1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 11.06 - Released 4/19/17 (Dark Horse)

Discussion in 'Season 11' started by Buffy Summers, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Life in the Safe Zone internment camp is not improving, and Buffy’s status as a peacekeeper has made her a target of the other inmates—but just what are they afraid she might do? Perhaps discover something more sinister going on within the Safe Zone’s impenetrable walls? Stakes are raised in Season 11!

Source: Dark Horse

2. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    Did anybody read it already? I am waiting for it to become available here, but I am dying to read it!

Priceless: Same here, dying to read it, but not out here yet
  3. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    Good issue. The art is better than last time. Love to see Spike acting all happy homemaker while Buffy goes out and gets the job done. She is an awesome fighter. I think they've kicked her strength up a bit but I like it. I wish Willow was patroling with her, it's not safe out there! Nice to see Buffy and Willow back to best friends after their rocky S10 relationship. Lots of references to the TV show which I think is great. I like knowing what the "big bad" is for the season and I love Buffy's expression when she realizes she is at risk of losing Spike. Sigh.....Spuffy.

TONER, Blair and Forever Spuffy like this.
  4. Priceless

Priceless You're my dog, y'know?

This sounds really good, am hoping my copy will arrive soon. I am just loving the Spuffy in S11 and hope it'll last. Buffy would be devestated if she thought she would lose Spike as this is the most relaxed and happy she's ever been in a relationship.

Neat16 likes this.
  5. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

Those comics seem less and less like the show that used to be BtVS and more and more like a show the CW would have on right now...

black cat likes this.
  6. gnarl

gnarl Townie

Aw man! Each issue always feels way to short!
    I wish there was a bit more time for the characters to interact (Calliope especially, how are we supposed to accept her as a love interest when we hardly know her?).
    I enjoyed Buffy turning up at Willow's door all beat-up with a rakish smile on her face (and how sweet they're being to each other in general).
    I've also liked Spikes out-of-date pop-culture reference this season (Harmony as Josephine Baker).

The camp is super neat and clean. For a place where they are hardly bothering to keep the water-dwellers alive, they've got the grounds-crew working pretty hard ;) I think it could do with a bit more rubbish lying around (for grit and realism).
    Favourite panel: Willow looking up at the bird-man.

Priceless likes this.
  7. gnarl

gnarl Townie

Also, appreciation post for all the great background monsters in this issue. Is that a hominid-unicorn-skeleton slacking off there? :) Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 6.12.00 PM.png ?

GwenRaiden likes this.
  8. The Ferg

The Ferg Mine is an evil laugh!

Issue 6 was pretty entertaining, but I'm slightly nervous that we're spending a little too much time in the camp. We're already halfway through the season, are Buffy and co. really just gonna be stuck there the whole time?

9. Blair

Blair Vamp Blair

Sineya
    I liked issue six. Was surprised at that other Wiccan girl (was it a Wiccan girl? That red head) who kissed Willow. Kind of want to see more of that explored

10. Priceless

Priceless You're my dog, y'know?

Finally got my copy this morning. I've been really looking forward to it and I wasn't disappointed. It's a really good read.

Domesticated Spuffy is so damn cute :)

I like the moral ambiguity of Willow draining the Wiccans. Just because someone wants their powers drained for an easier life, is it the right thing to do, especially when it fundamentally changes who they are as people? Willow doesn't know if she's doing the right thing, and I like that uncertainty.

Buffy is a good friend, being very supportive of Willow, but I can't help but feel it's partly because Buffy is already living with moral uncertainty in her own life (being a Trustee in the Safe Zone) and misery loves company. But ultimately I like to see the great Buffy and Willow friendship and it feels like the Safe Zone has bought them closer then they've been in a long time.

Willow also has the added dilemma of Calliope and that kiss. Willow's liked this girl for a while now, but Calliope has a girlfriend and Willow has been in this situation before and it didn't end well then, so I wonder if she's learnt her lesson?

Enjoyed Buffy subduing the ogre and getting the vital info she needs, Buffy isn't just a badass, she's got a brain as well. Liked the call back to Helpless, an episode that had Giles facing his own moral dilemma and Buffy using her brain rather than brawn.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2017 ---
    Forgot to mention my theory about Spike. He's been out in the light several times throughout this season, more than I remember seeing him in the daylight before. If the light is seen as good, and the darkness is evil, then are we to think that the more Spike goes out in the daylight, the more 'good' he is?

Toften and Blair like this.
  11. Toften

Toften Townie

At the very least, I think we're meant to see him more as part of the daylight world.

Priceless likes this.
  12. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I'm just wondering how much longer Spike can stand sitting around not doing anything. Remember, back when he first got the chip, before he discovered that he could still kill demons, he became suicidal. Spike may be a bloody awful poet, but he is also warrior who thrives on action. He was never cut out to be the one who stays home while his mate goes off to work. It's like Robin hanging around the Batcave while Batman is out on patrol.

13. Toften

Toften Townie

I agree. He's going to get up to something sooner or later.

14. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    I absolutely loved this issue! It was packed with a whole bunch of drama and action! I love it and can't wait for more!

I am actually starting to be ok with Spuffy in this season. They care about each other and bring out the better in each other, but it won't last for much longer probably. I love Callilope, she is so cute!

Priceless likes this.