1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Didn't Actually Kill Angel, Did She?

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by Aud, Jan 17, 2015.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Oops.

I guess you wouldn't want to hear about the difference between "would (have) died," and actually dying, then, huh?

2. janas

janas Bangel in the soul

Once again
    Buffy and Lily managed to run away before it happened, otherwise they would died a few hours later, just as happened to Ricky.
    however, beyond the semantics, re-read what I wrote in the first post :)

3. Aud

Aud Scooby

Thanks for all your responses. This has been really interesting so far, and I hope we're able to squeeze some more discussion out of this topic.

On a related note, does anyone know if JW or any of the writers or anyone else involved with the show has ever acknowledged this "technicality" in Angel's "death"? That Buffy didn't technically kill him, but merely sent him to a hell dimension (for discussion's sake, I say: going to a hell dimension ≠ dying)?

white avenger: I agree.
    bespangeled likes this.
  4. Ann

Ann Nee chatwuann Bangelite

It was metaphoric killing and sending Angel there to suffer with a soul was much the same thing. She betrayed Angel and it showed on his face as he disappeared into Acathla. Part of why he acted the way he did in Beauty and the beast was because of that; although Angel understood later he understood why she had to do it.

5. Jules

Jules Bite Me

Black Thorn
    Did it seem to anyone else that when Angelus was kneeling in front of Buffy before he was cured that she was going to behead him? Therefore turning him to dust and then being unable to close Acathla. He certainly would have been killed then.

Like others have said he was sent to a hell dimension, in essence she has killed him.

6. bespangeled

bespangeled Scooby

Black Thorn
    He told Connor that it was a century

It kinda depends on her background. I remember being mystified by the idea of heaven and hell. It just seemed to be rigged - if you're doing good for a reward, then are you really doing good? If you're the victim of evil, does eventual punishment matter?