1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did any feel Cordelia absent in season 4?.

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Benz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. VisionBoy

VisionBoy Scooby

Sineya
    Oh, I thought this was about Ats season 4.

I didn't mind Cordy leaving, if only because I thought at least one person should actually leave after high school.
    But then I started Buffy with season 6, so it might be different for people who saw it right from the start.

2. Dora

Dora Potential

Lets face it I think the show definitely dived after season three , whether that was JW not spending as much time Buffy or moving some of the writers over to Angel or the loss of Cordy and Angel and replacing them with Anya and Spike , it again went down hill at season six , less Joss time and again diluting the writers ?Anya was OK but so limited love sex , loved money , hated Bunny's spoke her mind ( but not a lot of mind to tap ) but I preferred her to Angel . Spike took up to much air time with ridiculous plots......Give me Cordy every day a normal type person ?no super powers a lover-able character when she was on Buffy, a great loss to Buffy when she left .

3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Debatable. For many the High School years were the best. I don't think it took a nose dive though. It was just a different chapter of the show and they went in a different direction. For some many of the best episodes actually happened after the High School years. Even the much hated season seven had probably two of the best ever episodes in CWDP and Selfless.

Priceless likes this.
  4. Dora

Dora Potential

True Mr Trick, Hush and the Body immediately springs to mind but I meant as a general...I think seasons 2 and 3 had more very good episodes not saying there was no duds , but don't you think the more Joss spread himself around the more generally Buffy suffered certainly after season 5 when most of joss's time was spent on Firefly, never watched Angel , DB brooding did nothing for me but I get the vibes season 4 of Angel was not as good ! and season 5 was a improvement when both Buffy and Firefly was over, but I might be wrong I usually am. As for Selfless and CWDP I could not agree more The song and Joss's writing of Buffy conversation in CWDP made it, it is a pity after that it sort of fell of a cliff

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  5. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

After season 5 I think you might be right about. Season 4 and 5 are pretty great as far as I'm concerned.

Dora likes this.
  6. Slayrunt

Slayrunt Oh ho! Aren’t you Mr. Dicey Semantics?

It took me a little while to get to her not being there because I did enjoy her character. But then there were other characters that came along that filled the void lol