1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did Anya hate Buffy before she died?

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by Kristine, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Kristine

Kristine Townie

She stated in Empty places she was not Buffy's friend.

2. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

I think that was Get It Done.

No, I don't think Anya hated Buffy. I don't remember her celebrating when Buffy left. She admits some admiration for them all toward the end, which I presume includes Buffy. But Anya, like many others, was frustrated with Buffy and offended by her attitude. Just because someone doesn't slavishly follow you or gets frustrated with you doesn't mean they hate you.

3. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    Anya never particularly liked any of the scoobies. She hung out with them because Xander did. I think she actually liked and respected Buffy more than the others. And as she implies in Selfless with the "I have a job and so does Buffy" line, she understands Buffy because she knows what it's like to feel like your whole life is just work that leads to your death. Anya definitely feels that way post wedding. And after Selfless I think she is sarcastic and rude towards Buffy only because she has no where else to go and she is secretly grateful for Buffy and the scoobies. They may not have always been nice to her but they showed her humanity and gave her a home. And in End of Days she indirectly thanks them for that.

Priceless, TriBel and Puppet like this.
  4. TriBel

TriBel Potential

"Did Anya hate Buffy before she died? She stated in Empty places she was not Buffy's friend".

All Anya did was what she usually does - express her feelings more directly and more honestly than any of the other characters. The thing Anya hates is "Bunnies". She fought beside Buffy motivated by her hatred of Bunnies - that should tell you something. :)

Priceless likes this.
  5. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer "I got these evil hand issues..."

Black Thorn
    Anya had mood swings. She could adore you one minute, and the next she might want your head to explode. So, no...I don't think she hated Buffy. But Anya is extraordinarily sensitive, and if you hurt her feelings or mock her, you might have a problem.