1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Best Episode???

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by Ripper666, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    I love I Only Have Eyes for You also, and Passion and Becoming are very good eps.

Mr Trick likes this.
  2. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

This is a tough one. Season 2 & 3 are my favorite 2 seasons on Buffy. Off the top of my head, I'd say Becoming pt 2 or if we can pick both a s whole, Id say that.

3. Jules

Jules Bite Me

Black Thorn
    On my rewatch Surprise is still my favourite episode because I'm a Bangel.

Season 2 is one of my favourite seasons though and it has loads of amazing episode s. I think Becoming part 1&2 is amazing. The death of a slayer, Giles being tortured by Angelus, Buffy sending Angel to he'll, it has everything.

Plus Passions is such a powerful episode as well.

It's a close call to pick a favourite.

Mr Trick likes this.
  4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Can never decide if Surprise or Innoence is better. Think I like them for different reasons. I guess Innoence has the big emotionally pay off, where as Surprise is doing a lot of the build up work. Certainly Surprise is the best Buffy birthday episode I'd say.

From the middle onwards there is so much good stuff in season two. And the finale has to be the best of any season.

Passion is one of the best episodes ever, it maybe one of the best episodes of television full stop.

Fuffy Baith and Jules like this.
  5. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    S2 might be my second favorite season, it's a mixed bag, but there are great episodes in there. I'd say Halloween is the one I rewatch the most, but I just love Passion!
    I agree!

6. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    I have to give my vote to school hard. From the moment Spike and Dru arrive the season and the series take a turn for the better.

7. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Hmm, probably Halloween. There's some beautiful shots and added bonus of commando Xander.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  8. Priceless

Priceless She doesn't just fight evil, she redeems it

Becoming Pt 2; the ending is lovely and sad, but there are some cracking episodes in season 2; Passion, Halloween, Lie to Me

9. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

There were so many good episodes.

I'm going to say School Hard because of the arrival of Spike and Dru. I think one of my favourite moments though is in What's my line part 1 just before the opening credits where Spike picks up Dru and spins around with her and says "I'll dance with you, pet....on the slayer's grave."

10. black cat

black cat " The earth is definitely doomed".

Sineya
    I really love " When She Was Bad " : we can see, in my opinion, how being the Slayer, for Buffy, can be very traumatising and how much she can be fragile and very human with the tendency to isoleted herself and the difficult to be understand by " normal people".... These are recurring " leit motiv" and, in my opinion, lays the foundation for season five and seven.... :rolleyes:

And, also, love " The Dark Age" : we see that Giles is not so " perfect" and " immaculate" as we are conviced.... The Watcher was almost creepy :eek: And, first of all, Ethan ( a sort of mix of crazy Faith and Super-crazy Angelus and the insolence of Spike) that give a sparkling touch revealing himself insidious as a demon or worst.... :D

Mr Trick likes this.
  11. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

The Dark Age is really a sleeper episode for me. It tends to divide people though. Think some find it too gimmicky which I can see. But you are right its an important one in exploring Gile's past. Think it does lot of for Jenny's charcter too.

12. black cat

black cat " The earth is definitely doomed".

Sineya
    Yes, of course! Giles, not wanting, with his shady past, hurts deeply inside the poor Jenny ( asking herself who the hell is really " the good and reliable and clunky Giles?".... Something as Buffy in " Helpless") :(

13. Samuel Reyes

Samuel Reyes Chilling in SunnyD

Innocence, of course! It's the episode where Buffy says bye-bye to childhood forever. David Boreanaz is in peak form as Angelus. There's also Willow discovering Xandelia but then finding new hope with Oz (and his great speech in the van), the gruesome death of Uncle Enyos, Giles discovering Jenny had been keeping a secret from him, the scene in the darkened hallway in the school, the heartbreaking scene where Buffy finds out her night with Angel meant nothing to 'him'... so many great moments.

Also:

Oh, and the ending: "I think I'll just let it burn." :( This is the episode that defines what it's like to grow up IMO. Plus it's Joss's personal favorite.

DeadlyDuo: Got to laugh at the looks on Drusilla's and Angelus' faces when they see the rocket launcher.
    DeadlyDuo, Mr Trick and Fuffy Baith like this.