1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Connor

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by GraceK, Dec 26, 2016.

1. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

whew! On a posting binge tonight.

Anyone feel bad for Connor? I know he is extremely hated in the Buffy verse, but I love him. Do I like him?? Not really, but I understand him. He messed up on so many levels, and when he gets a little closer to healing, Holtz and then Cordelia mess him up more. His last scene in Home really gets to me, when he tells Angel " you let him get me". It's so completely true to how abandoned children feel. And yes, we know Connor wasn't abandoned, but he still feels like it...he has so much sadness and despair to him that I find him a tragic Character. He's not likable, but then it makes sense given his life and upbringing and everything else he's been exposed too . And the potential for goodness is there...you see it when he befriends and cares about the junkie girl right away, his devotion to fake Cordelia...all he he is looking for is someone to love him.

when he returns in season 5 and you see how sweet and well adjusted and brave he is, it hammers home the fact that he always had that in him, he was a victim of circumstance.

My point I guess is that I feel we should cut him some slack and try to see past the abrasive, annoying character traits. He's so lost and damaged I just want to give him a hug :) anyone feel the same?

GwenRaiden likes this.
  2. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

Also, it really touches my heart how much he loves Cordelia. (It's fake Cordelia yes, but he loves her anyway) rewatching peace out, I love how determined he is to find her.

3. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

I just saw Origin again. I really like Connor in this episode. What's especially great is even after he remembers, he plays along, and chooses the life that was given to him (for reasons Wesley explains to Illyria, about the memories created for a reason, and to help one endure the truth).

Can't say I like him in Peace Out, though. That said, I do see him as a victim of circumstances.

GraceK likes this.
  4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I'm not sure there's anything touching about the Connor-Cordy thing. Its just creepy and badly written;) I don't think he loved her really anyway. Part of it is his macho side in wanting to compete with his father. And the other thing is that like many people his age who have not felt the affection of a woman he naively believed that he was in love.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  5. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

There relationship is gross. I get icky feelings whenever I see them on screen. However, all my sympathy lays with Connor cause he to me is the victim. She manipulated and used him, and yes, I truly think he did really love her. Fake Cordy. He was desperate for love and she took advantage of an emotionally disturbed young man. Just my opinion though :)

6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

That's true. But the problem is that Connor is so badly written and the performance so grating than I don't feel sorry for him.

7. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

lol I do agree there. He is so so unlikeable !! It's so easy to hate him :(

Mr Trick likes this.
  8. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

I don't hate him, but I did find him annoying in season 4 and at the end of season 3. I pretty much only cared about him because he was Angel's son. Season 5 and comics Connor is lovely though.

GraceK likes this.
  9. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

I love Connor in season 5. That's what proves to me that he is not a bad person..he is a product of his messed environment and when given a do over, he is well adjusted and heroic.

GwenRaiden and Mylie like this.