1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

If Jesse had lived

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by Benz, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Benz

Benz Townie

I think it would had be good if Jesse had live and that way Xander would had male friend and maybe Jesse could had Oz storylines like dated Willow and becoming werewolf.

Also if Jesse and Willow broke up in season 3 and Jesse could dated Anya by end season of season 3 and if Cordelia had stayed on Buffy then Cordelia could stayed with Xander.

I reckon it be pretty cool having scobby gang in season 5 being Buffy/Xander/Jesse/Dawn/Willow/Anya/Cordelia/Giles/Tara and Spike.

As for Angel the series: I reckon they should had just bought in new female character instead of brining in Cordelia.

2. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

If Jesse lived Xander's view on vampires would have been less rigid and negative.

Blair likes this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I liked how they killed him off, it was pretty surprising the first time cause everyone expected him to be a main character alongside the other. It set the tone for the "no one is safe" that followed through the whole show.

As for Cordy, I'm glad she went on AtS because I like her character a lot more on there, but I did really like her with Xander. That being said if Cordy wasn't on AtS, I would have been fine with Kate taking on a more prominent role.

Buffy Lover likes this.
  4. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

I liked ths shock factor of Jesse being killed off. He was set up as a major character and killing him really worked for the show, making it feel like unexpected things can happen.

If he'd stayed around I would worry that Jesse and Xander's characters would become interchangeable, they'd be too similar

5. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

On the outside they both look like geeky boys, but they are different. Xander's sense of humor is more sarcastic while Jesse's is more goofy. Xander despises Cordelia while Jesse is into her. Jesse seems friendlier and nicer than Xander. Also, we don't know much about Jesse. Maybe he has talents that were not explored like Willow's computer/hacking skills. So, if he lived he'd be more distinguished. He'd probably gain a superpower or end up having a demon within him.

Priceless likes this.
  6. Priceless

Jesse's character would have grown as the show progressed, but I like having Xander as the only boy in the gang. He's got no competition for the girl's affection, or for storylines. With two guys in the gang I just feel Xander would have had to share his stories, he'd get The Pack, and Jesse could get The Zeppo :) In a show of 22 episodes, there's only so much you can fit in.

7. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I don't know if they'd share storylines because Jesse will get his own storylines depending on his progress as a character, if Jesse will get his own superpower or have an aspect of a demon, then Xander will still be the show's Zeppo.

Also, Jesse is shown to be into Cordelia from the start, when Cordelia starts noticing Xander, there's gonna be a huge rift between Xander and Jesse, especially since Xander isn't into Cordelia as much as Jesse. Jesse will be there for Cordelia after the break up, he'll be her support and shoulder to cry on. I don't know if Cordelia will start noticing him then, but it'll be nice if Cordelia had someone by her side.

I like that Jesse died, I just wish the show focused on how it affected Xander. Fanfic writers did a better job in this area than show writers.

Priceless likes this.
  8. Priceless

Like the idea of a rift developing between Jesse and Xander over Cordy, and Jesse being her shoulder to cry on. Maybe Jesse would have gone over to AtS with Cordy

9. Benz

Benz Townie

I think Jesse and Anya would had made good couple!

10. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Jesse strikes me as a nicer character than Xander, so I can see him embracing Anya better than Xander or any other character did.

11. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I think Jesse should've stuck around for a few more episodes in order to make his death hit home more for the characters and the audience. As it is, it's kind of "here's a guy who has supposedly been friends with Xander for years, oops he's dead!"

12. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I think that it might have made an interesting twist if Jesse had had a recurring role, at least for several episodes, if not that entire Season, after being turned. That would have served to make the whole demon/vampire hunting thing much more personal for Xander and Willow

13. Benz

Benz Townie

I think Jesse could had Oz storylines like truing into werewolf in season 2-Don't get me wrong I like Oz but it be too much having him as well as Jesse both budget rise and screen time wise.

I think having both Jesse and Xander in speedoes in Go Fish be pretty cool.

I have Feeling Jesse would get along better with Angel and Spike then Xander.

I think be nice Xander having male best friend thought out series.

I think to keep difference between Xander and Jesse they could have might development one of them into more of jock type of character.

So maybe Jesse and Cordelia get together in season 2 instead and Cordy shows growth by standing by Jesse being werewolf and in season 3 Jesse and Willow have affair as you got to keep things intersing and Jessie is kidnap along side with Willow and Xander and Cordelia walk in on them kissing and breaks up Jesse and Cordelia and then Xander shows kindness towards Cordelia and then Xander and Cordy get together at end of season 3 as Cordelia tells Xander about parents losing everything and Xander buys Cordelia and then Cordelia kisses Xander at Prom and get together. and Jesse then starts dated Anya and I think if they wanted room for both Cordelia and Anya on show and group this would best way as Anya be with Jesse and Cordy be with Xander.

As Angel TV series they could just bought in new female character to replace Cordy or made Faith regular on Angel by turning Faith good again by end of season 3.

Also I think be intersing having Buffy and Willow and Cordelia being best frineds and hanging out as trio while Anya and Tara feel left out and Anya and Tara become close by feeling left out and maybe one time Anya and Tara addresses feeling left out and then Buffy and Cordy and Willow try making them feel apart of group more.