1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone think Wolfram & Hart had something do with events in Anne?.

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Benz, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Benz

Benz Potential

I theres good chance Wolfram & Hart had something to do with Demons in Anne while Buffy was in LA.

nemilyxo likes this.
  2. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

I expect Wolfram & Hart facilitated the entire thing, from the portal, to the location, to helping "Ken" blend right in....all the while making a profit every step of the way.

What makes me curious is why that species bothered to return the humans at all. The only thing I can think of is they felt that humans were disgusting and would "pollute" their world, and taint that demon breed to eat humans even as meat (it's conceivable eating humans was toxic to them for some reason, too, perhaps they absorbed some chemical in the slave work that the demons themselves couldn't stand, and the human meat thus became tainted with those chemicals, too). But even so, they could've sold those humans to yet other demons of other dimensions (which surely Wolfram & Hart would suggest) and thus skipping the process of returning them to Earth at all.

3. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    I doubt this was a Wolfram & Hart operation - they may be like an organized crime family, but not all crimes are committed by the Mafia and not all supernatural crimes are committed by Wolfram & Hart. The world of L.A. supernatural operations in Angel the series (Ats in this forum) does not have its fingers in every pie - a number of episodes have villains with no connection to Wolfram & Hart.

4. Meliza

Meliza Potential

I think they were because there was a fly reference I think to them in a early Angel season maybe S1, where Angel gives a girl he is protecting a card and says something churchy sounding and she goes "Oh no, your not with those freaks down on Lane street are you?" I think a sly reference to the church front Buffy fought. By this time it would be extinct by now but she would have remembered it.

Puppet likes this.
  5. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Maybe so. I always thought that there could, or should, have been some sort of tie in between W&H and the First Evil. For all we know, Wolfram & Hart could have been the main Big Bad in the entire Buffyverse. As depicted, they certainly had enough accumulated power and influence to pull something like that off, and it could have given a great excuse to assemble both all the previous heroes and villains from both shows for one super grand finale.

Puppet likes this.
  6. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    Angel sort of established that nothing goes on in LA without Wolfram and Hart either doing it or keeping a close eye on it. And with their lawyers who are trained to protect clearly convicted criminals/ demons, it would certainly make sense that a guy like Ken from Anne would be a client. He would also need housing and a dimensional portal, both of which Wolfram and Hart has provided in the past. Most importantly, Ken would need people to cover up missing persons cases. Even though the victims were supposed to be no-names, the law would have tried to catch up at some point.

GwenRaiden and Puppet like this.
  7. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

A load of human slaves get left behind in "Anne". We see Buffy escape with the group she was in but we see her run past other slaves in chains. They didn't get out before the portal closed.

8. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    That was something I noticed as well....There were large numbers of slaves down there when she's running around & fighting but she only leads a few to safety.
    As Buffy killed a lot of the guards & went totally 'Ghandi' on Ken, maybe they could revolt & overthrow the system.....but they were stuck there.....

9. white avenger

Maybe that's where Angel got his idea that Buffy would somehow find it acceptable for him to help Twilight in Season 8, figuring that it was better to save a few than sacrifice them all. He was expecting a mature, experienced, and more realistic woman to still be thinking like an idealistic teenager.

Puppet and Priceless like this.
  10. white avenger

Ken seemed to carefully choose runaways and homeless people, who no one would notice or report missing. The police might have had some of the kids on file as being runaways, but, without knowing that they were actually in the area, they wouldn't know when they were taken to the other universe, and certainly wouldn't recognize them when they returned.

Fool for Buffy likes this.