1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

If Doyle Didn't Die

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by Agent Z, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z Townie

How different would the show have been? Or would it not have been any different at all? For example Would Wesley have been brought in? Would Cordelia have ever received the visions?

2. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I may be wrong, but I think that the only reason that Wes was brought onto the show was to replace Doyle, and, given the importance of his character for the rest of the series, I think that it is safe to say that the show's entire story line, with Doyle and without Wes, would have been totally different.

Bluebird likes this.
  3. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Wesley may have been brought in later, as a former watcher and demon scholar, to decipher text, look up references etc, but without the visions all Cordelia would be is window dressing. Cordelia needed those visions to be relevant to the team....

4. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Wasn't Doyle meant to return as basically the big bad of season 4? That would have made season 4 very different, but I'm not sure how that would have been received.

5. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    I would have liked if Wesley had been brought in and it had been the four of them. I would like Doyle/Cordelia as an endgame couple vs Cangel. And when Wesley went emo, Doyle would be a good best friend for Angel. However, they should have kept the storyline that somehow Cordelia gets the visions from Doyle without him dying.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Guess I can see that point of view. Its the later stuff with Cordelia which bothers me more, but the visions were the start of it for me. To me I like that there are members of the team with human qualities as it adds something different and keeps the show grounded. A bit like Xander and Dawn in the Buffy set up.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.