1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

News New "Gilmore Girls" in 2016

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by VisionBoy, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Yes, and I get it from ASP's perspective, that she had a story she wanted to tell and a specific ending that she wanted, clearly she originally wanted this to be more around season 7 in terms of timeline. I really understand why she did it this way. But it also disappoints me because I wanted all of the girls to develop as much as Emily did :)

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  2. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I guess its just a way of showing Emily's snobby side. At heart I think she's a good person, but she still has that ugly side that comes out sometimes. Class is a big theme of GG.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2016 ---

Taake: Nope, I find them utterly charming, they're a highlight of the later seasons for me.
  3. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

She was too adamant to get Lorelai and Christopher together, she thought that Christopher was a better match for Lorelai than Luke not to mention the father of Lorelai's child. Luke had to go because of that I suppose.

Mr Trick likes this.
  4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Yeah good point, it might be that old fashioned conservative side coming out in Emily.

5. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

Well Luke has the wrong breeding. Because they are all horses apparently.

6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Can't believe that Luke doesn't like Dogs, would have pegged him for a Dog person for sure;)

I like the more downbeat move of season 6. Its a nice change of pace, and I think there's been some really powerful direction at times.

Its a brave direction to have Rory in such a low place and cut off from her mother for so long. When she found out about the eagement with Luke it was just heart breaking.

Enjoyed Paris bugging bugging Loreari and the workers at the Inn.

Does anyone else find TJ annoying? At first I found him amusing, but now I just think their giving him too much screen time considering there isn't much to the character and I know find his verbal traits grating.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  7. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Ron ****ing Swanson! in the Gilmore Girls is all that's to say really!!:p **** Satan!:D

Found it a bit annoying Sookie interfearing in the Gilmore's business.

Loreali watching old tapes on her own was depressing, but touching too.

8. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    I finally watched the revival! I have Mixed feelings. lol
    Yes! The men are looking good! When Logan showed up, I was like "damn, when did Logan get hot?" lol, cause I never was really attracted to him on the show. Jess still looks good too!

So overall I enjoyed it. I really liked the winter and spring episodes. Summer was terrible and pretty much all filler. Fall started off bad but ended well. I was really upset with the Rory and Logan stuff.

Emily was amazing though! Her story was soo great! I kind a like the comedy with her maid.lol.
    The standout is Paris though. She steals every scene she is in, and was hilarious! I think it's some of the best Paris ever!

I liked the joke about how forgettable Paul is, at first, then it just kept going on and on. I hated that musical, and I HATE the life and death brigade! I really, like absolutely hate, Colin and Finn. I didn't need to see them back.

I liked the scenes with Jess and Luke, that was great. Although why do we have this story of Liz and TJ if we never see them?

I'm sad we couldn't get more Sookie, but I thought her scene was great. Of course Sookie is gonna make the wedding cake!
    We definitely needed more Lane, that was sad.

Kirk is still great! Ooo-ber! lol. And his short film! Also Taylor was perfect as well! We didn't get enough Miss Patti though.
    I kinda like the joke of the 30-something gang. lol. I loved that they really wanted Rory to join them.

I also loved the Buffy references! I love Rory quoting Faith's "Five by five".

Taake: I will never understand why they thought the Paul thing was a good enough joke for even one episode, let alone four! Lol
    PassionBecoming likes this.
  9. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Fuffy Baith: Looks interesting, I want to check it out.
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  10. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

You...you take that back. Right now!!!

11. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I'm not saying that it doesn't lose something as a result, but at the same time I like when TV shows take a chance and do something different. Whether it pays off long term I will tell you when I get to the end of the season.

12. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I found out Netflix has all seven seasons today. So I've started with Season 1, Episode 1 :) It'll be a while before I watch A Year in the Life I think.... :D

Fuffy Baith: Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!
  13. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

Well the beginning of the Season is fine. It goes horribly wrong though at a certain episode with a certain new someone that's the equivalent of the shark jump.

Taake likes this.
  14. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Are you talking about Christopher by any chance?;) Yeah its a very up and down season. There are still lots of good things about it, but on balance I'd say it is turning into my least favourite season so far.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2017 ---
    Cool! It will be fun having another person to chat to about the show. I started watching it for the first time in October and am now on S6 so with a bit of luck you will be as hooked as me:D

15. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

Nope, not him. I'm talking about the character introduced in 6.09, in a true soap opera shark jumping storyline. After that the Dopey thing in S7 is just more of the same crap.

Slow pokes, the lot of you. Been watching since original airing.

16. Fuffy Baith

Sineya
    Yea I hate that trope! I really don't like that the show did it, it's a part of why I didn't like season 6 on my rewatch, I still need to watch 7, though. But yes, that is when the show jumps the shark. I think I'm going to start season 7 tonight. I've watched A Year in the Life Of once, but I've rewatched some of my favorite scenes over again, though. Paris is just so hilarious! lol

RomanticSoul likes this.
  17. Fuffy Baith

Sineya
    @Taake : I will never understand why they thought the Paul thing was a good enough joke for even one episode, let alone four! Lol

I actually thought it was funny when we saw him. But the minute he left the screen it should have been over. It wasn't funny that she keeps getting reminded to break up with him but then she doesn't and he breaks up with her in the end. Not to mention she was cheating on him with Logan and the wookie! That's what made it worse!

VisionBoy likes this.
  18. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Yes, it just made her look like a terrible person. Especially since he was really sweet and took care to be considerate to those around her as well. And the break-up was very undramatic, he should have been way more mad at her I.m.o.

This thread is starting to reach a limit, my tip for new viewers is to start a new thread where you can discuss the show. :)

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  19. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    How has a Gilmore Girls thread reached it's limit?! :eek: This show is clearly amazing and I've been missing out! :p

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  20. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

@RomanticSoul and @Fuffy Baith Oh I know who you mean now;) To be honest I'm still on the fence about that, depends where it leads.

I think the main problem with the S6 is that the humour sudderly feels like sitcomy in a way it didn't before.

It was nice seeing Jess again, and it had the desired impact on the show and Rory. He speaks the truth about Logan and mostly about Rory has become;)

It was quite beautiful the moment where mother and daughter came back together. Though Rory basically harassing the magazine editor into giving her job I didn't find too cute:eek:

I pretty much enjoy everything to do with Lane and the band. So it was good they got back to that, but her and Zach's bust-up does seem a bit too petty to care about. It made for good drama though.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.