1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Once More, with Podcast Episode 4: Big Overture, Little Show

Discussion in 'Buffy-Boards News' started by Athena, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Episode 4 of the official Buffy Boards podcast Once More, with Podcast, is now available to download from BB Radio, and on your podcast app now too! You can search for the podcast on your iTunes, Doggcatcher, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, or whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts and subscribe to us :D

[​IMG]

This episode, we reveal the winners of the Halloween poll. Yes, there was a tie for top place! Halloween & Fear, Itself were the worthy winners. Sorry fans of All The Way & Life of the Party. Next year you'll get your way.;)

Thanks to everyone who voted, hope you enjoy the episode!

Any feedback or comments? Please let us know below! :)

Guy and Fuffy Baith like this.
  2. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

Finally managed to listen. Great as usual, and really nice to know you are getting a following on the podcast apps, hopefully it'll bring some more people to the boards.

All The Way is actually a really good episode, though not as good as the two you discussed. The old toymaker is really creepy, Tara and Willow get into an excellent 'this is a grown up relationship' fight, which I enjoyed, and Dawn falls for a vampire, just like her sister :D

Taake: Well now you're making me want to watch All the way :)
    Guy likes this.
  3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Going to try and have a catch up this week. Think I need to sign back up to i-tunes or something as my media player has gone the blink:(

4. Athena

Black Thorn
    If iTunes isn't working for you, you can use any podcast player on your iPhone (I asked my iPhone-loving husband, he confirmed this!)

Thanks Priceless! :D

At the moment we have had almost 100 independent downloads (which is 99 more than we were expecting!). We don't have details stats on who they are, where they are or which episodes they've downloaded, but we have a rough idea on numbers per day. It's really fascinating to see, but I don't actually think anyone, as yet, has joined the boards based on listening (but hopefully this'll change with time) :)

To be honest, I just really enjoy recording these. Taake & I always have such a blast! I wish we could do more but sadly neither of us has the time. :(

Mr Trick: Thanks, actually don't have a i-phone, but have managed to convent the file. Will be suscribing to the podcast soon.
    Taake likes this.
  5. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    @Taake and @Athena , you guys are cool too :D

Great podcast, as usual :)

It's only the 4th podcast, it will probably happen with time.

It's OK, the quality of the podcasts is more important than the quantity.

Taake, Athena and Fuffy Baith like this.
  6. Athena

Black Thorn
    Quality?! Are you sure you're listening to the right podcast?! :p

I know we could definitely improve the quality. It's really difficult to be 'professional' though. I guess I'd like a nice mix of personality and semi-professionalism, with more emphasis on personality. I'd much prefer our podcast to be fun and entertaining, than boring and stuffy. ;)

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  7. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

That's actually amazing! You and Taake are great, as is the podcast, but in all honesty I wouldn't have expected so many people would be interested, especially because it isn't a review show like the poplular ones on PoTN and Dusted. Keep up the good work! :D

Taake: Thank you :)
  8. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Professional Schmofessional, who needs it! :p My favorite podcast right now is "My favorite murder" and they're about as far from professional as it gets and it's awesome. :D

Athena: Don't you mean second favourite?! :-p
  9. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Thanks for the shoutout. lol. Always listen to my ideas, they are the best. lol. I watched both these episodes on Halloween. I really love them. I think I like Halloween just a hair more, but Fear, Itself is great too. I think they are good episodes that explore the characters identities and where they are at in those seasons. Good podcast though guys! Like always! lol.

10. Bloody William

Bloody William Potential

Had a listen to this this afternoon and I was very impressed! Sounded very professional, well done @Athena and @Taake !!

'Fear, Itself' is the slight winner for me, it is pretty tense in places and the comic ending is great!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Fuffy Baith likes this.