1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Premiere vs Finale: When She Was Bad or Becoming Pt 2

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by Joshua, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

These two are some of S2's best episodes but which do you prefer?

The Premiere Episode: "When She Was Bad"
    or
    The Finale Episode: "Becoming, Pt. 2"?

Fun fact both of these episodes are Bangel episodes

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  2. Priceless

Priceless I am now

Becoming Pt 2 without a doubt. It's a classic, often chosen as the best episode of the whole show. I don't actually enjoy When She Was Bad because I don't like my Buffy bad, we've got Faith for that nonsense :)

3. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Becoming pt 2 is the better episode but I really like When She Was Bad. I love Bangel!

Mylie likes this.
  4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Becoming Part 2 is one of the best episodes ever so it has to be that. But I do like WSWB and think its overlooked by many people.

5. Stoney

Stoney Spiked!

I love S2 it's great, but damn I love the whole show! There is no comparison between WSWB and Becoming Pt2 though, the finale wins hands down for me. :)

Puppet likes this.
  6. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    Actually When She Was Bad is one of my least favorite season 2 episodes, mainly because of Buffy and Xander in the bronze. Cringe x 1000. And any episode where Buffy mistreats her friends bothers me, even though she usually has reason to. Also Becoming Part 2 is my favorite episode of the series so that beats all.

Puppet, Priceless and thrasherpix like this.
  7. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

I also don't like WSWB because of how Buffy mistreats her friends...it leaves a very similar feeling as when her friends dogpile Buffy in Dead Man's Party. While I can understand why they'd all be hurt and feeling the effects of the trauma (and I could even see how Buffy would actually come to resent Xander for saving her life since she'd come to accept that she was therefore going to have to die AGAIN rather than letting it be over so at a gut level she could be as mean as she was to Xander in WSWB, though also probably hating herself for it at the same time), it just dives right into the angst, and then at the end it's magically okay. It's not only painful to see, it just doesn't feel right to me somehow.

Becoming, however, is iconic to Buffy, and arguably Buffy's finest moment in what she's able to do, though at great sacrifice to herself. It's actually far more painful than WSWB, and yet it somehow comes off as very satisfying to me story-wise (though I was very glad to know more seasons followed as I watched it the first time), though Buffy is in a terrible place (as are her mother and friends, though I'm gonna say Buffy has a lot more to deal with) as the dust clears.

Puppet and Fool for Buffy like this.
  8. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

... and Faith thought she had game.

9. Jam

Jam Pepper spray is just so passé

I really like 'When She Was Bad' and consider it to be very underrated; given the lighthearted "We saved the world, I say we party!" tone season 1 left off on, it would be easy to go into season 2 and not address the trauma Buffy went through in 'Prophecy Girl.' I love how 'WSWB' and 'Becoming' both touch on the recurring theme that is Buffy's loneliness. With that being said, 'Becoming' is my favourite episode of the series! As much as I like 'WSWB' it's not really a fair comparison between these two episodes.

Stoney and Carrie Hopewell like this.