1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did Angel Come Back Too Soon?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by white avenger, Aug 2, 2017.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Would it have been better if Angel had stayed gone for a few more episodes?

I've always thought that it would have been more dramatic if they had let a few episodes pass and allow Buffy to more or less become used to being in Sunnydale without him. I know, she was supposed to have grieved for him all summer, but we never actually saw much of that beyond a dream sequence in the first episode.

2. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    I think it had to with David Boreanaz in the theme song. When they pay actors to be in the theme song they are almost never gone, maybe for one episode. They could only have David in dreams/ visions for so long. But yes I think if the drama built longer it would have been a cooler comeback.

3. smgismyqueenjpg

smgismyqueenjpg I'm not a QUEEN! I'm Khaleesi!

Black Thorn
    He should've never came back. Season 2 should've been his exit. Buffy should've have gone to him. He is a boring character.

4. flow

flow Male Vampires are stupid. Throw rocks at them

I think the problem was, that we never really saw any of his sufferings in that hell dimension. It is hard to feel with a character for something you never see. It didn`t help, that no one ever talked about it much either. It was stated as a fact, that he was in that hell dimension for a hundred years. But from what we saw, he could have been there just one year. And maybe that would have been even more convincing. It would still have meant a lot of suffering to him, but a hundreds years of suffering and it is never mentioned again, has no consequences at all and can be shrugged off within a few episodes....well. It could have been done better, I think.

Flow

Fool for Buffy and Priceless like this.