1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Greetings & Solicitations

Discussion in 'Check In' started by Ayko, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Slayrunt

Slayrunt Oh ho! Aren’t you Mr. Dicey Semantics?

Welcome! Nice to see your doing better. Coming to these boards was the best thing I've done in a while and I think you'll feel the same :)

Ayko likes this.
  2. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    Glad to hear that :cool:

3. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Alyson Hannigan's mother is Jewish so AH has got the experience.

4. ChaseRules

Sineya
    True & being shallow her but the other actress looked more Jewish . I thinking that one reason Willow was recast myself .

5. Ayko

Ayko Guardian Tweedle

Ahh yes, Teeth. That's the one. Thanks and welcome to my welcome so don't bother with 'your welcome' but thanks again.
    I won't argue with you there..
    Very Kind of you, thanks.:)
    How do you mean, 'being shallow her'?

6. ChaseRules

Sineya
    :oops: Misspelling there . I meant to say " True & I being shallow here but the other actress looked more Jewish . I thinking that one reason Willow was recast myself " .

7. Ayko

Ayko Guardian Tweedle

That is presuming that the character of Willow was known to be Jewish even before having made the shows. I think she was recast because of her (older) look and to avoid the 'ugly duckling to swan' scenario.
    You are the big Cordelia fan, I gather?! She was a big boost to the Angel series, more than I anticipated, seeing more talent and attention, although her last episodes left a bad taste in me when her story was going silly as if they suddenly needed her gone for some unknown reason.
    Thanks for the hello, too.

8. ChaseRules

Sineya
    That another reason & while Willow was Jewish I never saw anything in there more than some lines from time to time . And you have a very good idea there I must say :cool:

I like Cordelia very much I glad to say . I didn't like Angel that much myself so Cordelia was why I started watching it & then the other characters grew on me & I started liking it. And after they got rid of Cordy like they did i didn't watch any more since i felt like they had done a shell game on me.

9. Geobubbles

Geobubbles Can I play with the puppy?

Black Thorn
    Wasn't it because Charisma was pregnant and wanted time to be a mother so she kind of quit? I heard that she kept it secret for ages because she wanted to make sure that the baby would stick and then she was like hey yeah I have a baby and they had to twist the plot to incorporate the big belly?

10. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Yes & no. She did have a baby but when she wanted to come back to the show they killed her off because of that after they had said they wouldn't.

11. Geobubbles

Geobubbles Can I play with the puppy?

Black Thorn
    That's really sucky, at least it seems like they left on good terms with her making an appearance in You're Welcome. Would be interesting to see how things would have gone if she hadnt of been pregenant but Joss is a big fan of making good characters go evil..

Also welcome to the boards Ayko! Don't think I've seen a Riley icon on before :)

ChaseRules: From what I heard she had been told they wern't going to kill her but they did anyway.
    Ayko likes this.
  12. Ayko

Ayko Guardian Tweedle

That would explain a lot including all those episodes where she barely made an appearance except occasionally as a spiritual image all in white yelling, 'Get me out of here!' That's when the writers lost me (again) with that concept while becoming a semi-demon to continue receiving visions with that sub-plot going nowhere. Then there was her 'ghost pet' Dennis who did nothing except scrub Cordy's back in the bath and also went nowhere without an explanation of his final fate as if he never existed and nobody cared. That was disappointing.

Thanks for the welcome.:)

Geobubbles: I loved Dennis! I wish more had happened with him.
  13. ChaseRules

Sineya
    I agree . They lost me there & that time I didn't take the time to find my way back but left for other shows .

And I liked Dennis too . Also that shows great Cordelia was if even ghosts liked her :D

14. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    What about @brinkster130 's icon? :)

Ayko and brinkster130 like this.
  15. ChaseRules

Sineya
    That doesn't look a lot like Riley :cool:

Geobubbles likes this.
  16. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    My avatar doesn't look like Riley???

Geobubbles: I didn't realise hahaha
    Last Watcher: I thought the 'Riley's BFF' was a bit of a giveaway myself ;)
    GwenRaiden likes this.
  17. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

Hola! Welcome to the forum. I've always thought that Willow (like Alyson) was half Jewish. Obviously Willow was raised Jewish (religiously speaking).

Ayko likes this.
  18. Ayko

Ayko Guardian Tweedle

To be honest, no. It is a nice pic of Blucas but, if I am not mistaken, it is not from any Buffy Show as Riley. What character is that or did I miss something? In any case, pleased to meet you brinkster130, my (virtual) bff. Maybe we are like Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde...

ChaseRules: That what I thought . It doesn't look like it from Buffy .
  19. Ayko

Ayko Guardian Tweedle

I suppose we could take that point further and ask ourselves if there is such a thing as a Jewish wiccan. I doubt it even though both (and all) religions stem from the same source and that is the followers of Moses.
    And thanks for the 'Hola!' welcome.

20. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Potential

Starhawk is a major Wiccan figure, but she still gets listed as Jewish (apparently Jewish is an ethnicity as much as a religion). You can even be a Jewish Atheist. I never heard of a Wiccan atheist (though I have heard of atheist witches, which makes sense to me in that they believe in mystical forces, just not gods, at least as anything other than symbols of the collective unconscious, and may also reject the concept of life after death).

I vaguely recall some Christian Wiccans (not to be confused with Christian witches which also exist)

In the Buffyverse, Wicca is apparently the same as witch (unlike our world). If you want to learn about actual Wicca, then it shouldn't be from watching Buffy anymore than someone should try to learn about Christianity (what it is, what it believes) from watching the movie Constantine. At most, Wicca in the Buffyverse is a lifestyle rather than religion (and its rules more like rules of chemistry and medicine, how to practice it safely and ethically, etc) so she could be a Jewish Wiccan just as someone in this world could be a Jewish witch.

Though ultimately, spiritual beliefs are individualistic rather than a democratic process. What a person chooses to believe about God/dess and how to mix and match religions (and invent new ones) is ultimately up to the individual ('course no church is obligated to cater to them).

Ayko likes this.