1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Best way to read comics

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by Slayrunt, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Slayrunt

Slayrunt Oh ho! Aren’t you Mr. Dicey Semantics?

Omg! I mean maybe one day when I'm rich ha
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---
    From amazon? Awesome that's nice and easy to purchase from.

2. The Ferg

The Ferg Mine is an evil laugh!

I totally disagree with The Bronze. Both are fantastic!! As much as I deeply adore some of the post-BS7/AS5 comics, 'Tales' is a must-read! They're just really solid and fun little stories about Slayers and Vampires (as the name might suggest). Some are extremely scary, some expand the canon, and some are just plain silly. I highly recommend this book.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2017 ---
    Hi! I know I'm super late, but welcome to the confusing world of Buffyverse comics! I have a tendency to ramble for paragraphs on end, but it looks like you've already got quite a few good responses (like a month ago), so here's my quick answers.
    Question 1: In my opinion start with the 'Tales' library edition, Buffy: Season 8 Library Edition Vol. 1, or Angel: After The Fall Vol. 1. I'm not sure if you've already started, or how far you are as of today, but those would be my pics for "where to start."
    Question 2: Feel free to buy them digitally, but DO NOT read them on your phone. The cover and interior art is beautiful and it would be a waste to look at them on a tiny screen.

If you happen to fall in love with Buffy in comic-form, there are plenty of stories to dive into. I started reading the comics around 2007, and I'm still finding comics today that I never bothered to read beforehand. The only other books I think you should keep an eye on are the Buffy: The High School Years series of graphic novels. They're monster-of-the-week type stories set in Season 1. Two volumes have came out already, and the third is on it's way. It's a really nice change of pace from the main series.
    And if you're a big Whedon fan, in general, he wrote a modern classic run on Astonishing X-Men that is fantastic, and there are some amazing Serenity comics too (including stories that take place after the movie!).
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2017 ---
    EDIT: ....I meant to include Fray in the list of good comics to start with... My bad.

The Bronze: I have that book. I did say they were fun :-)
  3. Slayrunt

hey! all good, i appreciate the input! i actually just purchased the season 8 library edition so i guess ill start with that. id love to keep you posted about it all so ill have someone to talk to about it lol. apparetly season 8 is a bit confusing or something so im sure ill have many questions for you lol.

4. The Ferg

The Ferg Mine is an evil laugh!

Ooo yes please! I'm a complete addict, and nothing is more fun than hearing someone else's opinions on the comics. Obviously the show is amazing, but for me it was the comics that made the Buffyverse into an expansive fiction worthy of a disgustingly huge amount of my time and money (...and sanity).

5. Slayrunt

haha. i love the series too, clearly. but knowing i can continue the story is so amazing i mean how many tv shows do that. some people dont like the comics but like i said knowing the story can continue is so exciting for me. and i do think i will like them. i think th comics will open a lot of doors to what kind of stories can be explored. their comics no budgets on expensive fake monsters lol.