1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question About Snyder

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Agent Z, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z Townie

We know he knew about the Hellmouth and all the weird occurrences in Sunnydale. But did he know about Buffy being the Slayer and the Mayor's Ascension? For the latter it seems the answer is no given his reaction in the finale of season 3. For the former, I don't recall him ever using the word Slayer. Is it possible Snyder wasn't really a villain all along but just someone being manipulated by the Mayor?

2. Puppet

Puppet Hands in the hair!

Black Thorn
    I absolutely believe that Snyder was a villain, albeit a human one with limited powers of what he could do. Whether or not he'd ever heard the term Slayer spoken before, I don't doubt that he knew that Buffy was the only thing standing between the monsters and the innocents of the town, but as far as he was concerned, the prestigious mayor asked him to do a job and he would damn well get it done!

I don't think he knew about the Ascension, however on the off-chance that he did, maybe he didn't know when it would take place?

3. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

He knew there was something weird about Buffy. Snyder knew it was vampires that raided the school in School Hard, and he later told Buffy that the police in Sunnydale were deeply stupid. He reported on Buffy to the Mayor even in season 2. I doubt he knew of the Ascension, however, he just probably thought he was in some cabal trying to "keep order" in the school as part of a larger effort to maintain order in the community.

You might find this old thread interesting as well:

Speculation on Principal Snyder's background.

4. Agent Z

Agent Z Townie

Thank you.

5. bafshd

bafshd who-whatting-how-with-huh

Yes I agree it seems he wasn't told everything and he just thought he was keeping everything in check. And of course, Buffy is a "troublemaker" so he dislikes her. He's the typical high school principal that wants students to move in an orderly fashion and not make to much noise.

6. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

If Band Candy gives us a glimpse of a young Snyder (which would explain maybe why he went into teaching as an idealistic young man), what do you think happened to turn him into the cynical Snyder that makes Buffy's life hell?

7. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    If you ask me Snyder was picked on in school when he was younger so he became a principle to be in charge for once . And I sure he knew something was wrong but since he didn't like kids he didn't care what Buffy was doing but went along with the Mayor who gave him the power he wanted .

And I don't think he knew about the Mayor becoming a demon for the simple reason he didn't need to know .

bafshd: totally agree
    Puppet likes this.
  8. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    Snyder lived in ignorant ignorance. In other words he may have known about the supernatural and that the Mayor knew but as far as evil and big picture, he had no idea that he actually had no idea.

Puppet: Love your sig! :D
  9. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    And he was too stuck to to care about anything but himself.