1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Questions in Buffy love life in season 8

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by RogueDemonHunter, May 1, 2012.

1. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I htink that was based on one off-handed comment when Joss said 'Xander is the closest representation of me in high school, but the more action nwith girls he gets the less that becomes true.' I'm paraphrasing but that's basically what he said.
    I agree that its nonsense, since Xander's 'rejection' of Buffy is just him simply telling her the truth, which is what he has always done.

I mean, all writers have characters they empathise with. For David Greenwalt its Angel, For Tim Minear its Faith, for Jane Espenson it's Spike, etc. It doesn't mean they always have an agenda.
    Xander does/says a few fairly crappy things on the show- he's a character with strengths and faults, not Joss' Mary Sue.

Yeah, shippers man. Crazy.

Or if that room happens to be a cold, dank crypt? *shudder* like sleeping next to a corpse.
    I'd call that a fetish. Definitely.

vellavu likes this.
  2. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Poor Xander will always be doomed to be viewed as the kid he was in high school. It doesn't matter that he got over Buffy, it doesn't matter that he fell in love with other women, it doesn't matter that he gets promotions at work and has a good income, it doesn't matter that he matured and changed. He. Will. Always. Be. The. Nice. Guy. TM. Loser. Who. Is. Good. For. Nothing.

gite63, EVIL UU and vellavu like this.
  3. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    I'd just like to make the suggestion that, the same way it's acceptable to be of the opinion that Buffy is gay/bi that it's also acceptable to feel she is straight. As long as it's a character-driven reasoning for that, it's just as valid and it's a shame people are condemned for it.

4. EVIL UU

EVIL UU Scooby

This one I find particularly ridiculous. Willow's previous girlfriends, Tara and Kennedy, died. We're what, surprised that she dates an immortal?! I mean, yeah, OK, snake, really long one in fact, deceitful, looks kinda like a monster of the week circa season 2, true, but hey, she's cute, smart, great in bed, I presume.

Shippers. Man, for people who supposedly celebrate romantic relationships they really lack empathy.

Blaze: Kennedy dies!?
    vellavu: @Blaze Between S7 and S8. Mystical death. Revived.
    vellavu and VisionBoy like this.
  5. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    Are people being condemned for thinking that Buffy is straight? I've not seen it on the thread but that would be a strange thing to do. She's around 30 years old now and has had sex with one woman twice. Offset against that is her sex, dates and relationships with males for 15 or so years. She also explains to the one woman that she sleeps with that she is actually straight and there's no future in it. We've not seen her express any interest in other women in the whole time we've been following the character.

So if you're of the opinion that once you've slept with a man and a woman then you're bi then fair enough. Other than that it would seem pretty clear that she's a straight woman that had sex with another woman a couple of times.

6. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Well, saying that Buffy is straight doesn't often elicit a kind response from some fans. I was just reminding people, because it seems like even in this thread that's not an accepted pov.

gite63 and The Bronze like this.
  7. gite63

gite63 Gone

Sineya
    I know that Kennedy's mystical death was cited by Willow - but there isn't any comic book about it, is there?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  8. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    Wait, so Kennedy died and no one gave a shit?!

Sorry for the off topicness, but dam, I'm sad she's dead!

Edit: I just saw vellavu's reply, I'm just gonna gently walk out the door now, those comics are too confusing.

gite63: Good that vellavu was here sooner!
    GwenRaiden: "gently walk out the door" made me laugh. It sounds very Buffyverse-speak.
  9. EVIL UU

EVIL UU Scooby

@gite63
    There's nothing. All we've got is this:

Kennedy:
    You know I'd die for you...oh wait - I did! Admittedly, it was mystical and kind of mellow.... But headline: death!

and this:

Buffy:
    Well, how you been? How's Kennedy? Are you still-
    Willow: She died.
    Buffy: Willow...
    Willow: Oh no! She's fine! Mystical thing, only lasted a month. We're just taking it slow for a while. She's sort of in her own space, but it's cool. I always tell that wrong.

Season 8 definitely is, later on it gets better.

Blaze: The worst is I've actually read s8
    Blaze likes this.
  10. gite63

gite63 Gone

Sineya
    NOOOO! She's not dead. Sorry for the scare.

I would like to read this story. Why aren't they doing minis anymore?

Blaze likes this.
  11. EVIL UU

EVIL UU Scooby

Because you can't sell them as trade paperbacks. Anyway, the time to tell that story was obviously in season 8, now is too late. Why wasn't it done then? Because season 8, that's why -_-