season) tend to be ones that I can watch again and again are:

Bewitched , Bothered And Bewildered. Passion: I can't really separate this couple in S2, comedy gold, and real tragedy.

The Wish: Everyone gets to play a different version of themselves and do it brilliantly. VampWillow gets a lot of the attention but SlayerBuffy and desperate Giles are the favourites of mine here.
    Plus Doppelgangerland- a Willow centric episode and the sequel.

Hush: Can't really add anything to what's been said.
    Who Are You:Bodyswap, Faith-centric ep. SMG and ED are great at playing each other. Plus its actually really funny. ('Bondage fun!' What's a stevadore?' and so forth.)

The Body: One of the few truly accurate depictions of grief I've seen on a television show. :(
    The Gift: Also incredibly moving...

Life Serial/Tabula Rasa: I like the comedy episodes in S6, and their few and far between, but these are good. I also consider the final three to be quite strong.

Conversations With Dead People: Creepy, shocking ep that stays with you.
    End Of Days/Chosen: Not perfect, but it has so many great scenes with the characters I love. Xander/Dawn, Buffy/Faith, Angel comes back, Caleb gets killed (hate that guy!), Buffy cheers the hel up and becomes recognisable again.

Out of all those...I'd take Hush/Who Are You to be the best of the series- can't pick between them. :)

13. Silverspike

Silverspike Scooby

There's too many I like to centre on just one, but I suppose my little top 5 hit list would be...

'Fool for Love': Great back story, wonderful production values (especially for the New york underground and Boxer rebellion scenes) and beautifully acted by all.

'Passion' just so cleverly written, especially the 'flipped' dialogue in the last scene between possessed Angel/Buffy.

'Hush' a very effective and atmospheric modern fairytale.

'The Gift' Full of emotion and a superb ending for that season.

'Becoming part 2' Full of emotion/character lead drama. What imo BTVS does best. :)

14. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Just noting that this is a thread about best episode in season two...

:)

15. thetopher

Sineya
    Oh, monkey poop. :eek:

Sorry, sorry. Didn't read the thread properly!

Probably 'Passion'...plus the last ten minutes of 'Becoming'. :)

16. Living Dead Boy

Living Dead Boy Joss is Boss

Black Thorn
    Honestly? Innocence. It's beyond iconic. It's what turned Buffy into the amazing show that it became. Buffy experienced her first true heartbreak, and how did she respond? With a rocket launcher and a swift kick to the family jewels. Doesn't get much better than that, folks. :)

17. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    I Only Have Eyes for You 2X19

The most haunting (literally) episode of Season 2 with the message that the ghost of a killer preferred to inhabit Buffy rather than Angel because she could not forgive him. The music and the events gave it a stalker vibe.

My second choice from season 2 would be: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered 2X16

A cautionary tale about dabbling in magic that should have been a warning to Willow in later years.

18. thetopher

Sineya
    I always thought that James the ghost inhabited Buffy because, like him, Buffy couldn't forgive herself for what she did. The fact that she 'killed Angel' by accident, just like James did.
    James was caught up in a endless cycle of guilt/rage/violence that only the dead teacher could stop, by talking to him and then forgiving him.

Anyway, good choice, it mostly gets forgotten about in the excellence that is the Angelus arc of late S2, but its almost certainly the best 'haunting' episode that Buffy's even done. :)

19. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

B&B,B&B is a really entertaing episode with a great story, and it not only shows how hurt Xander is to lose Cordilla, but also that he is still developing into an adult, and very much still prone to mistakes.

But it is Passion hands down for me, with I Only Have Eyes For You a bit of an unsung gem too. But I would actually have Ted as my second favorite. It expands nicely on some of the themes about dark secrets being concealed within things which on the selface just a bit too perfect. It is a very dark episode, but also a very honest and human one. It also shows what a balancing act Buffy has to go through in terms of both protecting her mother while also protecting her secret. And the twist in the middle of the episode is stunning too. Plus John Ritter gives one of the best guest starring appearances on the show ever.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  20. nancylives

nancylives Townie

there's so many great episodes in season 2, my favorite season by a stake point over seasons 5 and 6, but my favorite--and possibly my favorite episode of the entire show--is i only have eyes for you. buffy and angel's love is so strong, so the circumstances that exist between them by this point in the season are just heartbreakingly sad. for them to be possessed by ghosts, and especially with the gender switch, that plays perfectly into where buffy annd angel are with each other relative to the two ghosts, is just utterly brilliant writing, directing, and acting. it's really mind-blowing.