1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did the Scooby gang ever really forgive Willow for Darth Rosenberg?

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by Joshua, Nov 4, 2016.

1. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya

Buffy isolated herself from them because she didn't want to hurt them by telling them where she really was. She even says 'I feel like I spend all my time just trying to be OK so they don't worry.' She probably preferred to patrol alone. It's not like they completely disregard her either. They all try to help her fit back into life in some way. In Life Serial Willow and Tara try to get her to come back to school with them, Xander lets her try her hand at construction and Giles and Anya try to give her a job at the Magick Box. In Older and Far Away they all throw her a birthday party and try to get her to connect with their guy friend from Xander's work. All of them come to the Double Meat Palace to support her. So yeah, they all have their own lives and are busy with other things other than helping her slay like planning the wedding and working and college but it's not like they just kick her to the curb. It's not all them. Buffy does a fair amount of pushing them away. In Gone Willow, Xander and Anya rush to help figure out what has happened to Buffy and after her and Willow take care of Warren, Jonathon and Andrew they sit down on the curb together and they have a heart to heart and Willow asks her how she is doing. The fact that she went to Tara to check the spell that brought her back, goes back once again to the fact that she was trying to protect the people she is closest to. She doesn't want to hurt them because she knows they were just trying to help. Willow feels bad after she finds out that she was in Heaven. If they knowingly brought her back just so she could look out for them why would they feel bad about it afterwards? Of course you should be able to tell your best friends anything but you have to WANT to open up to them first. I think it's safe to say that Buffy wasn't ready to do that until it just involuntarily came out in Once More, With Feeling.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    DarkGoddess and DeadlyDuo like this.
  2. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I don't think Buffy wanted to tell them she was in heaven at all, I think the singing forced her to reveal it. Spike tried to get Buffy out before he started singing which suggests the singing isn't voluntary.

brittles likes this.
  3. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    True. Everyone's secrets did kind of get forced out whether they wanted them to or not. Just further proves the point that she didn't want to hurt them with the truth I guess.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  4. Dora

Dora Potential

Thats right Buffy taking the responsibility for them, protecting them, not wanting to hurt their feelings, forgiving them, but that is what she always did.....That was part of who she was the Slayer, she even when to work when they had spent all the money when she was dead,

5. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    I'd say so, from what we saw. And I don't think the show would have ever have the core four do something so bad they wouldn't have been forgiven by the others. I liked how they dealt with forgiveness in AtS, with Wesley being properly ousted from the family.

6. LeeJones41

LeeJones41 Townie

Personally, I don't really find that . . . emotionally healthy. All this tells me is that Buffy basically avoided any conflicts with the other Scoobies due to some possible fear of losing their friendship. Part of me wishes that she had confronted them. Perhaps she would not have spent a good deal of the last two seasons being even more emotionally repressed than she usually tend to be.

7. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Potential

Buffy was plenty harsh in season 7. Remember the suicide? She had a dream warning about that, btw, but I can see how she was overwhelmed. She gives a speech that's about downright cruel and demanding they push themselves harder and be darker, even tells Spike he should be more like he was in his evil days...and then Buffy does that dangerous ritual somewhat recklessly which is, at first, showing she practices what she's preaching, but then she refuses to take that power which means that speech Buffy gave the others needed to be aimed at her as well. I'd give her more flak for that, but she seems to realize that she made a mistake when she comes back.

8. Dora

Dora Potential

Same old same old Buffy having to take full responsibility for every thing, up to season 6 it was the core four with Giles being the leading figure, he just walked away in season 6 and again he was missing at the start of season 7 forcing Buffy to take the lead role, there was no slayer watcher thing, no one to discuss her dreams with. Buffy did not Know how strong Celeb was, its like the first secret weapon so leading the girls down into the Vineyard can hardly be her fault, if you remember Faith was there to and raised no objections.As for taking more power Buffy already knew her power was routed in Darkness, she did not know the ramification of having more Dark power in her, the Shadow men had not discussed it with her and tried to force it on her, to rape her !Remember Spikes words what kind of a demon are you, you came back wrong, she was hardly likely to have more demon in her. Buffy grew hard she had too, she had hardly recovering from being in a very dark place in season 6 the last thing every body needed was a mentality defunctioning Buffy again. As in 6, it is proven by Riley's talk with Buffy just as Spikes in 7 it made things clearer in Buffy head, gave her confidence,to stop the abuse in 6 and to go out and retrieve the scythe in 7 . Spikes and Rileys talks help Buffy mentally that was her Watcher's job until he decided to just walk away.....

9. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I blame Kennedy for that. She bullied Chloe by calling her "maggot" and publicly humiliating her in front of the other potentials then bragged about it to Wood.

In some respects that was a good thing because she was given a vision of what was in the hellmouth instead. Knowledge is power and all that.

She was scared shitless by the vision but ultimately still made the right choice.

Agreed. Also Buffy was right about the vineyard, the flaw in her plan was that she underestimated Caleb and had no plan. She offered to open the floor to suggestions on the best way to redo the vineyard but everyone just shut her out and as a result some of them got killed.

10. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Potential

I don't see how injuring someone with several cuts is worse than blasting someone, throwing them across a room and knocking them unconscious several times (3 times, not twice). Same with fighting Buffy, someone capable of putting up a decent defence. Surely what she did to Anya was worse?