1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

if the show was to continue what storylines would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by TamsinValencia, Sep 5, 2017.

1. TamsinValencia

TamsinValencia Townie

:)i have been wondering this for a while.

Personally i would like to see an official spuffy relationship and maybe even a wedding.

What storylines would you like to see?

2. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I'd like to see Spuffy split up and Spike gets back with Drusilla :p

I'd like to see Kennedy killed in a very elaborate way where there is no chance of her coming back at all.

dcai0830: On Kennedy - don't we all.... don't we all....
    ChaseRules: Like what you said about Spike & Kennedy . How about Kennedy gets eaten by a hippo ?
    EarthLogic and Puppet like this.
  3. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

After the destruction of Sunnydale, the Scoobies drift apart to do their own things, though eventually they find back together again. The season is considerably lighter in tone than the previous two or three seasons.
    In my s8, Kennedy becomes mayor of New Sunnydale.

Puppet likes this.
  4. Puppet

Puppet Hands in the hair!

Black Thorn
    Hmm, that's an interesting question. As both a reader and writer of fanfiction, this is a question I've posed (and answered) more than once, but you can do things in fanfic that probably wouldn't fly irl lol ;)

I'd definitely love some conclusion, regardless of how much I enjoy fade-to-black/cliffhanger ends to series; check back in with both gangs (whoever is left of AI) and I'd probably want the comics to not be canon, so things would be very different. I'd love some Spangel friendship, ala S5, to see Willow having moved on from Kennedy and is either single and thriving or in an actual relationship that's good for both parties :)

But, yeah, a check-in to see what they're up to and then some apocalypse to prevent, of course, with as happy of an ending as it could get away with.

5. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I'd like a season back to the basics, although that would be almost impossible to do considering the events of s7. I'd like for Spike to still head over to AtS, I would like to see one season where Buffy is single and happy, and doesn't need the support of any boyfriend.

I'd like them to keep developing Willow and Kennedy, and make Kennedy part of the main cast.

I'd like for Xander to deal with Anya's death, and potentially start hinting at his future relationship with Dawn.

I'd like for Giles to truly come back, and for him to have a more important place within the group again. But in the events that Giles couldn't stick around, I'd like to have him on a mission to find other slayers. Than he could pop in once in a while to check on the gang.

I'd like for Faith to stick around for a bit and truly make amends with Buffy. I'd like for them to start having a friendship again.

As for the plot line, maybe the gang goes on a mission to close the hellmouth in Cleveland.

6. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

I kind of like what they did with Dawn in s10, exploring her mystical power and ability to open portals so I would like to see that on the show.

And Buffy/Faith getting romantic would have been interesting and a different kind of relationship for Buffy.

Last Watcher and Monkey Pants like this.
  7. Dora

Dora Potential

Spike going through the meat grinder in DMP . Buffy becoming the leader of the new council, training potentials, finding a nice human guy and having children and living a long life in the Sun

8. Puppet

Black Thorn
    So you want her to be bored out of her skull? :p

DeadlyDuo and Priceless like this.
  9. dcai0830

dcai0830 "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."

Well since we are talking about all of our hopes and dreams.

I would have liked to see Buffy and Angel fighting at the end of days. I'd like to see Angel shanshu. Buffy and Angel join together to take over the Watcher's Council, training the next generation of fighters for good, and working through their issues until they find a way to live happily ever after, having lots of sex and possibly some beautiful babies.

I also wish for world peace and to reverse global warming but you know, you can't always get what you want. :) But its fun to think about!!

Mylie: yep, that too! :)
    Mylie likes this.
  10. Athene

Athene Scooby

I'd want Willow/Kennedy to last a while along with Faith/Robin. I also think that Kennedy could develop an interesting friendship with Faith seeing as they've got some similarities between them.
    I would want Buffy to end up with Angel eventually but if I'm being honest with myself I don't think anyone that stayed for the final alley fight would have made it and I think that's the point. If by some miracle Angel made it out alive, then Buffy and him would definitely end up together in my story. I would force Faith and Buffy to be friends again:D

dcai0830 likes this.
  11. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    I would have liked if the main group moved to the Cleveland hellmouth, and set up a school for slayers. Faith and Buffy are two of the main teachers, and they regain trust and friendship. They get really close and fall in love (completely and in the right way this time!) and start dating, and are all happy and domestic with an apartment and pets and their shared responsibility, and they take care of Dawn and the slayers with the wisdom they both have now. Dawn goes through high school and college, and trains to be a Watcher. Willow and Kennedy stay together and dive deeper into knowing each other, and Kennedy is also a respected teacher at the school. Kennedy, Willow, Faith and Buffy hang out and double date all the time. There are so many slayers that no one is really in any danger anymore, and they can all finally relax. Giles runs the new Watcher's council, and helps Buffy and Willow run the slayer school. Xander meets a nice girl and settles down. Spike is still dead. Cordelia is alive and her and Angel are together, and they, as well as Fred, come and hang out with the scoobies a lot. Angel loves to check up on his girls Faith and Buffy and give them advice on how to treat each other, even though they're actually doing amazing with that, Angel's just over protective.

Last Watcher: If only..........
  12. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

I suppose having the government come in, though not like in the season 8 comics. Riley could come in to help but he'd get killed in some dramatic way by some special forces group. The Slayers and their allies could be branded as terrorists, though I'm thinking that would be too public (it also wouldn't have been a good idea at the time), or perhaps as cultists (which could then be used to talk to the families of the new Slayers in the hopes that their own surviving kin rat them out the moment they make contact, which the Potentials-turned-Slayers should try now that the First is...presumably...defeated). Buffy and friends could wrestle with the question of going public with Giles warning of what happened in the past (like what happened the last time the governments believed in witches, with Xander saying go watch the X-Men movie for what might happen this time), and also going on why it's better for the war against certain demons to be kept in the shadows than in the light of day. Don't make the best choice obvious.

And meanwhile, some powerful sorcerer is trying to gain the Scythe in order to run his own spell (perhaps he and his coven, and perhaps what Caleb was intending to do) in order to make all the Slayers his slaves (perhaps making it like the way Loki could affect people in the Avengers movie when he touched them with his staff)...and here's a twist...they have to destroy the Scythe which causes their Slayer powers to go away! (Okay, I know people would HATE that twist, so the problem would have to be resolved in some other way, at least destroying the Scythe wouldn't destroy their powers, though they should at least THINK it does when they do it.)

Any further seasons after that should all be spin-offs of various Slayer groups, and perhaps Willow and Dawn getting their own shows.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2017 ---
    I should probably point out that I think the government would get involved because an entire town turning into a crater (which would demand a huge public explanation) would definitely get their attention, and it's shown they have enough intel on Buffy and her group, and would scramble to get even more...because what if that was just the beginning? They'd need to nip that (and the potential threat that represents) in the bud fast, especially if they want to keep the supernatural secret (or at least become open about it and claiming "we have the situation under control"--famous last words in any show made by Joss Whedon :p).

13. Puppet

Black Thorn
    I don't hate that idea, what I always hated was the 'world full of an army of Slayers' concept. I like my Slayers, at most, 2 at a time :)

Last Watcher: The CHOSEN two!
    Athene likes this.
  14. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

Yes!!! Buffy, Faith and Dawn living together ndgksdfkhjfzh

Dawn becoming a watcher!!!! I still need that spinoff!

Monkey Pants likes this.
  15. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

A couple of things come immediately to mind:

1-In Robin Wood's final scene in "Chosen," when Faith thinks that he dies, then he comes to and says, "Surprise..." HE ACTUALLY DIED, and the First Evil reanimated his body as its new vessel. That could have led into a Season 8 with Wood/First Evil as the Big Bad.

2-An actual follow up of "The Girl In Question," with a genuine reunion in Rome for Buffy and Spike, a confrontation with the Immortal, and an actual explanation of what he/it really is (My idea would be that it was an incubus, a demon that feeds on the sexual energy of its victim, the same way that a vampire feeds on its victim's blood. Considering how just about every female in that episode was in lust for the guy, that would fit pretty well)

ChaseRules: I like your ideas .
    Puppet likes this.
  16. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    I'm seeing a lot of the storylines I'd wish for in the comics. Specifically I'm enjoying Spuffy, Dawn really coming into her own, and the Xander and Spike friendship. But the storyline that I'm still waiting for is one of the scoobies to have a kid. I'm shocked that hasn't been explored yet. It's such an important event in a person's life, and it would turn the parents' world upside down, which would make for a great inner conflict.

Guy, TriBel and Priceless like this.
  17. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

Just to be clear, I meant no more Slayer powers for anyone, not even Faith and Buffy, and it would be say Buffy who destroyed the Scythe knowing it (or at least believing it). That's what people would hate.

Still, I'm sure a simple "spell reversal" could be done that would reduce it down to the Chosen 2 (technically, if only one then it would be Faith since she was the last called Slayer before the Scythe spell). Or alternately, the damage could be reversed (but only after several episodes, perhaps even make it the season finale). People who have tasted the Slayer power and now bereft of it (especially those who came to let it become a core part of their identity, like Buffy who said for years, "I'm the Slayer") could look for ways to compensate (or to redo the spell to create the First Slayer, this time in Buffy)...and then cue a Rack-like character...

Puppet likes this.
  18. Riderofapocalypse

Riderofapocalypse Potential

Did a fanfic on this.
    Basically, want to see the next gen of slayers and witches and blah blah. With the main characters teaching. Only getting hands on either during major apocalyptic stuff happens, or, in the beginning when personally training Vi, Rona, Ken, etc. And more importantly, the television show be a Netflix original or on HBO to make gravity of the evil the Slayers face mean something.

Puppet likes this.
  19. TriBel

TriBel Potential

They can have all three of mine, Where do I send 'em? :)

20. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

There are a lot of elements from the comics which I wish we had seen on TV:

1) I love the Satsu character and the storyline of having a Slayer be in love with Buffy. I would have liked if Buffy was also attracted to her and it was a metaphor for Buffy falling in love with her own slayer side. (The last part was Sunalso's idea from Elysian Fields) I also loved the pregnant Buffy storyline - until it was revealed she was a robot - I would have liked to see Buffy dealing with abortion. Her conversation with Wood was also great.

2) There is so much Xander stuff I loved in the comics: Xander/Renee, Xander/Dracula, Xander/ducky PJs, Xander rejecting Buffy, Xander/PTSD, Xander/therapy, Xander/ghost Anya, Xander fixing and healing the demon world. The only thing I dislike is Xander/Dawn. I don't want it to happen.

3) I'd prefer for Willow to get a job like in the start of S9, and for her life to not be magic-strict. I want more in the real world Willow and see where her intelligence and computer wizness will take her.

4) The Giles/Faith friendship from the comics was wonderful and I would like to see it on screen.

5) Spike working for the police!!! And Spike and Xander being roommates for the third time, and Spike and Xander raising kittens! Also, the Spuffy. It's nice to see Spike in a healthy relationship.

6) Dawn in college, Dawn dating in college, Dawn cheating and getting cursed - not a giant but some kind of curse. I would have liked to see more of College Dawn and see her dating a boy from college.

7) I loved Angel and Faith S9, but I don't want the Twilight arc or for Giles to die. I don't know how we could get it without both happening.

Guy: I agree with 90% of what you said... But hey! Giant Dawn is the best Dawn!
    Blair: Agreed with all of this
    Blaze, Guy and Priceless like this.