1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Just finished season 1 for the first time. My first thoughts

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by redruM, Jul 30, 2015.

1. redruM

redruM Potential

No spoilers pls!

So, my initial impression through the first handful of episodes was that Angel = vampire Batman, but it became so much more than than in the latter half of season 1. I liked Doyle, but the season really hit its stride after he died. The last 5 episodes really got me hooked, whereas through the first 5 I felt I couldn't get into it.

Everyone was right, the show is darker than Buffy, but it still has comic relief and can be funny at times. Overall I'm glad it's more than just a Buffy redux; the show really can stand on its own two feet.

I'm starting season 2 today. I probably should have watched it alongside Buffy, but I pretty much remember everything that happened parallel to Angel.

GwenRaiden likes this.
  2. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I loved season 1. Which were your favourite episodes of the lot? I'm so jealous, I loved my first watch-through of Angel. Enjoy s2.

3. redruM

redruM Potential

I liked the episode where Angel is human for a day. I also liked both Faith episodes and the season finale.

Really liking what the show is doing with Cordellia, she's almost an entirely different person from Buffy. Great character development

thetopher, GwenRaiden and Fuffy Baith like this.
  4. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Yeah, Cordy's new attitude definitely fits in with the theme of atonement. Her hair looks amazing too.