1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Once More, with Podcast Episode 12: Cave People Didn't Have Sandwiches!

Discussion in 'Buffy-Boards News' started by Athena, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    med_image.jpg

Welcome to our first anniversary podcast - a very special episode for a few reasons! @Taake and I didn't make this public knowledge on the boards, but at the start of June I flew to Stockholm to meet the legend behind the name of Taake and record this very special episode :) We got on like a house falling down all around us :D

This episode marks a milestone for being our 1st birthday episode, but it's also our first 'live podcast' together rather than over Skype, our first live watch episode (watch along with us if you can!) and also our first drunk podcast :p

We thank you for listening for the past year, we welcome new listeners with wine-laden open arms and we look forward to another year of haphazard, giggly, lo-prep podcasting for Buffy Boards. To download this episode, click on the funky image below:

InstagramEp12.jpg
    You can search for the podcast on your iTunes, Doggcatcher, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, or whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts and subscribe to us :D

As you've probably guessed, we're live watching Beer Bad. We start playing the episode at around the 10 minute mark and everything you hear happens in real time, including the consumption of a very nice Pinot Grigio ;) As always, any feedback or comments, let us know.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Hunga Munga likes this.
  2. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I totally guessed you were going to Sweden back when you mentioned going abroad alone, and I figured for the anniversary podcast! I'm very smart.

Taake and Carrie Hopewell like this.
  3. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Geees, leave something for the imagination, will you? :p

Anyway, I do hope you guys enjoy our Beer Bad ramblings :)

4. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    Parker is an asshole, but unlike Buffy he knows that the world doesn't revolve around him (I'm rewatching season 7 and Buffy thinks that she's the queen of the world...:rolleyes:)

Joss didn't address this issue well at all, it gives the wrong message...

Overall, it was a good drunk podcast (I didn't drink while listening to this).

5. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Did you watch the episode while listening, or just listen?

Smile Time: I just listened
  6. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

"She sees Willow and a primeval instinct awakes in her." I think I know the feeling.

I agree with Taake on Parker. Buffy spends too much time whining over Parker. What does he do the first time we see him? He tells Buffy some airy bullshit to impress her and then he lies to get rid of her in the morning. Guy is practically a Nazi, no? He should be in jail. If your worst sexual experience was Parker, then you got off easy. At least he does not write messages in his victims' blood to taunt you.

Then they retroactively make Parker douchier to justify Buffy's feelings and Riley beats him up, as if he have been reading from The Wesley Price handbook of Random Violence. I don't know why this bothers me so much. I usually enjoy seeing Buffy's human side. This is just a tad too human. You're supposed to be a hot chick with superpowers, remember?

I think I would slut-shame a lot more if I could say slut the way Athena does. Slut, slut, slut, slut, slut, slut, slut, slut, slut, slut. Argh! :mad: Can't get the hang of it.

Taake, if you ever need a babysitter...