1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did The Other Scoobies Ever Learn of The Chases Becoming Bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Agent Z, May 27, 2016.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z Townie

I always wondered if the other Scoobies eventually learned about the Chases losing their wealth. Do you think they eventually found out?

2. Priceless

Priceless I'll set something on fire

I am sure they did. Things like that are probably hard to keep quiet in a amall town. Bet it was even reported in the Sunnydale Press

Smile Time and matt124 like this.
  3. matt124

matt124 Potential

Well Xander knew. I always wondered if they did, and I am sure they did.

Sometimes Cordelia's exit on Buffy feels strange. We know she ends up on Angel. But it felt like Cordelia never got closure, she was just with the gang walking off in Graduation Day. Then in season 4, she isn't even mentioned in the first episode. Then again she never appeared on Buffy again, so that counts too.

4. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Scooby

Wasn't it mentioned in a late season 3 episode that she intended to leave Sunnydale after high school? I just mean in relation to her not being mentioned in 4x01. Old fans would know she had left town, and new fans wouldn't have known her to miss her.

I do agree there was a lack of closure though in regards to her frenemy-ship with the Scoobies and the way she just kind of disappeared without mention. But she always did distance herself from the Scoobies and she never really liked Buffy that much so any kind of "goodbye" scene might have seemed forced and cheesy.

As for them finding out about her family losing their wealth. I'm sure they found out in passing and probably didn't care that much.

5. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I guess. I'm sure everyone wondered why Cordelia was working for Angel and I imagine- eventually- she just fessed up to Willow during a phone call or something.

I mean, when you're saving the world and helping people why not tell other people- who are doing the exact same thing- how you got to that place to begin with.

Either that or Xander totally blabbed at an inopportune moment.

6. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

This just reminds me of how much I wanted Cordelia to crossover on BtVS. It would have been nice to see her interact with the scoobies but also because I would have loved for them to see how much she had grown.

I should make a list of wasted potential stuff in the buffyverse.

YummySushiPJs and Zenseem like this.
  7. Cordeliagirl

Cordeliagirl Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.

Sineya
    Williow know after she talked to cordelia about harmony and oz know too, since he give a ring to angel from buffy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2017 ---
    Yeah me, i wish that cordelia ask xander why did he cheated on her with williow and foegive him and buffy havent get mad at cordelia and be friends with williow and best friend of buffy and stay with buffys gang in buffy show and not be in angels show or ruin xanders and anyas wedding and xander and coredlia cheated on anya and angel.

8. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya

Same here . It almost like Cordelia was snuck out of town. You think they would have made more of her leaving . And we never really learned how of if they really went bankrupt . Her parents could have skiped out of the country with the money don't forgot .

I like to see your list & have a few things to add to it .