1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Goodbye, Iowa Question

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Craig Staunton, Apr 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Craig Staunton

Craig Staunton Townie

Okay so I am re watching Buffy and I am on season 4 right now. I just watched Goodbye, Iowa and I was a bit confused about something.

During the episode, Riley shows up at Giles place and talks to Buffy and everyone. He sees Spike and gets all angry that Buffy was hiding him from her. So on and so forth.

Then we cut to the scene in which Adam kills the little boy (spoiler alert).

Then we fast forward to the next day and Giles is waking up while Buffy, Anya and Willow are watching cartoons in Xander's basement.

Why was Giles staying over the night? We also see him folding laundry and making tea (that might have been the next episode, I'm not sure).

Did I miss something? Why is Giles staying with Xander. I tried to go back and re watch the scene in case I missed something but I didn't hear anything.

Thanks in advance.

2. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Giles was at Xander's 'cause they're all hiding from the Initiative.
    Walsh tried to kill Buffy- they don't know that Walsh is dead yet- and so they all assume that Walsh/The Initiative is gunning for Buffy and her pals. Riley knows where Giles lives so its a good bet that the Initiative knows where he lives as well.

I never really got the logic of hiding out at Xander's though. I know he's not college-guy exactly but he's still known to Riley/Military, right?

3. Athene

Athene Scooby

Yeah Willow,Buffy and Giles all stayed with Xander in his basement that night because they were hiding lol.
    I guess the real mystery is how Xander's parents were okay with a grown man and two girls staying with Xander for the night lol, but maybe his parents didn't even notice.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    I think that was implied.....Xanders parents didn't seem remotely interested in him or what he got up to.

5. Benz

Benz Potential

Giles was funny in this episode.