1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Hot Topic: Connor or The Beast?

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Buffy Summers, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Sternbeeere

Sternbeeere Glory´s sane(?) groupie

Well I see Jasmine as some Anti-Christ inspired figure, which means very nasty. Accordingly her birth must be very nasty and Cordy/Connor is disgusting. Thus exactly suitable for giving birth to someone like Jasmine. Additionally, if you think about the Anti-Christ figure more, there are some Christian sources, that say the Anti-Christ will be born out of an act of incest, again, Cordy/Connor is the best choice here.

2. caitaintdead

caitaintdead caiters gonna cait

Black Thorn
    I have never seen the Cordelia/Connor relationship as incestuous. They are not related and Cordelia was never some sort of legal guardian. When Cordelia and Connor meet they are strangers. Is Monica's relationship with Richard on Friends incestuous because he knew her as a child? Hell no. The reason Cordelia and Connor makes me uncomfortable is because Cordelia was a strong, beautiful, compassionate and charismatic character that I looked up to and admired, and Connor was an ungrateful, mean spirited, annoying little snot of a dude. If Cordy was going to get herself a toy boy (and let's face it... we all secretly want one) then I would have preferred it was someone worthy of her. I choose the beast!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2016 ---
    I have never seen the Cordelia/Connor relationship as incestuous. They are not related and Cordelia was never some sort of legal guardian. When Cordelia and Connor meet they are strangers. Is Monica's relationship with Richard on Friends incestuous because he knew her as a child? Hell no. The reason Cordelia and Connor makes me uncomfortable is because Cordelia was a strong, beautiful, compassionate and charismatic character that I looked up to and admired, and Connor was an ungrateful, mean spirited, annoying little snot of a dude. If Cordy was going to get herself a toy boy (and let's face it... we all secretly want one) then I would have preferred it was someone worthy of her. I choose the beast!

3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I don't know if incestuous is the word I'd use either. Think one issue is Connor's age (although in reality Cordy is still pretty young herself), I mean isn't the character still only meant to be like 16 at this point? I'm not sure. The other issue is one you highlighted is that Cordy is too good for Connor and just seems to be doing it out of some sort of weird sympathy for him. And I can't remember because I've only seen up to this point once, but isn't this during the time when she is meant to be under mind control? If so that makes it all the more creepy.

4. caitaintdead

caitaintdead caiters gonna cait

Black Thorn
    Connor is 18 and Cordelia is 22. No relevant age gap. Although I'm quick to say that seeing as how I have cougar written all over me :p

The mind control angle is awful, for me it's like Jasmine rapes Cordelia.

5. Sternbeeere

Sternbeeere Glory´s sane(?) groupie

To me too, that is an other part that shows Jasmines nastiness.