1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Deleted bit in 4x22 "Home"

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by RogueDemonHunter, Jul 5, 2012.

1. RogueDemonHunter

RogueDemonHunter Potential

Originally, there was a long conversation between Connor and Angel in this episode in the scene where COnnor strapped bombs to everyone. In this bit of dialogue they were supposed to talk about Cordelia, Holtz, and pretty much everything and I think that it should have not been taken out. It did get taken out, however, for length.

So my question is, does anyone else think that they should have just cut that whole scene kind of at the beggining where Connor confronts a family- having police officer that's about to commit suicide? I know I would rather have some closure and more meaningful interaction between Angel and his son over the other scene. Any opinions?

2. Wesley Pryce

Wesley Pryce Angel Investigations

Black Thorn
    I would have loved that,but i think you need the scene of ZConner and the L.A.P.D.,it showed he was a good kid,and it shows what makes him snap. Maybe if they could've cut something else instead. i dunno. if i had to choose though id take the deleted scene because to truly understand conners mindset is so very important,and a reason that perhaps more people don't empathize with him today.

AnthonyCordova likes this.
  3. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    I think that they should have kept the scene as planned (even if it meant making the episode longer) because it would've explained the scenario better.

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  4. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Well they can't really just make an episode longer sadly.

But it would have been nice to have that scene in some special features of the DVDs. I can't remember the episode in exact details so I'm not sure what else I'd cut but as it is I recall being fairly pleased with the scene as it is.

5. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Definatly- the DVD's should've been a lot better- with all the cut scenes, all the blooppers (luckily you can now get a lot of those on YouTube), proper complete cast interviews and a whole bunch more.

Btw- love your new avater. So cute! :D

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  6. AnthonyCordova

AnthonyCordova Giles Award Winner, 2017-thanks!

Sineya
    Is there anywhere to watch these deleted scenes from this episode? I'd like to see it/them.

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  7. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

This is just one of many scenes that were cut from the individual episodes, usually for consideration of broadcast time, that could have been easily reinserted into the DVD sets, making them even more desirable. For some strange reason, however, Joss is absolutely adamant about not having extended versions or director's cuts of anything that he makes.

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  8. Wesley Pryce

Wesley Pryce Angel Investigations

Black Thorn
    me too and 3

9. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Can't comment if this scene would have been better left in or not unless I see it:) To me it sounds like something which could be lost, just because having characters talk about too many different themes can sometimes feel too forced and can stand out as the bit where their characters are growing rather than that just happening in a more natural way.

10. caitaintdead

caitaintdead caiters gonna cait

Black Thorn
    I'd never heard this before. Where did the info come from? Like one of the actors or writers or is it just a rumour? Has anyone dug up any footage or even a script of this? I would love to read it out of curiosity.

11. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

There used to be quite a few deleted scenes, "behind the scenes," and blooper reels from both "Buffy" and "Angel" on Youtube, that were not included on my DVD sets, so they must have been available from somewhere at one time.

AnthonyCordova likes this.