1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rank the songs from OMWF

Discussion in 'Season 6' started by Samuel Reyes, Sep 6, 2015.

1. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

Where Do We Go From Here?
    Standing/Under Your Spell (reprise)
    Standing
    Rest in Peace
    I've Got a Theory
    Walk Through the Fire
    Something to Sing About
    What You Feel
    What you feel (reprise)
    Under Your Spell
    Going Through the Motions
    I'll Never Tell
    Dawn's Lament

Understand we'll go hand in hand
    But we'll walk alone in fear
    Tell me!
    Where do we go from here?

2. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer "I got these evil hand issues..."

Black Thorn
    All of the songs are lovely...but Under Your Spell really brings tears to my eyes. I can feel Amber's voice in my heart. Even talking about it makes me a little teary. So beautiful.

Mr Trick: Right there with you.
    Mr Trick likes this.
  3. Scary and Veiny

Scary and Veiny Darth Rosenberg

I just rewatched this yesterday, so thought I'd try a ranking.

1.) Under Your Spell
    2.) Something To Sing About (that sour note when Buffy says "heaven" is just heart-wrenching.)
    3.) Standing (& Standing/Under Your Spell Reprise)
    4.) What You Feel
    5.) I've Got A Theory (ranked as high as it is for the bunnies part, otherwise pretty much tied with Rest In Peace)
    6.) Rest In Peace
    7.) Walk Through The Fire
    8.) Going Through The Motions
    9.) Where Do We Go From Here
    10.) I'll Never Tell
    11.) Dawn's Lament

This was hard, because I pretty much love all the music from this episode.

4. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Rest in Peace and Walk through the Fire are my two favourites followed by I'll never tell.

Dawn's lament is my least favourite, everything else is middling. The one bit about something to sing about I don't like is the last few heaven's then the living bits because it sounds weird compared to the rest of the song.

5. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    I thought Sweet himself sang the best part of the show, complete with softshoe routine. I believe it was called "That's What it's All About". And no love for David Fury singing "They Got the Mustard Out"? Or Marti Noxon singing the "No Parking" song? Even the "Grrh, Arrgh" at the end is sung.

6. MCatMC

MCatMC Townie

Sineya
    1: Under your spell
    2: I'll never tell
    3: Rest in peace
    4: Standing/Under your spell reprise
    5: Life's a Show
    6: I've got a theory
    7: Through the fire
    8: Where do we go from here
    9: Something to sing about
    10: Going though the motions

7. Priceless

Priceless I am now

1. Where Do We Go From Here
    2. I'll Never Tell.
    3. Rest In Peace
    4. Life's A Show
    5. I've Got A Theory

The others are good, but I can't rank them. My top 5 are pretty much unchanging

8. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    Wow, I can't believe that so few people here rank 'Walk Through the Fire' at number 1. Come on, people! That's CLEARLY the best song! It's so beautiful, and heartbreaking and empowering at the same time! And EVERYONE sings in it, and all the voices blend together so beautifully, and it has the disturbing-and-hearbreaking-yet-powerful-and-cathartic suicide vibe going, and it just BUILDS and BUILDS until that huge climax... It HAS to be number 1!

/End rant.

The Bronze likes this.
  9. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

@Guy I agree "Walk through the fire" is the best song, everyone sounds like they're supposed to rather than being made to sing in too high a note.

Guy likes this.
  10. EffyStonem

EffyStonem Guest

1. Walk Through The Fire
    2. Under Your Spell
    3. Under Your Spell/Standing Reprise
    4. What You Feel
    5. I'll Never Tell
    6. I've Got A Theory
    7. Going Through The Motions
    8. Standing
    9. Something To Sing About
    10. Rest In Peace

11. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    1. Where Do We Go From Here
    2. Under Your Spell
    3. Something To Sing About
    4. Going Through The Motions
    5. Walk Through The Fire
    6. Let Me Rest In Peace
    7. Standing
    8. I've Got a Theory / Bunnies / If We're Together
    9. I'll Never Tell
    10. What You Feel
    11. Standing / Under Your Spell (Reprise)
    12. Dawn's Lament

12. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    I just like the fact that Alyson didn't think she could sing so asked not to have any solo parts, so she got the line....
    'I think this lines mostly filler'.

Also, in Joss Wedon's commentary for 'Under your spell' he points out that the last line that Tara sings when the girls are on the bed together
    (You make me complete) was cut halfway through the last word, giving it a whole new meaning ;) Naughty, Naughty Joss :D

Oh, & if you watch Amber in the background during 'Something to sing about' she dances into
    one of the pillars, then gets a fit of the giggles.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    The Ferg and Fuffy Baith like this.
  13. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    I've just listened to the soundtrack on Spotify. First time listening with decent headphones and not just watching the episode. You get a whole new appreciation for how good the songs actually are and how impressive the singing is. Walk Through the Fire is the stand out song for me. Probably Standing/Under Your Spell next and then Rest in Peace. Sweet is fantastic as well.

14. The Ferg

The Ferg Mine is an evil laugh!

So I was about to list every song from worst to best but I found it impossible. I think my favorite is the opener, Going Through the Motions, but I love every single song.

15. Puppet

Puppet Hands in the hair!

Black Thorn
    Ooh, one of my favorite episodes, love it. Let's do this!

12. Dawn's Lament. Of course, since it doesn't really count as a song, imo. Guess that was the point, but still.
    11. What You Feel. I'm listening to it as I'm writing this and I love it, but I love the others more, so there you go :)
    10. Where Do We Go From Here? Very lovely, but technically also cut short. I love the bit with the hands, very well directed and staged.
    9. I've Got a Theory. Nothing better than Anya singing about her bunny fear and I love Buffy saying that they're in it together.
    8. Going Through the Motions. Great way to start the episode and so fitting with what we've seen Buffy behaving like up till this.
    7. I'll Never Tell. That dance number, tho...
    6. Standing. Doesn't make Giles decision to leave any less bitter, but at least it tells the viewers more about his reasons than he tells the gang.
    5. Something to Sing About. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, so emotional and all, but I just don't find it as impressive as the next four.
    4. Walk Through the Fire. Uh, I just love it when everybody harmonizes like this, and that cut with the firetruck, so well done.
    3. Under Your Spell. Because Tara *sigh* love that girl and feel so bad for her throughout this whole thing, being under Willow's actual spell...
    2. Rest in Peace. This is the only one of these that I actually have on my MP3 player and I cannot listen to it enough. JM has such an amazing voice!
    1. Under Your Spell/Standing (Reprise). It may be short, but the harmonizing of ASH and Amber is just, out of this world, I love it, and it always serves to tear me up. Definitely my favorite, hands down!

16. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    I've already done some rankings today so I'll give this one a shot as well. I love them all though, so I'm not sure if this is my final opinion.

11. I've Got a Theory- It's not that important for the first minute or so, but I do love Anya's bunnies rant. How can you not? Once it gets to Buffy's part though it gets pretty meaningful.
    10. Going Through The Motions- Sarah isn't that great of a singer, but I love her fighting going along with the lyrics. And the dancing demons are quite entertaining.
    9. What You Feel- Sweet is a great villain and singer. Dawn's lines are very funny as well.
    8. Under Your Spell- I know this song is adored by lots of fans but as Tara is singing I'm thinking of every lyric's double meaning and how ticked I am by Willow's betrayal.
    7. Something to Sing About- Sarah's singing is okay, but her dancing is really good. I love Spike's entrance. He saves her just like he fantasized about doing.
    6. Standing- ASH is so good it must have been embarrassing for most of the cast to watch him. I still don't forgive Giles for leaving though.
    5. I'll Never Tell- Xander and Anya are so cute together, why does this song have to be so accurate? Why can't they just be afraid of the problems but get married anyway?
    4. Rest In Peace- Spike is a great singer and this song is an interesting unknown side to his feelings for Buffy. I love how he roles his eyes once he realizes he is singing.
    3. Walk Through the Fire- This song gives me chills. It's so brilliantly written. It's only number 3 but it may be number one next time I watch.
    2. Under Your Spell/ Standing Reprise- Thank goodness the two best singers got to do a duet, because it is perfect. AB and ASH should record an album together.
    1. Where Do We Go From Here/ Coda- Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear. What an incredible line. I'm including the Spike and Buffy ending because it's really the same song, just two people singing different stuff. The group is singing about whether or not the curtain will close on a kiss. And then it does. Wow.

HowiMetdaSlayer: have the same top 2 :)
    HowiMetdaSlayer and Priceless like this.