1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Once More, with Podcast Episode 6: 12% Of A Moment

Discussion in 'Buffy-Boards News' started by Athena, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Episode 6 of the official Buffy Boards podcast Once More, with Podcast, is now available to download from BB Radio, and on your podcast app now too! You can search for the podcast on your iTunes, Doggcatcher, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, or whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts and subscribe to us :D

[​IMG]

To celebrate the festive period, and our 6 month podcast birthday, we decided to do something a little different and discuss Joss Whedon's Avengers & Avengers: Age of Ultron movies.

It's something I was really excited to talk about, as the Avengers movies aren't discussed on the boards, even though technically they are Whedonverse, so Taake acquiesced just this once. :D Six A4 pages of notes later and I was ready to discuss one of my all time favourite movies (and the slightly inferior sequel)

This is a one-off discussion on the Avengers, and the MCU. Normal Buffy/Whedonverse service will be resumed in January.

Any feedback or comments? Please let us know :)

(PS I know I probably got some comic book history slightly wrong..... but feel free to correct me should you need to!) :p

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  2. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    Great podcast.

You also talked about Agent Carter, which pleasantly surprised me :D

Athena: I loved Agent Carter, and was so sad when they cancelled it.
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  3. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Very fun podcast! I love the Marvel movies. Taake, Cap is my favorite! You have to watch The Winter Soldier and Civil War to better understand his character. I'm with you Athena I loved Agent Carter! Don't like Agents of SHIELD though. Haven't seen the Netflix shows expect for Jessica Jones. But the movies is where it's at for me, I'm super excited for Thor 3! As for the Avengers movies, I've seen Age of Ultron more because I own it, but it's not as fun as the first movie. Joss did great with that! I think the quick turn around to shoot the second movie was probably the hardest thing for him, plus adding in so much more elements. A little more time I think he could have done better but I still really like Age of Ultron. He really should do the Black Widow movie, because even non fans like Taake want one! Lol. Get on it Marvel!

Athena: Winter Soldier is amazing! And I'm excited for Thor 3 too.
  4. Athena

Black Thorn
    I honestly could have carried on for several more hours. I'm quite gutted actually, as there was so much more I wanted to talk about - the history of the production, the production notes, links to Joss' other shows in more detail, the script, deleted scenes..... but, well, maybe I need a dedicated MCU podcast for that.... ;)

Guy and Fuffy Baith like this.
  5. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Haha! I know what you mean. There's so much more to talk about! A podcast for the MCU would be great. I have a feeling it would be hours of you talking. Lol. Storywonk (the people that do the Dusted podcast) have a MCU podcast but unfortunately for me they are doing everything in chronological order, including Agents of Shield, so it's gonna be years before they get to the new Marvel movies! I really don't like that! :mad:. Lol. I just want to talk about the movies! And maybe agent carter. Lol

6. Athena

Black Thorn
    I know, right?! I love the Storywonk podcasts, but I struggle with We can do this all day, for the same reasons as you. I just want the movies, Agent Carter and the Netflix stuff. I don't care about the hundred episodes they've done of Agents of Shield. :rolleyes:

Fuffy Baith: I'm with ya! Get out of here Agents of Shield! Lol
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  7. Athena

Black Thorn
    Also, if anyone can point out the two glaringly obvious post-production edits I had to make (because I got the info wrong!) then you win a prize!* :D

*The prize is my utmost respect for being so observant!

8. Athena

Black Thorn
    Just to anyone who has downloaded and listened in the past, if you haven't already, please take a moment to rate the podcast in the iTunes store, as the higher the rating and number of ratings, the higher our little podcast will be in the listings of Buffy podcasts. More people will hopefully see it and subscribe. ;)

Remember, we do this podcast not only because we love it, but we want you guys to love it and we want other people to find it and hopefully they'll love it too. Your feedback is really important to us. If there's something you don't like, let us know. We'll try to take all comments and constructive criticism onboard and make the Buffy Boards podcast one of the best thematic Buffy podcasts out there. :D

Suggestions for topics are always welcome :)

Taake likes this.
  9. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    I think that there should be a deticated thread for podcast suggestions, it will make it easier to suggest ideas, which might lead to more subscribers as the topics will be more varied.

10. Athena

Black Thorn
    I agree. It's weird though as I'm sure there was one originally but for some reason I can't find it. I'll have another look but if I can't, I'll open a new one. :)

11. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Looking forward to this one!:)

12. Riderofapocalypse

Riderofapocalypse Potential

didn't think i'd be to interested in this episode, Turn's out i was pleasantly surprised. Athena did a pretty good job with her explinations

Athena: Thank you :-)
  13. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    Finally listened to it! GREAT podcast! I'd love another one on the MCU :)

Oh, the Avengers DEFINITELY "needed the push" from Fury. Sure, there was an alien invasion, but they already demonstrated that they can't work together even when the stakes are that high ("You people are so petty. And tiny..."). They needed the push to really understand that the situation is BIGGER than them.

So, that "I guess he never did get you to sign them" scene is one of my favorite scenes of the film.

Also, 'The Winter Soldier' is overrated...

As for Hulk... I think he can still sorta control himself when he hulks out. When he goes on a rampage on the hellicarrier, that's mostly because he was ALREADY angry at everyone around him - he thought they brought him there to lock him up, he saw that they were developing weapons of mass destruction, he was influenced by the rage-inducing scepter, etc...
    That's why he says "That's my secret, Cap - I'm always angry" in the end - the secret isn't some clever trick, the secret is that the hulk is always there, and he only attacks people that Bruce already wants to attack.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017