1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the last movie you've seen #21

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Athena, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    I saw that 'The Falling man' advertised but decided against watching it.......glad I did by the sound of things.....

Taake likes this.
  2. Blair

Blair Scooby

Last night I watched Power Rangers.

Fricken awesome movie! Not only was there a lesbian character, but a character who's on the Autism spectrum, a character who's a carer for his mother. The movie dealt with real life issues as well as being just super heroes.

Bit of nostalgia in there. I didn't know at the time, but I saw the guitarist from my band at the movies. I joined him and we totally geeked out the whole way through. Kudos to the movie for including the "Go go Power Rangers" original song.
    Awesome soundtrack as well.

This is one of those times I wanna buy the DVD straight away and I haven't said that in years.

10/10.

Carrie Hopewell: I haven't seen the movie or watched the Power Rangers series, but you're really selling! Makes me want to watch the movie too :)
  3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Won! Just won! Never expected a 10/10 rating for a Power Rangers review:p Think I will have to see it now, thanks for highlighting those things:)

4. Blair

Blair Scooby

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Only down point was quite a character change from Rita and Alpha but I loved their newer versions. I'm half contemplating in going seeing it again tonight. That's how amazing it was.

Yep, movie of the year for me. And Pitch Perfect 3 is supposed to be out this year, but nope, Power Rangers all the way. I was grinning like a kid throughout the whole thing. Just pure gold.

5. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Are you a fan of the original shows and source material or were you coming in fresh to this?

To be fair my local Mutiplex shows films for 4.99 so for that I would be willing to give it a look:)

6. Blair

Blair Scooby

I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Saturday mornings come at me.

7. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    I have been hearing good reviews for this movie. I loved the power rangers as a kid. I dressed as the Pink Ranger for Halloween one year. I watched the 90's movie like 3-4 years ago, and yeah it's really cheesy and silly, but I still like it! Go-go Power Rangers! I'll be checking this out, even if it's by myself. lol.

Mr Trick: You in that Power Ranger outift sounds like hot stuff! lol
  8. Blair

Blair Scooby

Yeah it's a lot better than the 90's one.
    Originally I was going to see it by myself (all my friends bailed because they're lame) and then ran into my guitarist. I felt kinda bad because he was on a date with his missus, but he was all "Nah man, join us" and spent most of the time nerding out with me haha.

But yeah, will totally see it again.

Oh... And it leads up for a sequel!

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  9. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    @Mr Trick You in that Power Ranger outift sounds like hot stuff! lol

Lol. Well I was like 8 at the time. Haha, but if I dress up this year I'll send you a pic;) lol

GwenRaiden likes this.
  10. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    Beauty & the Beast - 7/10

Not bad for a Disney film. The talking furniture was amusing and the Beast had some good lines. It looked good throughout. Slightly creepy theme of imprisoning someone until they fall in love with you.

I can't believe they're still milking the Power Rangers brand! 20 years or so of releasing the same episode, switching in and out actors. One of the few things I liked as a kid that I couldn't muster up any enthusiasm for now.

Blair: Bestiality mixed with Stockholm syndrome :p Power Rangers was amazing. Don't diss it til you watch it
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  11. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    Life - 6/10
    Decent sci-fi thriller. There are some awesome intense scenes, but the second half is pretty repetitive, in my opinion. I liked the ending, however.

12. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    Arrival - 9/10
    The Godfather - 9/10

13. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    The Rocketeer - 8/10

Cliff Secord, an air race pilot in 1939, has his Gee Bee racing plane shot down by someone looking for a hidden item - a rocket pack that fits like a backpack. His buddy Peevy fixes the design and adds a helmet with steering capabilities and immediately they both find themselves in the midst of a Nazi plot to have a legion of soldiers who can fly into battle. The plot is being aided by movie idol Neville Sinclair (played to delicious excess by Timothy Dalton) who is secretly in league with the Nazi's. They escape with Cliff's girl Jenny (there always has to be a girl, played here by Jennifer Connelly) after she is abducted and flown away in a Nazi dirigible, eliminate Neville and set the blimp on fire, only to be rescued by friends flying an early Pitcairn autogyro. Does it have its share of cheese? Absolutely. But is it a good movie? Absolutely. He ends up with a new Gee Bee race plane (BTW a known deathtrap due to carbon monoxide poisoning), courtesy of Howard Hughes.

A classic Gee Bee:

[​IMG]

The classic Pitcairn autogyro:

[​IMG]

All of the machinery have authentic sounds, from the powerful Gee Bee to the stuttering five-cylinder radial engine of the Pitcairn and the whirring rotors. Total immersion for an aircraft geek.

14. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Watched Fincher's 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' tonight. Well, rewatched it. I still prefer this version to the original movie. Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig work very well together, and for an almost 3 hour movie I was compelled enough to continue even though (!) I had a migraine. It was a pleasing distraction.