1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I have a question about the episode Empty Places

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by Kristine, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Geobubbles

Geobubbles Can I play with the puppy?

Black Thorn
    That actual makes me curious as to how many people actually died in the destruction of Sunnydale. I assume that some of the people would have stayed in town..

2. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Did Buffy know that for certain though? I certainly didn't. I mean, the end of days is a free-for-all right? Which is why everyone was fleeing in the previous episode.

Cops were beating people and trying to execute Faith (and presumably other criminal types), vampires were on the prowl as late on as 'Dirty Girls', so there are plenty of dangers for some poor home-owner to succumb to. He doesn't have slayer-powers.
    And it this very episode we find out more Ubervamps are on the loose, and they ain't too picky about who they kill.

So if its bad and awful that Dawn and co did it, why is it okay that Buffy did it?

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  3. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Anyone's safety at that point would be questionable. Maybe the F E was capturing and "turning" local residents into Bringers (or, are they supposed to be some kind of demon? I can't remember) Also, ubervamps probably have to feed, and after what must have been a centuries long fast, you can bet that the little buggers would be hungry.

I think that it was supposed to be a given that everyone, even the demon/vampire community, had left Sunnydale by that point. The guy that Buffy threw out might very well have been the last normal resident there. If so, Buffy was actually doing him a favor by evicting him, though I doubt that she knew, or even cared, that that might have been true,