1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

News New "Gilmore Girls" in 2016

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by VisionBoy, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VisionBoy

VisionBoy Scooby

Thoughts on the final episode...

* Nice cameo from Peter Krause, Lauren's real life boyfriend.
    * The title of Rory's book was obvious and yet so, so perfect. It made me "aww" inside.
    * Emily's speech to the DAR was amazing, as was her whole arc.
    * Lorelai's story phone call was beautifully acted. Another emotional scene.
    * On a really shallow note- Shirtless Logan, damn! Dean is looking good, damn! Did you see Jess' biceps? Damn!
    * The Sookie scene was nice. Shame she wasn't in it more, but at least she could make an appearance.
    * That wedding was crazy pretty. I'm with Taake though, it's a shame Sookie wasn't there.
    * I figured out the ending, but I liked it. It brought things full circle and I can totally understand why Amy always wanted it to end that way.

More general thoughts-
    * It's a shame that Paris and Doyle divorced.
    * I wish a bit more could have been done with Lane.
    * Also wish we could have seen more Jackson, but I guess having him around forces them to keep explaining why Sookie isn't.
    * Finally we got "Where You Lead" at the end. Wish we'd had a proper opening sequence, never underestimate a much a theme song can set the mood.
    * Stars Hollow the Musical is something I would totally see!

All in all, a very worth while revival. It felt like the series, it had a lot of emotional depth, some great comedy and it wrapped up the series in a very fitting way (in my opinion).
    Although I can see a lot of 'Not Fade Away' type conversations in my future; where I'm constantly arguing that it wasn't a cliff-hanger!

2. Hunga Munga

Hunga Munga Townie

I saw it:I loved it :cool:.

It is not without flaws.There were a few scenes/montages that felt more like a music video to me . A couple of gags felt overdone , one of them wasn't even funny :D .

Apart from that ,i was utterly smitten. I want the blu-ray ASAP . :)

3. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Agreed, lol.

My poor cold dead heart... ;) The book thing made my just roll my eyes, haha, I kind of hated it.

I agree that it wasn't a cliffhanger, that said, I have my own head-canon for what happens next
    Rory stays in Stars Hollow, has the baby, gets her masters/PHD and becomes a teacher at Chilton. Whatever guy she ends up with is irrelevant but I'm guessing the kid is Logan's and it'll be a bit of a Lorelai/Christopher thing there. I really love her career struggles in this revival, sometimes thing just don't work out like you planned it. I thought they handled this brilliantly and I would love for her to write her book but then become a teacher instead. Maybe write the occasional piece for something.

The one thing that disappoints me a little, is how stagnant the characters felt in a way in terms of relationships. Because Amy wasn't involved in season 7 it feels like, while she acknowledged it happened, the characters were emotionally (concerning romantic relationships) in the same place as season 6.
    Luke and Lorelai still have THE SAME problems, that scene where he yells at Lorelai that you shouldn't change things was just like being back in season 6, and Rory is - now after 9 years! - still hung up on Logan. I don't mind it in Rory's part technically, but I got the feeling that Logan being engaged to someone else due to "family commitments" or what not was always Amy's plan, rather than having him propose to her at the end of season 7, and that she just picked it up where she left off.

I still love that we got this, it was really lovely to watch and re-visit these characters. Greedy as I am I wish we could have gotten at least 6 episodes or so, to be able to explore more what's going on with the side characters as well. :)

4. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    I really enjoyed the revival! Unfortunately it seems many people did not though :/.

5. Taake

Black Thorn
    Really? People were truly disappointed? That's sad, I suppose that was bound to happen though, maybe they had something built up on their heads that they wanted to see.

6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Come Home was the best episode I've seen in season 5 so far.

Enjoyed Rory's reference to the UK version of the Office (shows you how on the ball this show is pop culture wise). Funny thing is I've heard an American admit that she too had trouble understanding what the characters were saying on the show:p

Sookie's addiction to Dark Shadows kinda makes me want to watch the show. Well it can't be any worse than the film version right?;)

Lane's mother showing Zack her baby photos and them agree on stuff has to be one of most surreal sights:)

WTF! Teletubbies! Watching that scene does make 2004/05 suddenly seem light years away.

Oh man did Emily go too far this time!:mad: Can see why Loreari is pissed! And really feel for Luke.

Feel for Marty too though they are hitting the misery drum with him a bit too hard. He should have watched Duck Soup with Rory again...

VisionBoy likes this.
  7. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Can't say I felt sorry for Emily the way Rory and Lorelai treated her. But at least she did the right thing in the end and it produced the correct result:)

8. VisionBoy

VisionBoy Scooby

They also made a couple of Ab Fab references, which pleased me greatly. :p

Mr Trick: Oh yeah picked up on at least one of those!
    Mr Trick likes this.
  9. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Can we talk without spoilers now? Please? :) I actually enjoyed the revival, a lot of the hate is on Tumblr.

Emily's arc was my favorite and I'm probably biased because she's my favorite character, but really it was such a journey and I never in a million years thought that she'd change this much.

10. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I think its a bit too soon. Its only been a week after all.:)

11. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I've always thought that Lorelai running away from her parents was the worst thing she ever did - denying them the right to get to know their granddaughter as well as disappearing on them like that, IMO so ungrateful and disrespectful to your own parents who IMO were good parents who loved their daughter dearly. From the way Lorelai talked about them I used to think they were abusive. They weren't. They never were. Yes, they could be controlling, but it was always with her best interests in mind.

12. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I think there was fault on both sides. To be to Lorelai she was only 16 at the time. When you see how controlling her parents are during the series I think you can see Lorelai's prespective. But in this case I was talking about when Emily interfered in her daughter's relationship with Luke and actually caused the break up. Not only was that a horrible thing to do, but she did it for no good reason and was looking down on Luke just because he's working class.

13. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Really like the actor playing Logan's father. Can't remember his name, but he's a really good character actor. He was a riot in the film Slither:p

Kirk staying at the Gilmores' is like a match made in heaven;)

I bet Rory will live to regret not listening to her Mum's relationship advice.

14. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Paris going all Eurovision was a delight!:p

So guess Rory's a working girl now, hah?

Yeah that article will be interesting...;)

Really felt for Loreali at that dinner. Think she made some points about Richard and Emily.

15. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

I've read so much about the revival (had no desire to see it) that I pretty much know everything that happened. Including everything I've feared would happen with ASP at the helm. I'm not sure if ever want to see it (except for Emily's story line). But yeah plenty people liked the revival, some loved and and quite a few hated a lot of it.

I'm waiting until all the revival stuff has quieted down over on previously. tv so I can discuss GG again. If anyone wants to join there to discuss GG or just read peoples opinion get there. If you want to know who is me I'll tell you my username gladly and discuss it with you.

16. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Agreed. Some accounts I've seen paint Rory as a bitch who just expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and she seems shocked when that doesn't happen. This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I don't like Rory. I didn't like her in the last few seasons of Gilmore Girls and it seems like she's even worse in the revival.

RomanticSoul likes this.
  17. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Lane's Mum helping her and the band get a tour was a really sweet moment. So unexpected:p

Really like the conflict between Lorelai and Rory over her jumping out of Yale. It was a very well done scene and really credible. Have to say that Emily and Richard's idea to move Rory into their place was actually pretty sound thinking. There is quite a bit of fresh story possibities there too.

The first episode of season six was solid, but I can see how this could be a challenging season based on the set up.

@Taake Okay, I actually think you might be right about Logan.;) He's not so bad, just a bit too middle of the road as a character. I tend to agree that it is his friends who are more annoying.:rolleyes:

Fuffy Baith: Yea season 6 is my least favorite
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  18. Taake

Black Thorn
    Emily's arc was my favorite too, it was the only one that felt like real progress (I felt like the Rory and Lorelai characters were rather stagnant, like they hadn't changed at all from seasons 6), and the one that moved and surprised me the most. It was really beautiful.

I did really enjoy the revival though, there were disappointments but not really anything to hate.

Not sure you meant to tag me here, I love Logan's friends, I don't find them annoying at all.

19. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

OMG finally a fellow Rory hater on here. I was beginning to lose hope. :p I like HS Rory and first year college Rory. Soon as she sleeps with a married man though it's all downhill.

Lane and Mama Kim is my favorite mother/daughter relationship on GG. Their relationship and the development of it over the years is beautiful. It's basically Lorelai/Emily but where the latter relationship stayed the same the other actually progressed. And for one simple reason. Lane and Mrs. Kim put their love for each other over anything else.

Well I like S6 until episode 8. And then I pretend the rest of the Season doesn't exist. I'm no fan of Pod!Lorelai or SadFace!Lorelai and I hate Lobotomized!Luke. Most other characters are insufferable, especially the townies. If you watch the show for other things then it probably won't be so bad for you.

I think the problem many people have is two-fold. For one that ASP pretty much ignored S7 and that lead to problems in the story. And two, that it feels like this story would have been better suited taking place 2-3 years post S7 and not 8 years later, especially since characters like Lorelai, Rory and Luke are stagnant as you said.

20. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I agree. You're talking about S5. I kinda thought it was out of character for Emily considering she was particularly pushing Lorelai to admit she likes Luke in S1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.