1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favourite demon/baddie?

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by nemilyxo, Feb 27, 2017.

1. nemilyxo

nemilyxo Townie

Sineya
    i think my favourite demon has to be Der Kindestod (so so so creepy!)
    Not mentioning the gentlemen and also Sid the dummy kept me up for days when I was younger haha

2. fauxindigo

fauxindigo Townie

Sid was actually an amazing character, and wasn't really a bad guy at all in the end.

Darla & Drusilla: I like Darla & Dru evil but Angel & Spike good.
    Lilah: Why was she evil to begin with? We never really got Lilah backstory but for whatever reason, she makes looking bad like fun.
    Jasmine: I know most people hated her but I thought she was a great and interesting big bad. I still wish Morena Baccarin played her as intended; regardless, Gina Torres made the role her own and ended up making the character into a motherly, 'Oprah'-esque public figure character who brainwashes the masses with her presence.
    Caleb Soooo creepy, I wish we got more of Caleb in Season 7, it could have been so much better.
    Hamilton pretty creepy and intimidating yet he is kind of hot.
    Harmony as a vampire is brilliance all around.
    Sunday was just fun.
    Glory could get grating but she's such a perfect villain for the original valley girl Buffy.
    The Gentlemen are by far the creepiest (Der Kindestod, Gnarl and the Queller Demon are other creepiest but they still hardly compare)- the way they float, the permanent creepy metal smiles, the look of death in their appearance not to mention the silence/not being able to scream as they quietly carry out their mutilation of cutting out peoples hearts. Hush/The Gentlemen are legitimately more scary than 99% of horror movies this day and age.
    The Beast from Angel Season 4 ranks high as one of the most badass demon designs. And in Habeas Corpses, the Beast is nearly just as scary as The Gentlemen are in Hush.
    I also love the classic monsters of the week (Swim Team from the Black Lagoon, Buffy vs. Dracula, Werewolf (Phases/Wild at Heart, Frankenstein/Adam)
    The no-mouth Demons in 'Earshot' had a cool creature design with the horns on the side of it's head.
    The Circle of the Black Thorn

Least favorites: The First (good on paper but not in execution), The Trio, The Anointed One, Loan Shark from Tabula Rasa, Lyle and Tector Gorch, Hotlz, Eve (a.k.a. poor mans Lilah), The Ubervamps and The Master are also kind of lame.

Semi-random question: Why/how do you suppose there came to be "good demons" in the Buffyverse? Was it ever really explained how demons like Lorne and Clem don't seem to commit evil?; they're just demons by nature but not inherently evil? I understand there are gray areas when talking about this (like vampires who infect a humans soul or a human who chooses to become demon like Anya, Halfrek, Cordelia) but wouldn't it make sense that pure demons like Lorne or Clem would be inherently evil? I never suspected Lorne of being truly evil deep down whereas Clem always seemed like a demon who like a wolf in sheep clothing, plays innocent in front of Buffy but murders kittens and babies or something evil when nobody is around. Then there is Halfrek whose human persona seemed so demure yet she was still clearly evil while working as a vengeance demon.

Fuffy Baith and Zenseem like this.
  3. OccaQuokka

OccaQuokka My arse is not pansy!

Sineya
    I am a fan of Sweet, he had a good mix of fun and evil.

The Mayor and Glory give me a chuckle for the big bads.

4. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    There are good & bad in all species....even humans, so there is no reason why there shouldn't be good Demons along with all the nasties...... :)

5. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I quite liked Spike and Dru as the bad guys and wish we could've had a Whirlwind reunion in Angel season 2 when Darla was brought back.

Der Kinderstod and the Gnarl were creepy. The Gentleman were creepy too but they also had some humour to them like when they applauded one another. The Spider demons were horrible.

Sunday was a fun villain and it would've been nice to see more of her.

Slayerofslayers and ChaseRules like this.
  6. nightshade

nightshade Watcher Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I love Drusilla, I think she could have been more of a baddie

The mayor was a great villain, and Faith was a great baddie alongside him.

I liked Marcie it's a shame we didn't find out more about what she did later. Sunday was a great villain too, she reminded Buffy of who she was.

Slayerofslayers and DeadlyDuo like this.
  7. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    My favorite big bad was life. I mean, hell, when you think about it life was a tougher big bad than the first. At least you could stop the first, couldn't stop life... well, I guess you could but then well, you'd kinda lose also so... yeah, life was the best big bad.

8. Blair

Blair Scooby

I liked Glory.
    And even though Sid wasn't a bad guy I wish he could of stuck around. I did like The Gentleman too- the way they were so polite and delicate in handing each other the knife.

I wish Adam had more episodes where he was fighting, show exactly how bad ass he was. Like go cause some destruction that affects the town than more than just killing a kid or beating up the Slayer. Go do some stuff. As a baddie, I loved his God like complex.

9. nemilyxo

nemilyxo Townie

Sineya
    Definitely - Adam was awesome and he definitely didn't have a chance to show how strong he was. I wasn't a fan of the zombie Maggie though aha.
    The Faith and Mayor was awesome, i loved when he bought her the pretty dress.
    Marcie was great! That episode was really good and even without the demons/ghosts it shows you what high school is really like for people who aren't super popular and cool.
    Sunday was really good, it would have been nice for her to be in more than one episode.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  10. Riderofapocalypse

Riderofapocalypse Potential

Buffy: Stand alone favorite is Angelus. All time favorite being the couple of Mayor Wilkin's the Third, (And i say that while doing a dry heave laugh), and S3 Faith.
    Angel: The Beast. That's one bad mofo.

11. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

Warren, as he was the scariest in real world terms, and surely the vilest baddie ever on the show

DeadlyDuo and Puffy like this.
  12. Puffy

Puffy Think like a proton and stay positive

While I really like Caleb or the Mayor (so funny and insane!) its...Warren.
    He is just so tragic. Genius, asshole, insecure, bold, ...what a evil mixed bag. :cool:

DeadlyDuo and Priceless like this.
  13. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I think Warren often gets overlooked when it comes to ranking the best bad guys because there's nothing special about him, yet for such an "ordinary" villain, he was the one who did the most damage to the scoobies.

nightshade likes this.
  14. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

It's his ordinariness that makes him so scary. He's got no actual powers, he's just an inventive psycho.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  15. nemilyxo

nemilyxo Townie

Sineya
    YESSS!!! Warren was so creepy but genius!

16. BuffyBot22

BuffyBot22 Potential

Favorite: Angelus, he was just so close to home. It really wrecked Buffy and made it difficult for her to do the right thing which she eventually did do. I also thought he was pretty funny, especially compared to his counterpart Angel. I just love his line when he says "To kill this girl, you have to love her..." It ended up almost being true, Angel was her weakness. And Angelus knew exactly how to play on that.

Scariest: It's a tie between Angelus and Warren. Warren is scary because he is basically a real life psychopath and he is human which Buffy likes to believe humans can be saved and it is not her responsibility to kill them. That's a fine line of fire to play with since he was specifically targeting the scoobies yet they never went to the police, so therefore Buffy kind of did need to be the "police in this case"
    Angelus because of reasons stated above- basically he knew how to play on Buffy's insecurities and he knew it would be hard for her to kill him.
    So idk which is worse, being faced with having to kill a human or the love of your life. Both are difficult for Buffy which is why she hesitated on killing Angel and did not kill Warren.

17. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

Vamp Willow! :)

18. Spuffy Slayer

Spuffy Slayer spuffy lives forever and spike rules

Spike
    And vamp willow

HowiMetdaSlayer: that would be my idea of kool season big bads :)
    HowiMetdaSlayer likes this.
  19. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    My favorite Baddie was The Mayor . He acted like a real gentleman & was all the time he was turning into a demon.

I also liked Sunday. She was a vampire but she was also smart enough to hide out for years in spite of everything .

20. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

My favorite demon/baddie is going to seem strange to a lot of people.

The Immortal

We never saw him, and he was only mentioned in that one misbegotten episode, "The Girl In Question," but I have found the very idea of and the possibilities for an undying creature, totally shrouded in mystery, neither human nor demon, powerful in every sense of the word, obviously charismatic and irresistible to women and, apparently some men, who lives by his own rules, and is beyond the concepts of good and evil, to be fascinating. (How's that for one long rambling sentence?) I can't see how Joss could conceive such a being, and then never develop him in way at all.