1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel 11.04 - Released 4/19/17 (Dark Horse)

Discussion in 'Angel: Season 11' started by Buffy Summers, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Angel is caught facing an unrelenting Illyria of the past, an unrelenting Illyria of the future, and an impending volcanic eruption. For him to save an entire race of demons, satisfy both Illyrias, and get himself and Fred back to the future, he will have to convince at least one of the goddesses to trust someone other than themselves—specifically, him!

Source: Dark Horse

2. Priceless

Priceless I'll set something on fire

This is the first part of Angel S11 that I enjoyed :eek:

The cover art by Scott Fischer is gorgeous, with lots of green, red and orange.

Angel persuades Illyria that she doesn't always have to use violence to solve her problems, and that she can use reason to communicate with her enemies. The positive result even surprises Angel.

There's humour in this issue, which I don't think we've seen before in S11, with Illyria making a joke at Angel's expense, and it was actually funny.

I really enjoyed the ending because we are finaly leaving Illyria's time and moving forward into Angel's timeline, where Darla is soon to make an appearance. Exciting! :)

3. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    Should I bother reading the new comics? I read the first three issues and I hated them. Is the improvement really there?

4. Priceless

Agreed, the first three issues were awful but I am glad I stuck with it, because #4 was actually quite readable, being entertaining and funny. It's not perfect by any means, and I still have no idea where the story is going, or even why it's happening, but I will stick with it and hope it continues to improve. So yes, if you can afford to spend money on something you may not completely enjoy, then I would say stick with it, and let's both hope it gets better :)

5. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    Then I will give the two recent issues a read then. At the least the covers are stunning!

6. Priceless

I really hope you like them. I haven't received the latest edition yet, but he cover art I've seen looks gorgeous, just hope the story holds up