1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Book Club: Wisdom of War

Discussion in 'Buffy-Boards News' started by Buffy Summers, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Pursuant to discussion in this thread: Buffy Book Club? we are going to be having a book club and will be starting with "Wisdom of War" by Christopher Golden:

DARKNESS AND LIGHT The Creature from the Black Lagoon's less attractive cousin has hit the Sunnydale scene, and Buffy and Co. are all over the new threat. So the Scoobs are stunned, naturally, when members of the Watcher's Council arrive, explaining -- or rather, insisting -- that they've got the matter "under control." Enter Faith. The Council has found a way to spring the rogue-but-repentant Slayer from jail to combat the water beast, and she is enjoying her stint as "the Good One." Buffy, a self-declared independent operator for quite some time, thinks she is going to have to do a little digging. What connection could the Council have to these horrific creatures? There's some soul-searching in store for the Slayer. Even if Buffy is ready to align with the Council, is this a battle worth fighting?

Probably will start putting up threads next week (unless anyone objects) and the plan was to put up threads in 2 chapter increments so people could discuss at their own pace.

All are welcome to participate! (This is the first Buffy novel I've read, so please don't worry if you haven't read other books!)

:)

Mr. Pole: "Pursuant to" wow!!
    Hunga Munga likes this.
  2. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Ordered this last night!

I think I'd do better with a book club than rereading the comics. My comics aren't very portable...

3. Lyri

Lyri Buckle Up Tight

Sineya
    I think I have this somewhere, lol. I'll dig it out and hopefully be able to start this weekend.

4. Buffy Summers

Sineya
  5. OccaQuokka

OccaQuokka My arse is not pansy!

Sineya
    I am pretty sure I have this too - great timing! I hope my eyes behave enough to read a bit and join in. Thanks!

Buffy Summers likes this.
  6. Buffy Summers

Sineya
    We will be finishing up Wisdom of War this week (though everyone is free to read any discuss it at any time). As of Sunday I will be archiving the discussion threads to make room for the next book.