1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I hate how Kennedy just forced herself on Willow and invited her self into group!

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by Benz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Andrew may not know the ins and outs of people's lives but he has a pair of eyes (unlike Xander o_O). It doesn't take a genius to see that Willow was reluctant to jump into a new relationship and Kennedy kept at her until Willow gave in.

jellokitty likes this.
  2. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    The only thing Andrew said about their relationship was that Kennedy broke up with her, and then Willow was sad, and glad they got back together.

3. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

The writers still put that line in there though. Perhaps they wanted the audience to focus more on the "won her heart" part instead of the "reluctant Willow" part, but it says a lot that they kind of felt they had to clarify it.

4. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    They also had a shirtless Spike kissing Buffy in front of Anya eating grapes, I don't think Andrew's idea of the couples is exactly accurate.

jellokitty likes this.
  5. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

True, but still, Killow was unpopular amongst the fandom and it just seemed like the writers were trying to say "Willow wants to be in this relationship, Kennedy didn't just badger her into submission" in order to try and quiet the discontent.

6. Priceless

Priceless I am now

I really don't see Kennedy being that pushy, and Willow is more than capable of saying no. But even if you do think Kennedy forced herself on Willow, why is that so bad? Sometimes when we go through something terrible in our life we want to turn our back on the world and hide away, unable to face what we've done or what's been done to us, and that's where Willow is when Kennedy shows up. Kennedy didn't force herself on Willow, but she did force Willow back into the world, making her face what's happned to her and that could only be a good thing. In some ways Kennedy is better for her than Tara ever was an exactly who she needs at this point in her life.

Monkey Pants, Ethan Reigns and Guy like this.
  7. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

It's been a while since I last watched but it just seemed like Kennedy was constantly trying to flirt with Willow and Willow always looked uncomfortable by it yet Kennedy never let up. She just kept going and going until Willow gave in. I don't think Kennedy actually would've given up if Willow had said no because she was too focussed on being with Willow. Willow was still grieving Tara, there's no time limit on how long it should take to grieve, yet Kennedy kept pushing Willow to move on. It should be up to Willow to decide when she's ready, not Kennedy. Willow turning into Warren upon being kissed by Kennedy sort of implies that Willow wasn't ready and felt like she was betraying Tara's memory yet Kennedy just kept on going.

Also, because I think it's worth bringing up, when Buffy was being evicted and it looked like Willow was going to stand up for her friend, Kennedy really turns on her and says "Why are you always standing up for her?" just because it looked like Willow was going to disagree with what Kennedy wanted.

There's a difference between encouraging someone to "get back out there" and doing what Kennedy did.

8. Priceless

Priceless I am now

Kennedy was always flirting with Willow, but it seemed sweet and harmless to me. She was just a confident girl who liked someone and wanted them to know, and I didn't find it intimidating or pushy. I don't think Willow was uncomfortable with the flirting, just unused to it. She'd withdrawn from the world and it must have been a long while since she'd flirted with anyone. Plus Willow never struck me as that competant at flirting, even less so now when she was less confident than she had been.

To me it seemed that Willow had buried her trauma, and not dealt with it. It seemed like the kiss was mutual and unlocked these feelings, which was a good thing. Burying the truth isn't helpful, Willow needed to deal with it, to forgive herself and to move on. Sometimes people have to be encouraged to do things they don't want to do for their own good.

I agree Kennedy was out of line with the 'why are you always standing up for her' line, but I put that down to jealousy. Kennedy is desperate to be a slayer, and be close to Will, both things Buffy already is.

Monkey Pants and Guy like this.
  9. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I guess I just find Kennedy to act like an entitled brat and that colours most if not all of her actions. She's very unlikeable in my opinion and certainly not someone I would want to be part of the scoobies.

Priceless likes this.
  10. Priceless

Priceless I am now

She'd never be my best friend, she'd intimidate me, but I'm not a kick ass witch like Willow who has not only helped save the world, but tried to destroy it. If anyone can handle Kennedy (and make her a better person) it's Willow :)

11. LeeJones41

LeeJones41 Townie

I'm beginning to wonder if many fans simply could not deal with Tara's death or Willow having a new lover who was completely different from Tara. Kennedy never bothered me. I know she wasn't perfect. But neither was Willow or Tara for that matter.

Blaze, Priceless, Guy and 1 other person like this.
  12. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    Frankly Willow was a much worse person than Kennedy..

Blaze likes this.
  13. Benz

Benz Potential

Please tell me how Willow was worse then Kennedy?.

14. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    Well, Willow has done lots of bad things...manipulating people with magic, wiping Tara's mind, murder... Kennedy hasn't really done anything wrong, and certainly nothing to that magnitude.

Priceless likes this.
  15. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I disagree. I think the main issue with Kennedy is that she was very unlikeable and was very aggressive in her pursuit of Willow despite the fact that Willow was still grieving Tara. There was zero chemistry imo. Maybe they should've made Robin a woman and had Willow hook up with him/her. They could at least connect over the fact of wanting to avenge a loved one.

16. FranklyBoredNow

FranklyBoredNow Townie

I quite like Kennedy in S7, not a favourite but much more bearable than Andrew who was frankly forced down everyone's throat and nowhere near as funny without the rest of The Trio backing him up.

As for her "aggressive" pursuit of Willow. Only time I found her close to pushy was during Killer in Me and even then she was more pouty than anything and honestly it was cute seeing Willow being pursued for a change.

She can be insensitive though.

S7 has a lot of problems but Kennedy isn't really one of them for me.

S8 onwards Kennedy shot up to one of my favourite non Scooby characters. She actually helped give a lot of Slayers purpose post magic (as she said some never even finished school) and even gave Buffy a chance at a comfortable living despite their bad blood.

They might never be friends (hell you only have to read Guarded to know that) but there is clearly a certain level of respect between them.

Priceless and Monkey Pants like this.
  17. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I agree with you about Andrew, he works better as part of the trio rather than on his own. However, Kennedy is one of the worst parts of season 7 for me.

jellokitty likes this.
  18. FranklyBoredNow

FranklyBoredNow Townie

That's fair enough. Each to their own:)

19. DarkGoddess

DarkGoddess The babe with the power

Little late to the party here, but to me it seemed very out of place and forced.
    I just didn't see the chemistry between them and the fact that they have NOTHING in common besides being gay.

Also, the fact I thought Kennedy was supposed to be 15-16 like Buffy was when she was called so I was super thrown by Willow being with her...

20. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    Kennedy is 19. And actually, I do think they have some core personality traits that are similar, like their need for power and ambitiousness. But I like that they're not too similar (on the outside at least), it seems more realistic and would be less boring long term. Kinda like how Faith and Buffy have a lot of similarities but act like opposites :p