1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Conversations with dead people

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by Ciara, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Ciara

Ciara Townie

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone had a theory on why series 7 episode 7 - conversation with dead people - they have the name of the episode on a black screen and then the time and date up? I think it's the actual time and date it was aired but they've never done it before so any ideas? Obviously it's a special episode but can't think of a reason for the special credits.

2. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Scooby

No reason other than to "set the scene" and, like you said, make the episode stand out and seem important (because it is... although every episode is in its own way). The actual date and time isn't important but just by doing it - when they don't normally - it draws you in and makes you pay attention. Same with the name of the episode.

brittles likes this.
  3. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I guess by showing the actual time and date the episode originally aired, anyone watching it at that time saw it as a different episode. They were immediately drawn into it. It sets it apart from other episodes straight away, which I think was the intention.

4. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    Yep like yummysushipajamas said just to set the scene. The only other time the credits are different is in Once More With Feeling and the grr arrgh at the end of Chosen. The title Conversations With Dead People is actually a play on the title of the book Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch.

5. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I agree with what everyone else says- it sort of indicates a different style of episode, setting the scene.

It's odd though, because between this episode and 'Bring On The Night' not much time passes- a week at most- and yet Buffy and Giles that its Christmas by that time.
    Loopy timelines on those Hellmouths I tell ya.

PreferSpike and brittles like this.