1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do You Want The Series Finale...

Discussion in 'Comics' started by vellavu, Dec 13, 2015.

?

Do You Want The Series Finale...

1. To be explicitly compatible to the Frayverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. To be explicitly incompatible to the Frayverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. To neither confirm nor deny the Frayverse

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    I don't know but I think the Frayverse is actually a very lucky result.

Humans thrive. The PD kills vampires. It is very hard to open portals or bring the world a demon.

I know there is poverty, pollution and social injustice. But what do you expect if the apocalypse kept happening every year starting from 1996, and continues to happen? It's a goddamn happy enough ending.

So what do you think? Do you prefer the finale of BtVS comics implying the Frayverse or not?

2. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I would look on the Frayverse as being something similar to Judgement Day in the Terminator series. It's a fate whose end result is inescapable, no matter how many times it's beginning keeps getting averted.

Eventually, some Slayer, not necessarily Buffy, will face some menace so big and powerful that the only way to defeat it is to literally damage the very fabric of reality to the point that vampires and demons won't be able to exist within that universe's reality for centuries to come. If that Big Bad isn't the First Evil, and it isn't the Senior Partners, maybe it's Twilight. If not Twilight, then something even more powerful is waiting further on down the road. Fray's reality is inevitable, because we've already seen it. We know that it will happen, just as we know that, ultimately, somehow, Sky Net is going to become self aware and bring about the virtual destruction of mankind. The exact circumstances and sequences that lead to that event taking place are, as yet, undetermined, but the event, itself, is inevitable. Just as ultimately, however, we know that there will be a champion, whether it be John Conner and Fray to begin setting things right once more.

3. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    I thought, and I could be wrong, but didn't Whedon say somewhere, sometime after the comics started that the Frayverse 'wont' happen? He said something along those lines that it should be treated as an alternative universe or something.

I thought it was when people were asking about the Battle of Starbucks being shown in the comics that he said that. Something about the events of Chosen altering the timeline or some such.. I am sure someone out there remembers better than I what was said.

4. SpikeRules

SpikeRules Still kicking it with Buffy

Sineya
    I want the series finale to involve Buffy, Angel, Spike, Giles and the Scoobies. Just give me a happy ending for everybody and I'll be ecstatic! :D

And if they want to do more Fray comics, that would be cool too. :)

Fuffy Baith likes this.