1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy Season 5 Watch-through With My Niece

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by thetopher, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    That's true. I am glad that he sticks around for FFL. But then the other episode I think he should have left in was Crush. He could have ran off with Dru for a while. Maybe get the chip out and become a good villain again.

Oh really? I thought Giles said he's barely 100. Maybe that's my own head cannon. I do think that he being turned in 1880 is a bit late. Cause he only gets to spend about 18 years with Angelus and Darla before Angel gets his soul back. But when they talk about that time together they make it seem like it as a lot longer. 20 years in vampire time is not very long. So I think he should have been turned in 1840ish. But I think it fits Spike's character that he is this poetry nerd who's a romantic but a bit of a failure as a man.

Slayerofslayers likes this.
  2. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Really? That was one of the hightlights of the episode for me. When they dip into Anya's past and use it for that reflective/post modern humour its when her character is at her best maybe. Its why I think this maybe Anya's best season overall because you get that reference to her past. Xander mocking Dracula was good too:p

Otherwise this episode was very avenge to me. It served its purpose in setting up Buffy's big theme for the season. However, Dracula was weak and as the episode moved along I just found his story too cheap.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2016 ---
    Yeah first couple of episodes Riley isn't too bad, will give him that. Doesn't last of course;)

MT does an awesome job in this episode, with a voice over mostly. That can be such a hard thing to pull off without it sounding clunky or unengaging and she nails it. This is the perfect introduction to Dawn.:)

Lots of good Buffy-Giles stuff here and during the season. After an inconsistent season 4 I feel this was a good progression for Giles, and buying the Magic Box was an important step in that.

This episode along side the Angel episode Disharmony might be the highlights of Harmony's run in the Buffyverse. Her and Buffy play off each other very well:D

Forgot about this. I know it comes up again later in Family, but I don't actually remember there being much tension between Willow and Tara at this point.

Great reviews. This should have been the season opener I think.
    Not much more to say on this one. An effective comedy episode which did progress Xander's character as well as progress Anya's relationship with him. Of course the Zeppo was a more effective Xander-cetric episode, but then each one bought out a different aspect of the character so they work fine as companion pieces.
    Need to rewatch this because I don't remember anything about Buffy and Willow mentioning classes in this season?:confused:

To be honest I had my fill of the Inlitive from the 4th season so wasn't really that interested in Graham and co. returning.

Need to refresh my memory. I did enjoy Spike and Harmony as a pairing again though and felt that him trying to get the chip out was the highlight of the episode. Still you make a very good point about it feeling like a rehashed plot at this point.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  3. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I get why my niece doesn't like Anya doing this because its inconsistent with her moral journey. Here she is, a mortal human with a soul, thinking back happily to all those times she did something nasty to some- mostly blameless- man-victim.
    It was fine in S3 'The Prom' to an extent because she was adjusting, but a year or two hanging around actual people she should stop with the 'ah, I miss being cruel/evil', she ain't Spike, she supposedly has a soul.

The bad stuff kinda plots out the good stuff here, but the episode starts off really well and has some nice Scoobie moments.

Thanks.
    Even the Spike/Harmony stuff here seems a bit old hat compared to 'Harsh Light Of Day' but the performances are solid enough.

Mr Trick likes this.
  4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Yeah a packed episode and one which I do need to watch again, but I do agree that Glory's debut is excellent! I like the character personally, but even her strongest critics would struggle to denay her here right?...:eek:

This is the first episode where Dawn started getting annoying I do remember now. One thing, do you think they could have left the reveal of her being the key for a few more episodes? I guess I can see why it happened this soon, as then you get to see the tension of Buffy and Giles around Dawn and the others because of this knowledge.

thetopher likes this.
  5. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    I don't think it's a good idea. Seems to me that letting a mystery drag for very long is a very un-BtVS thing to do.

Fuffy Baith: lol. Ben IS Glory!
  6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I think one of the skills of this episode is that Joss's script balances so many smaller plots along side Tara's and for the most part does it succesfully. When you're building a season long arc like the Glory one then its important that you at least mention it even in an episode when it doesn't take central stage. So effectively Joss keeps the wheels in motion for that story, while centeralling focusing on a very different one. I love Spike's part in that scene:p

Was having a discussion the other day with someone over whether the level of investment in the Tara character makes a difference to be sold on this episode. I don't think it does. You would have to be pretty stone hearted not to be moved by the closer five minutes of this episode. First the Scoobies standing up for Tara, and then that lovely dance with Willow at the end, and what Willow says to her. I was a blubbering mess:( Of course I think because I wasn't a big Tara fan in season 4, that this episode proved a turning point for me.

Yes, maybe they could have had a bit more of a build up to Riley going there, also his dialogue to Sandy felt very un-Riley like. The other flaw in the episode IMO was Amy Adams though. I love her now, but back then she was clearly still a bit green, and maybe the character was poorly written too.

This is one of those sleeper episodes which gets better with each viewing for me.

thetopher likes this.
  7. Fuffy Baith

Sineya
    Yea I agree with this. I have no problem if Anya wants to remember her past vengeance demon days, if she would have acknowledge that it was wrong, and maybe show some guilt. But she never does.

Yea I thought they maybe could have kept the reveal longer, instead of Ben is Glory. Maybe tried a bit harder to keep it from Dawn. But it works out fine.

vellavu: Ahhhh not the B-word again. I bet there will again be "Ben is Glory?" OCD patients commenting. Including me of course. :D
    thetopher likes this.
  8. thetopher

Sineya
    Ben is Glory? :eek:
    (Why don't I remember that?)

...for @vellavu's benefit. :p

Dagenspear and vellavu like this.
  9. thetopher

Sineya
    Shadow
    So this was a funny one. Not funny ha-ha (this particular trio of episodes is almost relentlessly depressing) but perculiar, mostly because of contrasts. Serious real-world no metaphor badness crossed with a plot about a CGI/rubber snake monster hunting down Dawn.
    I have to say that I found the Joyce-is-really-sick plot by far the more compelling; it was well-acted, realistic and utterly hearbreaking to sit through. I've been there, waiting for endless hours in hospitals with no answers, and then hit by a mass of bad news and how it can make you feel utterly helpless. So it made total sense to me that Buffy would firstly try and fix something with magic, and then when that failed that she would then find something that she could fight and attack recklessly. The two plots dovetailed nicely in that sense.
    The second plot wasn't bad exactly- some of it was blessed light relief- but I do question the wisdow of the Big expensive CGI snake monster which, when it came down to it, couldn't really fill in for a guy in a rubber suit. The chase in Giles car was fun as was Buffy's rematch with Glory (although I did find her kind of annoyingly shrill this episode) but that last panning shot of Buffy beating on a rubber puppet was as camp as anything Season 1 ever produced, so the Sobek monster seemed like a waste.

My niece was less thrilled with the Joyce illness plot- very upsetting/sad - and welcomed some of the lighter moments. Glory simply buying the components for her evil scheme, Anya's reaction when she finds out, the Scoobies desperately trying to cover it up from Buffy.
    What she really was puzzled by was what was going onnwith Riley...and I do see her point.
    I've clearly remembered some of this wrong since Buffy relies on Riley more than any of her friends. She hugs him, sheds tears, asks for his help with Dawn- I'm not sure what he actually wants exactly, her to completely break down in his arms? *sigh* more on this next episode.

Anyway, my niece didn't 'enjoy' a lot of this episode, but she thought it was all good. She keeps on saying 'they better not kill off Joyce!' a lot. She's also caught up in the mystery of who Glory is, somebody with minions and lots of power but also something 'new' (or really old). Her current theory is that Glory is a woman possesed by some evil entity that grants her special abilities. Hmn.

What she Liked/Disliked

Lots of this-:(: Buffy and Dawn at the hospital. Joyce telling Buffy that she has a shadow. Buffy's reactions. The doctor telling Buffy that the shadow is a brain tumour.
    Loved: Ben stepping in to stop the doctor overwhelming Buffy with pointless questions. She was like 'Go Ben.' (I was like 'Go Ben, go. now.)
    Liked: Dreg the minion. His initial impression was to make my nioece giggle a lot. Although he was 'yick'.

EwEwEw: Spike snifffing Buffy's stuff and then stealing her underwear. It's worth noting that Spike spent some of last night comforting Buffy, then went back to his crypt, then came back with a blanket to sneak around and steal stuff. Gross on a premeditated level.
    Liked: Spike's lame excuse for sweater sniffing- the 'bitter and agrivating' slayer smell. Ha!
    Liked: Spike's bitch moment at Riley that struck a nerve. Also 'piercing glance' made her laugh.

Liked: Giles little article in the phone book and Tara saying that's its great but hard to say.
    Liked: 'Captain America blowed it up real good!' :)
    Intrigued: By all the talk about Glory and Sobekites
    Liked: Giles dealing with customers requests. Weeping Budha and 'Alistair Crowley Sings' :D
    Liked: Xander's reaction to 'no more research'.
    Loved: Glory buying her ingredients form the Magic Box. Made perfect sense to my niece, although she did wonder how come Glory is so rich.
    Liked: Anya's shrill 'HEY's!' and Giles 'Let me answer that question with a firing.'
    Liked: Dawn and Riley's scene at the merry-go-round, talking about the past, Angel and Riley. Shame that Riley only listens to the parts he can take the wrong way...
    Liked: The gang gently breaking it to Buffy that there are no mystical healing spells or potions.
    Loved: Buffy's shock at realising that Glory had been there at the shop, asking if anybody got hurt, and Giles confessing that he sold Glory some dangerous artefacts. But that he might've overcharged her. :D
    Liked: Glory effortlessly defeating Buffy again.
    Weird: my niece thought the snake demon thing looked kinda cute in close-up, especially when Glory told it go fetch The Key.
    Awesome: Giles' car and Buffy giving chase to the snake-thing through Sunnydale.
    Funny: Buffy puching a rubber snake. Like 'Reptile Boy' all over again.

Loved: Buffy's confession to Riley that there's no fighting damage but lots of 'the other kind' of damage. My niece wanted to reach in and hug her. *sniff*
    Liked: Buffy looks really good throughout all this episode. Okay, that last one is mostly me but it's worth noticing. :)

Moment of silence; that was the last snake-demon we will see on Buffy. They've seen us through those high school years and now its the end of an era. Aw..

Next time (when I get a minute) Buffy goes all X-Files-y and then Riley has a suck-tacluar suprise for Buffy...and also a holiday for one to South America if that doesn't pan out.

MarlieTheSlayer and vellavu like this.
  10. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    To me this episode is the first serious try of whitewashing Anya. But it's a shame that it made Giles' stupid (or ignorant) to do so.

No, there's another in S7. It's named as a "giant worm", but everyone can see it's the snake loving writers' lame excuse.:D

thetopher likes this.
  11. thetopher

Sineya
    Actually that was a phallic monster. The snake monster of early years sort-of morphs into the phallic monser in the adult years, indicating the death of metaphor in the show to an extent.
    So we have S6 'wig lady' from the Doublemeat Phallus, the pokey-monster that 'stabbed' Buffy and made her crazy, and the giant burrowing willy of S7- made worse because that was created by a curse put upon a man by a woman who had been jilted by another man! :)

vellavu likes this.
  12. bespangeled

bespangeled Scooby

Black Thorn
    I see Riley as being kinda dumb here, and not the Scoobies. I mean, why would vamps run away from a buffet? The scoobies have patrolled plenty of times and they know what they are doing. Riley acting all military is laughable, and the fact that he seems to think that making his presence known will chase away vampires is a pretty good indication of his unhealthy ego.

Angelus was pure Spike in his meeting, IMO. He mocked the master, sat in his chair, laughed at where they laired, and got up laughing with every punch.

It's as long as a lot of kids stay with their parents - and Angelus is sort of a parent figure (as well as brother, lover, etc.) I think the intensity made up for short time, though I agree 1840 would have been better. In fact, I like 200 hundred years and Angelus as Spike's sire,too. There was the submarine, and for all we know other meetings where Spike still seemed unable to smell that soul.

Oh boy - better lay in a large supply of tissues!

13. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

There's really no good way for Riley to take it. Riley knows Buffy doesn't really love him and they aren't going to work in the long run. He just hopes he's wrong. Have a very great day! God bless you and everyone!

14. thetopher

Sineya
    Listening To Fear
    Wow. This was a grim and unfun 45 minutes. There were a couple of bright spots but overall I understand why I skip this. Not bad- in fact its atmospheric and quite creepy at times- but its unrelenting in its gut-punching misery. The comedy elements are also weak (apart from the joy of tiny Jewish Santa!)
    I didn't really like the look of the MotW but I found other things about it- the way it kills- were really unsettling. It's origin and the fact that it had to be summoned were interesting enough but all-in-all the plot was wafer thin. Meatoer crashes, Scoobies investigate crime-scene/body, Riley calls in the Initiative and hunts it down whilst the Scoobies are busily researching.
    (Plus, why the hell does it kill crazy people? What's that about? I could maybe understand draining the lifeforce from children (KBD) or whatever but puking on people? Yuck. Demons = generally bad is basically my conclusion. And it only took me five years!)

The best parts here for me were all the Buffy, Dawn, Joyce parts, every scene with them in was so very intense and excellent; the three of them in hospital together, Joyce's outbursts, Buffy being so careful and taking on responsibilities to help her Mom cope, Dawn freaking out about the crazy outbursts and wondering what's wrong with her (I guess she's just a really sensitive kid to jump to that conclusion but whatever). And finally Joyce's last conversation to Buffy before she goes in for her operation. :(

The worst part? Probably Riley. Riley not showing up for patrol and putting others in danger so he get his 'suck' on (now complete with creepy flophouse- which seemed like a BIG escalation to me from last episode),. Calling in the Initiative- even though it was the right call in hindsight- seemed a needless way to distance Riley from the Scoobies. Maybe it showed that his mindset was never really comfortable with the whole 'we sit around with books' aspect of the monster hunting process. Anyway I was cold towards him this episode.

My niece actually really enjoyed this, it was intense, dark and dramatic and she was really rooting for Buffy and Dawn here- seeing them both try and cope and look after their Mom was a nice bonding experience. Which is one positive I guess.
    She was also realy into the MotW. the whole 'meteor crash' was a novelty for her, so she enjoyed that- although she briefly DID think that they were dealing with an alien.:eek:
    She was less keen on the monster's look and all the wheezy/squealing sounds it made, she was very glad when Buffy stabbed it to death and she really didn't think that it warrented the Initiative invading Buffy's house in full force. She thought it was (actual quote) 'a horrilbe slug-leech-baby' of a demon that should've immediately been stomped to death.

The sitch on what she thought was good/meh:
    Liked: Dawn eating the jelly and asking about cows with no feet. Buffy's deadpan 'you're the one who insisted on teaching her to talk.'

Loved: The Scoobies fighting two tough-looking female vamps. Willow managing to dust both of them and her 'Yay on me!' excitement.
    Ew, what?: Riley get fed on by a vampire in a flophouse
    Loved: Willow buying gifts for the Summer's girls; the beerhat (?),the book of 'spells' for Dawn and a yo-yo for Buffy (aw, Buffy S2 nostalgia)

:(: All of Joyce's times where she had a headache, was in pain generally or said weird things.
    Uh-oh: Crazy person pointing at Dawn and being so crazy it upset her.

Liked: Willow and Tara under the stars pointing out the constellations. Although my niece thought Tara's made no sense either.
    Wow: Star falling out of the sky. That sort of thing happens in Smallville, not Sunnydale.
    LOL: The cheesy-ish Pov monster shot of it coming out of the meteor.
    Liked: Buffy being responsible and offering to take care of all the medical tasks so she could take her Mom home. Although she did ask 'who drove?'- since there was no taxi taken, Buffy can't drive and Joyce was too ill? Dawn at the wheel!!
    Loved: The whole Scoobie gang out in force to investigate the crash-site. Anya mentioning radiation and Riley/Xander's reactions.
    Eww: The dead body with its mouth full of slimy-badness.
    Liked: 'We can't call Buffy.' helplessly: 'I wanna call Buffy.'
    Disliked; Riley's first instinct is calling in the Initiative.

Loved: Buffy tenderly comforting Dawn after Joyce calls her a shadow.
    Loved: Giles: 'Because its a killer snot monster from outer space...I did not say that.'
    Liked: Xander finding the answer- the demon is summoned to 'quell the mad men'.

Ew: All the dead mental patients in the hospital
    Disliked: Riley keeping everyone out of the loop about the Initiative.
    :(: Buffy crying into her dishes.
    Argh: Joyce isn't ranting for no reason, the demon is above her!
    Liked: Dawn not panicking, saving her Mom and then running to safety and screaming for Buffy.
    Disliked: Spike is in basement in the middle of the night stealing her stuff? 'Wrong! and Eew.'
    Liked: Buffy stabbing the thing to death. My niece commented that Buffy did well considering that she didn't know waht the demon was, where is had come from, or why it was here. It was just 'random monster in the house!'
    Wtf: Ben summoned the demon? Ben knows Glory/minions? Ben and Glory have some kind of connection...
    Argh: The cutaway as Joyce was wheeled into surgury. I put on my sad 'I know what's coming now', face. :p It's a good thing we watched the next one right after!

Next Up: He's leavin' on a chopper. Don't know when he'll be back again...'

Fuffy Baith, sosa lola and vellavu like this.
  15. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    I like that. Just the same as my love of the Gentlemen who collect people's hearts just for no reason.:eek:

It's interesting that the scripts said that both Dawn and Buffy were eating the jelly. Maybe it's because Buffy's sitting at the other side of the best and her arms are not long enough.:D

I wonder why Anya didn't show up. It should be very Anya to have jealousy of Willow and Riley (their relationships with Xander) and watch them closely.:rolleyes:

I found that Xander is better at human and non-magic-related problems than the rest of the Scoobies. He's the one who helped solving the myths of the beer, Willow's wishes, the sex-inducing vines, and the lunch lady (OK, this one's accidentally done).

Fuffy Baith and thetopher like this.
  16. thetopher

Sineya
    True, The Qullor does have 'The Gentlemen' thing of doing weird, evil crap for no reason.
    The Gentlemen had more style though. :)

I think it was to make Dawn more 'kid-like' and Buffy look more mature. The script describes them all being in the same bed eating the jello together but instead Buffy is seen off to one side being more responsible daughter.

If I had to guess I would say playing with/guarding the money. :D

vellavu likes this.
  17. thetopher

Sineya
    Into The Woods
    So this was the second-part of our double-bill Buffy/Angel feature (which was weeks ago...) and is almost entirely character-based.
    It reminded me very much in tone to some of the later S6 episodes in that not much actually happens but there's lots of examples of people do stupid things that they will later come to regret. Although it does feel less contrived that those scenarios.
    Also Xander wags his finger at Buffy. :p
    But yeah, this was not an easy watch for me (it hurts when you know the trajectory of Buffy-relationships) because this is the last thing that Buffy needs; finding out that Riley is doing stupid things and then him putting the blame on her (a bit, although he does admit fault) and then issuing an ultimatum (the only thing he does that I really couldn't stand, everything else I could see both side). There was drama-heavy on the melo- and not many laughs to be had- but I do think that this arc showed that Riley never really fitted into Buffy's world and so he did do things that isolated himself from that world.
    I don't think he could adapt enough to it and so he fell back on what he knew. That's not bad exactly- its a very human fault- so maybe I sympathize with his mistakes a bit more (trolling for vamps aside).

My niece didn't like much of this at all. She didn't care for the plot- Spike smug revealing Riley's night-time doings- or the aftermath. Some bits of this actually made her really mad or puzzled the hell out of her. Riley's explanations for his vamp-dates didn't wash with her and mainly she was left feeling sorry for Buffy. There was a distinct lack of action, warmth or quips- although easily my niece's favourite scene was Buffy massacreing those vamps with ease.
    Not much more than that really, although she was sad that Buffy missed the helicopter and thought there would be more misery to follow.

Crucially though my niece did not ask whether Riley would ever return- like she did when Faith or Oz left- and I didn't offer the info either. I'm not sure she cares. :(

We did talk about the heart-to-heart scene between Xander and Buffy- since Xander is a character she still likes and sort-of saw part of his pov- since we both agreed that he was aware of Riley's feelings long before Buffy was. I let her do most of the talking and she did wonder if this was the plan all along- if Briley was built up to fail. It was interesting and one of the better post-episode talks we had.

What she loved and loathed:
    Liked: Willow asking Xander for the time on his watch and then looking at the wall-clock in frustration
    Loved: Joyce not being dead, everyone hugging each other- exceptXander and Giles who almost and then do the handshake thing.
    Liked: Buffy's super-strong hug.
    Liked: Dawn's 'fangs as chop-sticks' story. That must be from S3 I think. (Also Anya's reaction, saying that Dawn will become disturbed in later life)
    Liked: 'And after we teach her how to gamble maybe we can all get drunk.'
    Disliked: Anya's irrating insistence that they should watch the chimp movie. My niece is convinced that there are no good movies with monkeys in- ever since she saw 'Dunston Checks In.'
    Liked: Dawn declaring that she's only over at Xander's place so Buffy and Riley can boink. Xander deperately trying to cover.
    Loved: The Briley romance.
    Ick: Spike watching the house while their y'know, doing stuff.
    Loved: Buffy and her Mom playing with wigs.
    Loved: 'Spike. Every time you show up like this you risk ALL your parts- you know that?'
    Heehee: Spike omg face as Buffy gets changed.
    Hated: Just the whole 'flophouse discovery' thing. My niece was so horrified/sad/angry at it.
    Disliked: The Initiative offering Riley a job. 'Just get lost already, why are you even still here!'
    Liked: Giles being a purveyor of holiday marketting.
    Loved: The conversation about chicken feet, everyone poking fun at Anya. She didn't even mind Anya's prickly reply. Although this apparently did not mean that she wanted to see an episode about it...
    Liked: Willow's 'she bathes you?' and then Xander's 'clarification' Penthouse-y not old-man like. :)
    Liked: Buffy's cold fury towards the vamp's nest. Giles saying that she should concentrate on a less ambiguos kind of evil.
    Liked: I want to appologise for the use of the word 'crib'.
    Liked: Buffy burning the place down!
    Hated: Riley 'staking Spike', the stake not being real, then the both of them chatting about Buffy. Her least favourite scene of this and many other episodes.
    Disliked: iley's conversation with Buffy. She was very much on Buffy's side here and didn't like Riley's justifications. She hated a couple of parts of it.
    Loved: Buffy killing about 8 vamps or so with a staff-stake thing.
    Better: Xander and Buffy's conversation was a bit better for her, a bit more dramatic. Although she didn't agree with Xander his side of things made her think later on. So I guess that scene worked for her.
    Disliked: Buffy running for the helicopter and then not even making it in time.
    Liked: Xander telling Anya that he was in love with her.

Next time: Willow and Anya make a troll and have to undo it. Also Buffy cries a lot.

18. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    Does she think Spuffy would be a thing? Or Ben/Buffy, Xander/Buffy? I guess Ben's out since he's evil now, but I really thought Bander would develop when I was watching S5 for the first time. Too bad it didn't become true...

My theory is that people who give their blood to these vamps are also heavily on drugs. It made the vamps weak and deprived.

It's better if Marti Noxon herself plays a guest character and lecture it to Buffy. I just can't believe these words came from Xander's mouth.:rolleyes:

I guess I'm on the unpopular side that loves "Triangle" a lot. The humor was done very well to my taste so I can forget some of its jarrings.

19. thetopher

Sineya
    Not at the moment. This episode was one of the first times she disliked Spike and his actions- which surprised me.

She isn't sure about Ben at the moment, and she's never really been a Bander shipper- she likes them more as friends that appreciate each other I guess.

These vamps had no killer instinct any more. They got into the vamp-scuck trade because they were afraid of fighting and maybe were too weak to survive any other way.
    It makes sense to me that Buffy killed them all so easily.

To me Xander's speech grows on me because I look at it in context of before and after in the Season. Before he sees Riley's deterioration, so he's less thrown and more clear-sighted than Buffy.
    And then after Xander states quite a few times that it wasn't actually Buffy's fault. That's she's great and the right guy will find her. In 'Triangle' he chats to Anya about her and then later Buffy hugs puffy-Xander because he gives her comforting words (I think).
    I'm probably gonna doa thread about it- because its interesting and I want to canvas views. :)

I love 'Triangle' from the first time I saw it. It was exactly the antidote that I though tthe show needed after 3 grim episodes.
    My niece however...did not. Hate would be an apt word. And I do find that, like The Zeppo' its a love or hate episode.

vellavu likes this.
  20. Fuffy Baith

Sineya
    Probably the best description of the Quellor demon ever! lol.
    Did she really go "ew, what?" lol. That's funny.

Did Buffy ever have a yo-yo? I can't remember.

I imagine at this point Buffy has her drivers license. Maybe she got it over the summer? I think she just chooses not to drive. I like to imagine that Buffy just runs everywhere around town. lol.
    That is a sad moment.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2016 ---
    I do like AH's delivery of that line. It's pretty funny. And probably not the imagery that Willow wants. lol.
    lol. I agree with her. Get out of here! Luckily were done with Riley and the Initiative for a while
    Another missed opportunity for getting rid of Spike. I should count how many times that comes up in S5, I got 3 I can think of. Not that I don't like Spike going forward, but there's just no reason that he's still in Sunnydale or hasn't been staked yet. I feel like if Riley or Giles staked Spike, Buffy would get over it pretty quickly at this point. Maybe not in S6.