1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 11.04 "Hungry Vampires? Meet Slayer" - Released 2/15/17 (Dark Horse)

Discussion in 'Season 11' started by Buffy Summers, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Now living in the Safe Zone, Buffy, Willow, and Spike are making do while sharing space with so many other magical folk. Unfortunately, with natural enemies living together and low blood rations for the vampires, time will tell how safe things will remain in the “Safe” Zone . . .

Source: Dark Horse

2. LycheeP

LycheeP Townie

Weeeeee! I knew it! Even though I had my money on it that that was gonna happen sooner or later this season, I was kinda taken by surprise that the issue opened with it. And I wonder if those hints that I think I have been seeing in this and the past few issues will really turn out to be hints at what's coming.

Priceless likes this.
  3. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

This post is driving me crazy :) I haven't got my copy yet, and am desperate to know what happens. But I am determined to avoid the spoilers . . . really really determined ;)

4. zianna

zianna Townie

Care to share those hints?

5. Kayla Blackmon

Kayla Blackmon Townie

Just read the issue! I like this season so far, very political, I didn't expect to do all this research on the ethics of internment camps, but here we are! Lol! All that aside, I'm wondering were this whole spike and buffy relationship is going, now that she is feeding him her blood, I felt like this issue seems to be setting up for a conflict in the future. If I recall, buffy has only been drank from one time and it kind of ended that relationship, that plus Spike's past with slayer blood, I don't know, this seems like the beginning of the end...

Also what is going on with the whole comittee of supernatural-folk that we ended on last season? Are they still meeting or are they disbanded now that the goverment has taken over? Hopefully there isnt gonna be a magic crisis sometime soon or they're screwed....

Neat16 and Blair like this.
  6. Blair

Blair Scooby

I read the issue yesterday. I was quite surprised that Buffy surrendered herself to be with Spike. And letting him drink from her... Does this remind anyone of season 4 with the Initiative with rationing food? Why are the rations for small? Surely that's not very safe for the Safe Space. (Anyone else wonder why they picked "Safe Space"? I watch a lot of SJW related videos on Youtube talking about safe spaces... Coincidence?)

But yes, what happened to the magical committee?

7. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

Really enjoyed this issue, very Spuffy centric, with Buffy forcing Spike to feed, and Spike running out in the daylight to help Buffy. (I know I'm a sucker but loved the panel of the hand holding) Being in the camp is putting a lot of pressure on them and I hope it doesn't end badly :(

It was nice to see Dawn, but I thought Buffy could have said more when she asked how she could help, not just 'get good grades'. Surely Dawn and the others could be doing more to help, they just seem to be standing by, letting things happen.

Neat16 likes this.
  8. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    I always thought Spike feeding from Buffy would signal the end of Spuffy but I don't think so now. Clearly they have a loving relationship and would do anything for each other and when a relationship is healthy it can overcome the challenges. Loved the last line, maybe we can get buffybot back as robobuffybot. That would be great.

Forever Spuffy, Neat16 and Priceless like this.
  9. Mylie

Mylie Potential

Buffy has also been drank from by Dracula in Buffy vs. Dracula.

Oh and the relationship between Buffy and Angel was already over when he drank from her so it wasn't really a factor in why the relationship ended. It kind of reinforced why it was better this way but the decision was already made.

10. Kayla Blackmon

Kayla Blackmon Townie

Yeah, I know Angel didn't leave her because he fed on her, that was my failed attempt at being facetious. I do, however feel like Buffy being fed on has a sort of symbolic significance in each of her relationship story arcs. Being fed on by a vampire is a very feral, animalistic act in its self and when Buffy, a symbol of purity, is physically drained by someone she trusts and loves, I feel like it holds great significance, at least story wise. It seemed like him feeding on her was an eye-opening moment in which he realized that they aren't good for each other. She would do anything for him, even if it involved him draining her of her last drop, this is a huge turn around from the Buffy that sent him to hell for the greater good. Dracula biting Buffy was also a huge factor in the Riley breakup. The act was brought up on many occasions during her relationship and was described, by Riley, to be one of precipitating factors to the end of their relationship. I could be just looking to far into this but with a showrunner like Joss Whedon, i wouldn't put it past him to use spike's feeding as a way to put an end to their relationship, either as direct cause or an extra straw added to the camel's back.

11. Mylie

Mylie Potential

I understand your points, really.

And I do think Angel drinking from Buffy in Graduation was kind of Whedon making it clear that the relationship had really come to a point where it had to end. I'm just not sure if he still views that sort of thing/dynamic as something bad that equals a relationship being over, especially after all the morally questionable things that happened on the show in the later seasons.

12. Geobubbles

Geobubbles Can I play with the puppy?

Black Thorn
    I'm really curious as to how this is going to affect season 11 of Angel. Would love to see the government try and lure Illyria into a camp.